Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. W

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Yeah that news yesterday about the S.O. engine going away was nice to see. I guess the new engine will be 450ish horsepower across the board. Which makes sense considering that their main competitors' have had that power level for over 6 years now. Hell, my old 6.7 Powerstroke came factory at...
  2. W

Fluid Film

PB Surface Shield in the aerosol cans. I did my truck front to back with 3 cans and it held up great all year. Didn’t even put the truck on a lift. Did it in my driveway in about an hour. Cost me $65 for a six pack box, and I used half so now in a couple of years I can do it again.
  3. W

When is the facelift coming out?

Right but didn't the 8-speed show up like seven years ago? And the interior was done four years ago now. Even that stuff is getting old. In the truck business even three years is a long time. I believe this is one reason Ram trucks just aren't selling. They've got like a 350 day supply of...
  4. W

When is the facelift coming out?

Well, the DT cab has been on the market for nearly 6 model years now and the HD trucks were never moved to it. The 6.4 Hemi is now 12 model years old with zero changes. The transmissions have been around for just as long. If you're waiting for a new HD truck from Ram, don't hold your breath...
  5. W

Are there more 6.4's on the road now?

A lot more 6.4 trucks here too. Back when the trucks were $40K it wasn't so hard to justify a $9k engine add-on. But now that trucks are $65k, guys are having second thoughts.
  6. W

Disappointed with 2022 Ram purchase

You had the Holy Grail 7.3 diesel Expedition and you got rid of it?? Everybody these days wants one of those.
  7. W

Hit a deer

Negative. I hit a deer at 55 MPH in a 1988 Chevy pickup (way before airbags or nannies) and I barely even felt it. Caved in my front bumper, grille, radiator, etc. Deer shot down the road like a pinball and died instantly on the side of the road. 5,000 lbs. vs. 170 lbs. laws of physics...
  8. W

U.S. Full-Sized Truck Sales Comparison: Q2 2023 vs. Q2 2022

Once again Q3 2023 Ram Trucks is the *only* brand in the U.S. showing decreasing sales. *Every* other brand, including Nissan, is showing growth. How many sales do they have to lose before they wake up and realize they need to heavily update their ancient trucks? Even the 5th Gen trucks are...
  9. W

Price negotiated from MSRP

I just wanted to drop a helpful note to all my fellow Ram guys: DO NOT under *any* circumstances EVER use Ally bank for financing, especially leases! Don't do it. They are as shady as a forest. They play dirty. And you'll never talk to an American when you call for help or to complain. And...
  10. W

Ram better come out with a a FULL fifth gen HD soon

Funny, I just watched a Tow Piglet video on this topic earlier today. He seemed to gravitate toward Cummins because it's an I-6, which means it's easier to do work on yourself. He was saying that doing your own maintenance is key to making money. But, in the same video he had just dumped...
  11. W

You may be 100% correct on the cost of body work. I cannot say. I guess we can agree to disagree on the feel of these trucks. The 2019 F-250 I'm in sees miles of gravel roads, one lane rough county roads, 4-lane U.S. highways, and interstates on a daily basis. To me it's as tight as a...
  12. W

I don't know. I've been driving and towing with a 2019 Super Duty for a week or two now and I don't see any of this, even on gravel county roads. The cab, doors, etc. feel way more solid and robust than the 4th Gen Ram cab and doors. This truck I'm driving was the last year of the TorqShift...
  13. W

Went shopping for a HD truck finally....

I've been bugging guys on this forum, as well as the Ford forum, for years. Gathering information about HD trucks and thinking about what I want to buy with plans to keep it forever. Well, I *finally* made a decision and brought a truck home. It's a 2019 Ford F-250 Super Duty Supercrew 4x4...
  14. W

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

You're the minority. Those are the worst tires on the market. They're expensive, loud, heavy, and the foul weather traction is s*it. My brother ran a set and by the time they were half worn they were dangerous on the road. He didn't even want to drive his truck in rain let alone snow. And...
  15. W

How many miles is too many?

Well it sold first thing this morning before I got to it. Sigh.. that's happened to me so many times. HD trucks here in Kentucky sell like hotcakes. Bummer. Was a sweet truck.
  16. W

How many miles is too many?

A 2016 3500 MegaCab Laramie Cummins with 171k, very clean inside and out. Frame looks great. No rust anywhere I can find. Super nice truck minus the miles. Clean Carfax. They're asking mid $30k range for the truck. Should I pass?
  17. W

2500 vs 3500

Nope a small independent dealership has it.
  18. W

2500 vs 3500

Reason I ask is because I found a 2021 Ram 2500 CC 4x4. It's a stripper Tradesman model. ONLY options are power mirrors, brake controller, and interior 115v outlet. It's got 50k on the odometer, one owner, appears it was used as a work truck for a flagging crew maybe but the body looks great...
  19. W

2500 vs 3500

Thanks. Interesting that the housings are the same but the weight ratings aren't.
  20. W

2500 vs 3500

Is this still the case on the 2023 trucks? The Ram 2500 and 3500 single rear wheel trucks have the same axles? So there's no difference in GRAWR between a 2500 Hemi and 3500 Hemi truck? Frame is also the same, minus the suspension mounts?