Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Lift kit....Not Leveling Kit

Boatally Insane

Reaction score
Is anyone making a 2" lift kit for the 2019 2500HD? I like the look of a truck with a bit of a rake to it.
I'm looking for the SAME thing.. :)

Just found adjustable front and rear spacers HERE....

ALSO,

Carli suspension make front and rear replacement lift springs...

ONLY issue I see with THESE is it lowers the payload capacity.. so would maybe have to add air bags

LaneC

Reaction score
The BDS kit is a 2" lift/leveling kit. That said, it does lift the truck up about 2" and appears to lift it more than that to me. I really like that set up. Fox 2.0 Shocks and not much else. The adjustable track bar you dont need with a 2" kit, the steering stabilizer, you dont really need. Its affordable and will get 35's under your truck without rubbing. I've had really good luck with those kits.

For the most part, anything you change as far as ride height goes is going to lower your payload/ safe towing capacity.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
So Today, I called Carli, BDS and FabTech. They are not, nor will they be, making a full 2" lift for our trucks. If you want a quality lift all the way around the truck, You have to go with an expensive 3" or more lift in the $2000+ range. That sucks for those of us who want a truck to look like a truck.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
This company's basic 2.5" lift is a leveling kit and costs $1100!!!! A full lift kit starts at $2800!!!!!! No thanks.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. It was very helpful. What I'm hoping for is a solution that retails for $300-$500. I don't mind spending decent money on a quality product but, I have my limits.
Thanks again sincerely for your input.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Is $1-2k expensive for a lift? Coming from the Jeep world that seems cheap to me.

Icon is very well regarded in the overland community. I’d trust that anything they put out will be among the best available, and will handle some serious abuse. If you’re looking to lift purely for cosmetic purposes then I guess they might be slightly overkill, but personally I’d want to know that my truck will handle at least as well as stock, if not better. I’m not sure I’d trust my life to a $300 suspension.

Heckyl

Reaction score
So Today, I called Carli, BDS and FabTech. They are not, nor will they be, making a full 2" lift for our trucks. If you want a quality lift all the way around the truck, You have to go with an expensive 3" or more lift in the $2000+ range. That sucks for those of us who want a truck to look like a truck.
The problem with most complete kits is that they usually always lifts the front more than the back.... thus giving you a level truck.
I have always had to lift the front with a leveling kit, and lift the back separately.

npurdy1112

Reaction score
I don't think I would be able to tell the difference in a 2" vs. 3" lift on a truck driving down the road. Maybe parked next to each other. I don't see how 1" more makes the truck not look like a truck. And for a ~$40k truck I wouldn't want a cheap $3-500 lift. I feel that would be a downgrade in suspension components vs. quality name recognized components.

Heckyl

Reaction score
The look like a truck is referring to the truck having rake after it is lifted, no matter the amount of lift. A truck looks like a truck when it has rake and is capable of hauling and towing without looking like a dog with its tail between its legs.

npurdy1112

Reaction score
Gotcha. That is what a lot of lifted trucks I see look like once loaded. I would bet they bought the cheaper DIY parts or kits. They more expensive ones will account for keeping your truck a truck.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Gotcha. That is what a lot of lifted trucks I see look like once loaded. I would bet they bought the cheaper DIY parts or kits. They more expensive ones will account for keeping your truck a truck.
I have actually never seen any complete lift , cheap or the most expensive, that lifts the rear the same amount as the front. Some of the lifts list exactly how much is lifted in the front and how much is lifted in the back, but most don’t. In fact, the listed height of all lifts is just referring to the front lift height. I really don’t get why all complete lifts that I have seen level the truck when lifting it... lift the front about 2 inches more than the rear. Just look at all lifted trucks with kits..... level to even higher in the front.... barf.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
Well I usually keep my trucks until they are worn out. That being said, my last truck was a 1993 Dodge W250 extended cab 4x4 diesel. The lift for it was 2" and cost me around $600. It was a FULL 2" front and rear.20190914_164954 (2).jpg

rangerdanger

Reaction score
On the other hand, the 6" lift for my 4Runner was around $9000 installed including tires and wheels.
00T0T_6sNGJudeCsO_1200x900.jpg

Heckyl

Reaction score
This is my 06 that I used a leveling kit for the front and I lifted the back the same amount using blocks under the rear leafs. I too like lifted trucks to have rake. I haul and tow heavy with it with no issues with this rake. Very minimal expense. Another reason I like
3500s with rear leaf springs over 2500s with coil springs, easier to lift the rear. I am getting older now... and I am enjoying driving my 2019 3500 that is fairly stock.
9C7D458D-3A45-47B7-9D18-025061784878.jpeg[/QUOTE]

Marshfly

Reaction score
You could always do a set of leveling coils from Carli or Thuren in the front with their full shock set and then do a 1" spacer in the rear. That will give you what you are looking for a ride great.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
I like this idea except, its still well over $1500 installed. All I want to do is clear 35's and maintain a TRUCK stance.

Users who are viewing this thread