Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Power Wagon Lift Kit question

Zfine107

Reaction score
First off I am completely new to lift kits and trucks all together so my apologies if this is a dumb question....

I read that the stock 2019 Power Wagon has a 2" lift from the factory. So when looking at lift kits such as the AEV 3" does that add 3" to the truck or is it really only a 1" lift because it already had a 2 inch lift on the truck?

Basically I'm trying to fit 37s... I know you can cut the wheel well and such but it still rubs a bit on the radius arm from the videos I've seen.... I'd like no rub lol... If anyone has lifted their 2019-2021 Power Wagon what's your set up?
Thanks again for all the help on this.

this one.jpg

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Generally speaking you're correct about the lift measurements. Though, some manufactures list PW specific measurements and have PW specific kits. Personally I think most lifts and kits hurt the truck more than help and are done for mostly cosmetic reasons.

Suspension won't really help with fitting 37s. If you want to fit 37s with no fuss then go with the AEV wheels.

I have the Raceline wheels that are RAM specific for 37s and the driver side rubs on the pinch weld ever so slightly on bumps with the wheel turned. It's so minor I didn't even worry about trying to correct it and I go off-road quite a bit. They are 0.5" wider than the AEV wheel and I'm sure they wouldn't rub if they didn't have that extra width. After my suspension gets put on I will get a new alignment and max out the caster to push the wheel away from the pinch weld. That will hopefully take care of the slight rub.

Zfine107

Reaction score
Generally speaking you're correct about the lift measurements. Though, some manufactures list PW specific measurements and have PW specific kits. Personally I think most lifts and kits hurt the truck more than help and are done for mostly cosmetic reasons.

Suspension won't really help with fitting 37s. If you want to fit 37s with no fuss then go with the AEV wheels.

I have the Raceline wheels that are RAM specific for 37s and the driver side rubs on the pinch weld ever so slightly on bumps with the wheel turned. It's so minor I didn't even worry about trying to correct it and I go off-road quite a bit. They are 0.5" wider than the AEV wheel and I'm sure they wouldn't rub if they didn't have that extra width. After my suspension gets put on I will get a new alignment and max out the caster to push the wheel away from the pinch weld. That will hopefully take care of the slight rub.
Thanks for the info I greatly appreciate it! I'll have to look into those wheels. Have you ran any other 37s besides the KM3's? I read that their a bit smaller than some of the other 37s any truth to that?

pdavey

Reaction score

+1 to this. I have the Thuren suspension which is about 1 inch over stock and AEV rims.

Running 37x12.50x17 Cooper STT Pros which are wider then 12.5. Almost 13 inches.

The KMs run narrower.

On a stock PW suspension with the right offset rims you can run 37s no problem on 2019 and up.

Suspension upgrades should be for off-road performance as you don't need them for 37s

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

cwalston

Reaction score
I have a '20 model and am running Thuren springs up front which are around 1" over factory. I have the AEV Salta wheels with 37x12.5 Toyo MT's and have no rub at all. Granted, I am not running hard offroad, but even flexed I havent noticed any rub.

Zfine107

Reaction score
Thanks for that info that was close to the set up i was planning on running

Users who are viewing this thread