Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi water drain plugs on the block

ClayG34

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the water drain plugs are located on my 6.4? I want to do a complete flush but I keep hearing that the driver side plug is a P.I.T.A. to get to. My plan is to run cascade through the system to try and clear as much junk out of the system as I can. Shop put green coolant in and it had 2 bottles of stop leak in the system when I bought it. Please any advice from you guys is much appreciated.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Run CLR through it. Drain the rad put a bottle of CLR in the system the fill the system with water drive around till the truck hits operating temp. Then do your full drain/ flush and fill

ClayG34

Reaction score
Run CLR through it. Drain the rad put a bottle of CLR in the system the fill the system with water drive around till the truck hits operating temp. Then do your full drain/ flush and fill
My concern is getting as much of the cleaner out as possible. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving any type of cleaner in the system because I am about to make 800 mile drive shortly after the flush. All I can find about block drains is that the driver side plug is a pain in the ass to get to.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
CLR is not harmful if some gets left in.

Users who are viewing this thread