Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15K miles new filters

jbncccb

Reaction score
All ExxonMobil fuel except 2 fill ups, one Shell and one Sunoco. I think the front would have went 30k.
66e3a681d69a1172103100906e0f03ff.jpg
e0905bd5085630582767ecf6310d73b3.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nick

Reaction score
Diesel fuel unlike gas is single source . They put the same fuel in one local gas station as another. just find the best price at a station that does high volume .

Will_T

Reaction score
Diesel fuel unlike gas is single source .
Do you mean that all diesel fuel comes from one source and only one? So the diesel I might get at our local Costco in Southern Oregon before a trip is exactly the same fuel as what I get at the next fill up in Nevada? Only factor to consider is the sales volume of a station if that can be deduced?

Nick

Reaction score
The refinery within your area that makes the fuel will transport it to various storage facilities . When for instance COSCO needs fuel they will go to the provider and when Mobil needs it they get it from the same source . Unlike gas their are no detergent formulations by different brands etc . Bio Diesel which is plant based is added to a max of about 15% . You will run into more of that in the Midwest . I think that is about all Cummins recommends . Outside of anti jell additives or #1 diesel in really harsh winter states that’s about it .

Users who are viewing this thread