Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0.5 Thuren coil spring rear drop?

2022ram25

Reaction score
Has anyone done just the rear Thuren 0.5 inch drop coils for rear? If so does it ride better? Worth the money?

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'm running a full Thuren build, everything but the front truss and arms. 2.75" front, 1" rear soft ride coils, 3" front 2.5" rear Kings

The rear rides notably softer and smoother, even with the Overland shocks (longer stroke factory replacements). I'm running their full kit including sway bar drops and rear trackbar. I would recommend it so long as you're not planning on running with much in the rear. The soft ride rear coils are very soft. I put an RSI cap on mine, and everything is maybe 200lbs, and it's sitting low in the rear now for sure. Once I add in a few other items for recovery and daily carry it's going to be sitting quite a bit lower than I'd like.

I'd say if you're planning on running mostly/always empty then do it up. If you only tow then do it up and add bags/timbrens. If you're planning on adding cap or rack and other items, or carry a toolbox loaded, then I'd recommend against their soft ride coils. I'm unsure about their mid ride or other options. I know some guys have run the Carli rear 2+" coils which are also progressive vs the linear Thuren coils.

2022ram25

Reaction score
I appreciate it, I think I may just go with 2 inch front coils and 1 in rear since mine is long bed and wanting a cap for the bed. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread