Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Darkone

Bed switch panel

Amazon sells all different kinds of plastic boxes that are sealed that you could add your own switches to so you don’t have to cut holes in the bed.
  2. Darkone

Lumpskie's Prospector (Diesel Power Wagon) Build

this has to be a very rare scenario. I would’ve thought a ujoint or the axle disconnect would have went first. When you say both driveshafts what was the damage there? I agree with ugly might as well as some Traction aid if you have to be in there. Then maybe next time the ujoint can fail like...
  3. Darkone

2023 3500 SRW running board question

I have factory wheel to wheels steps on my 21 3500 with a 50 gal tank. I don’t know what the issue would be with them they mount the the cab like the cab length. There are not any mounts past the cab.
  4. Darkone

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

thank you for taking us along on your adventures. My hope is to one day travel to many of the areas you have shared and experience it for myself.
  5. Darkone

Sorry, terrible post for a forum!

Love my 21 3500 after 3 years. Does everything I need it too and the 50 gal tank is the berries except for the fill up
  6. Darkone

Adding Air compressor option

extreme air makes a solid product. They make a nice 12v and also an engine mounted option. Arb twins are also a good choice. I had a custom mount made to mount an arb twin to the bottom of the bed floor on the passenger side if I ever get time to finish it up.
  7. Darkone

Terrible Towing pics thread

Didn’t know they gave cars that kind of tow rating…
  8. Darkone

Frame Hex Hole Rivnut Size

06507196AA That’s the part number that shows the factory rivnut for the air suspension mounting. Says it’s an M8x 1.25
  9. Darkone

Show Me Your Lights

@d0ppler302 I honestly don’t remember where I got the bracket from. I wouldn’t recommend anyone use it. The bracket does the job but really wasn’t that well made. Eventually I’ll do something different with my front lighting and get rid of it.
  10. Darkone

2023 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW 4 x 4 Crew Cab Springs and Derated Cummins

The cab and chassis trucks should be SO but with the Aisin transmission. Unless it’s a gas truck with the 6.4
  11. Darkone

Balance Beads

I had one of my bags take several miles before it broke. Now one thing I have noticed is when coming to a stop the beads falling onto the rim can sound like a brake dragging noise.
  12. Darkone

Terrible Towing pics thread

Wow impressed it could even move that. From the photo looks like 2 rows on top which makes 18 bales. The trailer alone probable weighs 6500-7k. I’m surprised the hitch didn’t fall off
  13. Darkone

Air bag valve placement?

I always liked having mine in the license plate for ease of knowing which bag I was checking. Also helps with plate theft if it’s a problem in your area. On my 08 I had plenty of room to make a bend from the license plate and run the lines through the frame to each bag. This is actually my...
  14. Darkone

2022 Power Wagon Build

Awesome build thanks for sharing it.
  15. Darkone

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Passive handles are in my list of things to do
  16. Darkone

Accommodating a 37" Spare: Can It Fit in the Original Under-Bed Space on a RAM 3500?

I’m running a 35x12.50r18 toyo open country rt aired to about ~50 psi. The tire fits but I wouldn’t want to try anything bigger.
  17. Darkone

Accommodating a 37" Spare: Can It Fit in the Original Under-Bed Space on a RAM 3500?

What modifications are involved? There’s not enough room between the frame rails for a 37” tire 35”is the max.
  18. Darkone

I’ve really want this for backing up trailers, and have maneuverability rather than have the front end binding.
  19. Darkone

Wiring assistance

I was able to come up with a solution I think will work. I’m going to mount the blue seas 2104 to the battery box on the drivers side. From there I plan to run 4/0 to the engine ground. It may be over kill but I have a piece left over from another project that’s the right length. That will give...
  20. Darkone

Well said, this world needs more men that think that way. Highly disappointing to hear about the battle born battery. Hopefully they make it right by some means.