Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019-2022 Dually largest oversized tire on stock wheels/truck?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So I posted this in a couple other threads on this site. I have a 1/2” spacer, 255 85 17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs. The sidewall is super aggressive. So aggressive, that the tire lugs in between the dually are about 1/4” apart. I don’t want to trim the studs so my next option would be 2” bolt on spacers. What’s everybody’s opinion.

View attachment 43101
You gotta do 2” spacers if you dont want to trim but you cant keep it like that if loaded you could blow your tires apart and take out the bed. I have seen the aftermath its not pretty

Illymost

Reaction score
You gotta do 2” spacers if you dont want to trim but you cant keep it like that if loaded you could blow your tires apart and take out the bed. I have seen the aftermath its not pretty
Got down and measured between the closest point between tires. It’s 5/8”.

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
255/80R17 Toyo Open Country on mine!!! Was the biggest I was told I could get on stock size wheels!! Aftermarket wheels shown, but stock size replacements!!

View attachment 21870
Tires look good! But yes I agree they’re a little tight inbetween. I don’t know if a 1/4 spacer would fit with the lugs being so short. No threads sticking out after installing the spacer probably. I just ended up paying the price for a 1.5” bolt on spacer. If I have to trim the studs oh well. I’ll post picture of what I end up doing when it all arrives!
What spacer brand did you go with?

Limited22

Reaction score
Got down and measured between the closest point between tires. It’s 5/8”.
Can you show us a picture how far they poke out past the fenders? I'm assuming with 2" spacers it will be super aggressive. looking to have mine be flush with the fenders, but still can't see which setup works the best

Illymost

Reaction score
Can you show us a picture how far they poke out past the fenders? I'm assuming with 2" spacers it will be super aggressive. looking to have mine be flush with the fenders, but still can't see which setup works the best
I asked the tire shop guy if there was enough stud for the 1/2” spacer. He told me plenty. I looked at it yesterday so I could figure out a solution and I’m not happy with it. I have Fred Goeske 2” spacers coming that I’m going to go with. I will post pictures tonight of the studs and how far outside the fenders it sits now.

Edit to say: If I decide to trim the studs, a Fred Goeske steel 1” bolt on would be the way to go, IMO.

Illymost

Reaction score
A6BA2A5B-86CC-4E2B-AD62-A1D0D08B0D85.jpeg95272B1D-5121-4B96-84DA-DF00DF013252.jpeg
This is with a 1/2” slip on spacer. My 2” bolt ons should be here tomorrow. If they’re too wide, I might go with 1” and trim the studs, but really don’t want to.

2001WS6

Reaction score
zDrRd6C.jpg

Limited22

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are aftermarket wheels out there that can have 35s on without spacers and not alot of poke from the fenders? Seems like the only option with our dually 17 inch wheels is 2" spacers. Would love to find an option that doesnt require spacers, i guess the right offset should solve this, anyone know?

Bombaman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are aftermarket wheels out there that can have 35s on without spacers and not alot of poke from the fenders? Seems like the only option with our dually 17 inch wheels is 2" spacers. Would love to find an option that doesnt require spacers, i guess the right offset should solve this, anyone know?
Whilst I was doing my reasearch, I had a quote request in for Custom Offsets for the same.

Their proposal (using Fuel Wheels) was;

Front - Fuel Maverick 20x8.25 +122mm Offset
Rear Inner - Fuel Rear Inner 20x8.25 +155mm Offset
Rear Outer - Fuel Maverick 20x8.25 -176mm Offset

So for example, if your running a 285/65R20 (~34.6")
Front - Inner 1/2" less clearance, Outer - 1 5/8" additional stance "poke"
Rear Inner - Inner 1 3/4" less clearance, outer 3/8" additional towards centerline
Rear Outer - Inner 7/16" additional clearance, Outer 2 5/8" additional stance/poke

The outer would sit pretty much flush, but the inner clearance to the suspension was my concern, as well as tthe 2,500lb load rating per wheel.

Illymost

Reaction score
Whilst I was doing my reasearch, I had a quote request in for Custom Offsets for the same.

Their proposal (using Fuel Wheels) was;

Front - Fuel Maverick 20x8.25 +122mm Offset
Rear Inner - Fuel Rear Inner 20x8.25 +155mm Offset
Rear Outer - Fuel Maverick 20x8.25 -176mm Offset

So for example, if your running a 285/65R20 (~34.6")
Front - Inner 1/2" less clearance, Outer - 1 5/8" additional stance "poke"
Rear Inner - Inner 1 3/4" less clearance, outer 3/8" additional towards centerline
Rear Outer - Inner 7/16" additional clearance, Outer 2 5/8" additional stance/poke

The outer would sit pretty much flush, but the inner clearance to the suspension was my concern, as well as tthe 2,500lb load rating per wheel.
Did you settle on something? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on DDC Wheels or Vision? Haven’t been able to find a lot of info on either.

Bombaman

Reaction score
Did you settle on something? I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on DDC Wheels or Vision? Haven’t been able to find a lot of info on either.
I have with Vision, but don't want to post it till I have it fitted to make sure I don't give anyone a bum-steer, should arrive later this week or early next.

Illymost

Reaction score
I have with Vision, but don't want to post it till I have it fitted to make sure I don't give anyone a bum-steer, should arrive later this week or early next.
Awesome. I look forward to hearing what you find. I’m looking at that 17” 181 Hauler but will go to the DDC 20” if the Hauler requires spacers.

Limited22

Reaction score
Has anyone thought about replacing just the inner wheel of our stock dually wheels to have different offset and provide the necessary clearance of oversize tires?

Users who are viewing this thread