Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500 transmission questions

Mlatham

Reaction score
Mega cab 4x4 purchased new March 2020. 36000 miles. 6.7 cummins
When shifting the rpm’s go up about a hundred right before the actual shift like it’s slipping. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I have a part throttle shift flare between 3-4.

Does yours slip every shift change? Frim up with more aggressive throttle?

Gotta be more specific and detailed to get specific and detailed answers.

Mlatham

Reaction score
After being at the dealer for the 2nd time, they drove it over 100 miles so it could “re-learn”. 1-2 is better but the rest still have the rpm flare. The 6-5 downshift when under load is absurd, rpms flare to 2500. I have a tach video but can’t get it attached

jkempken

Reaction score
The 6-5 shift under load is normal for the SO Cummins with the 68RFE from what I have gathered, the TC unlocking to protect the trans.

Jackb60

Reaction score
When I see the hill up ahead I let of the pedal a bit and manually downshift to avoid that flare.

DerKomisar

Reaction score
Shift flare seems to be intentionally designed into the transmission. According to this video the flare is the result of the Torque Converter Clutch unlocking between gears to protect itself. Worth a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread