Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.1+ multiple cameras

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Can the 12.1 show any more camera views simultaneously than the 8.4? IE trailer rear camera + side view cameras at the same time stacked?

HomelessBound

Reaction score
Yeah, irritating that so many options (aux-in, auto running boards) force me into the NAV 8" or 12". It wouldn't be so bad if the 12" brought me some added functionality... The 8" would be an easy sell if it meant wireless CarPlay even...

texas.yankee

Reaction score
Yeah, irritating that so many options (aux-in, auto running boards) force me into the NAV 8" or 12". It wouldn't be so bad if the 12" brought me some added functionality... The 8" would be an easy sell if it meant wireless CarPlay even...

The 12" screen actually has LESS functionality than the 8" screen...

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
I’m hoping for some significant software improvement - it seems very half baked and poorly validated. Really hoping I don’t need to go to a dealer for a update I hope comes....

texas.yankee

Reaction score
What are the specific differences? What functions does the 8" screen have that the 12" doesn't?

The new "marketplace" is only rolling out to the 8" at the moment... Maintenance monitoring remotely seems to only be available on the 8" for right now. Might be others but that's all I know about.

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
What are the specific differences? What functions does the 8" screen have that the 12" doesn't?

I don’t know if this applies to everyone, but on my 12” screen many of the “features” don’t work properly. Fuel price always resets to gas, sports teams/alerts don’t work at all, etc.

HomelessBound

Reaction score
This is a mockup of what I had in mind. Except with the trailer's rear camera in the rear view. I always back with a spotter, but a second set of eyes and cameras are nice. Without this. I'll stick to the reverse guidance and my standalone monitor for the trailer rear and the more functional 8.4c with NAV :)

12inchmockup.jpg

RickH

Reaction score
It would be great to know how to get this view. I went back to the dealer and they could not show me how this works, especially in light of the fake trailer camera option that never gets delivered even when ordered.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
It would be great to know how to get this view. I went back to the dealer and they could not show me how this works, especially in light of the fake trailer camera option that never gets delivered even when ordered.

You can't... he says it is a mock-up.. he just copy/pasted the two screens.

Users who are viewing this thread