Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 PW sway bar issue

F00LSSHINE0N

Reaction score
I am to best of my knowledge the 3rd owner of my Ram and I of course love my Ram. The 2nd owner never took it off road or used the lockers, away bar disconnect or the winch. He only used it for everyday driver for his wife and hauling their camper to the river. I retired my 99 Dodge 1500 from everyday driver and now use my 2500 PW for my everyday driver and hauling. I have not used it for any serious off road use but do use it on the farm land. I have used the winch and the lockers but not the sway bar disconnect. The other day an older gentleman darted his car across three lanes of traffic and to avoid a serious crash I had to dart hard right and get on the brakes hard. Since then I have noticed a difference in the ride if my Ram then followed by some tire rubbing when turning sharply to the left. Investigating it is when I found the passenger side sway was out of the actuator and barely being held on by the sway bar bushing/mount. The snap ring is still on the end of sway bar splined shaft. Guessing this happened in the process of trying to avoid the wreck, or is this some kind of common problem. I've been searching the web and have seen other issues with the electronic lockers and sway bars on the PW's and Rubicon's but nothing of this nature. **Before I try to reinstall, Is there any particular way of putting the sway bar back into the actuator due to it most likely having to know where "home" position is???? Is there a "king" or "master" spline on the sway bar so it will only be able to go back into the actuator so it will be in the "home" or "centering" position?? Know this wound up being long winded..lol Thanks in advance for any information on it.
View attachment 9788View attachment 9787

2powerwagons

Reaction score
I've still drive a 2007 PW. Never had an issue with the sway bar.

I've never torn mine apart, but I remember seeing one torn down in a post on PWR some years back.

Users who are viewing this thread