Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Power wagon problems

Albertadude709

Reaction score
So I ordered a new PW a while back and finally picked it up a couple weeks ago. I 100% Love(d) it...

But now I’m worried I have gotten a lemon. I’m currently just over 2000 km and here’s the list of issues so far:

Transmission sometimes slips into neutral when trying to back into parking stalls. It doesn’t show that it’s in neutral but the engine will rev, truck will roll, but no acceleration. Putting it into park and then back to reverse will get me going again.

Driver side window refuses to go all the way up. It will go up, but then it stops and goes half way back down. Repeating it a few times until finally it stays all the way up

The driver-side door sometimes makes an excessively loud “snap” coming from the hinge somewhere.

Ram boxes aren’t set right, they rattle and don’t seal.

The hood isn’t set right, it bounces while driving, and looks like it isn’t closed all the way, but it is.

Excessively loud engine chatter/tick. Even for a 6.4. It sounds like the valves are loose/slapping.
I Compared it to other HD rams with the same 6.4 hemi engine and year, and they are nothing close to how loud mine is.

This really worries me.

It’s going back to the dealership in the morning to get looked at. I hope they can solve the issues.

I’m sure I’ll be told they can’t duplicate the issues and try to send me on my way ‍♂️

MrMopar

Reaction score
File a case with FCA to document.
Good luck, give us An update.

MrMopar

Reaction score
So I ordered a new PW a while back and finally picked it up a couple weeks ago. I 100% Love(d) it...

But now I’m worried I have gotten a lemon. I’m currently just over 2000 km and here’s the list of issues so far:

Transmission sometimes slips into neutral when trying to back into parking stalls. It doesn’t show that it’s in neutral but the engine will rev, truck will roll, but no acceleration. Putting it into park and then back to reverse will get me going again.

Driver side window refuses to go all the way up. It will go up, but then it stops and goes half way back down. Repeating it a few times until finally it stays all the way up

The driver-side door sometimes makes an excessively loud “snap” coming from the hinge somewhere.

The hood isn’t set right, it bounces while driving, and looks like it isn’t closed all the way, but it is.

Excessively loud engine chatter/tick. Even for a 6.4. It sounds like the valves are loose/slapping.
I Compared it to other HD rams with the same 6.4 hemi engine and year, and they are nothing close to how loud mine is.

This really worries me.

It’s going back to the dealership in the morning to get looked at. I hope they can solve the issues.

I’m sure I’ll be told they can’t duplicate the issues and try to send me on my way ‍♂️
Any updates...?

Dgulia

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my Laramie. There are 2 adjustable stops under the hood. They were too low bring them up and the fluttering of the hood will go away.
It's an aluminum hood so it will move some as its super light.

Archer

Reaction score

This really worries me.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Out of all that, my 6.4L truck only has the flimsy hood. Sorry to hear yours isn’t treating you right.

Only 5 posts since July 2019. He may not see your caring post. LOL I wonder if he ever got it fixed. BTW - I saw a TSB somewhere for the goofy window operation.

jadmt

Reaction score
It's funny after owning 4 Jeep JK wranglers the hood on my Power wagon seems rock solid. You want to see what a hood flopping around looks like drive a JK.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
It's funny after owning 4 Jeep JK wranglers the hood on my Power wagon seems rock solid. You want to see what a hood flopping around looks like drive a JK.

Agree, I had one as a rental for about 2 weeks when I was out of town for work. Thought this can't be normal and figured it was going to fly off on the highway!

Users who are viewing this thread