Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. H

Cummins MPG

Advantages the the Cummins are definitely the weight over the front axle when towing, exhaust brake, and power available at all RPMs. Diesels are usually easier/more legal for aux tanks as well. But for me, I could probably get away with a 2500 HEMI payload, but Cummins means 3500. Costwise...
  2. H

Cummins MPG

Seems to line up with what the 6.4 is getting without a trailer. The few samples in the 6.4 towing thread are showing 10-11 MPG for travel trailers so interested to hear how your RV compares.
  3. H

Cummins MPG

I'm torn between a 2500 gas and 3500 SRW Cummins (not sure if regular or HO). What kind of MPG are you folks getting loaded / towing? Please mention whether you are HO or regular and which rear end you have. Fuelly seems to be a mixed bag.
  4. H

2500 or 1500

Also I am seeing Laramie 2500s with the cummins with over 2000lbs payload, which isn't as good as the ~3000 the gas gets, but certainly useable if your trailer isn't too light. The only thing holding back the cummins is going to be how it competes against the new Duramax / Powerstroke diesel...
  5. H

2500 or 1500

A 2500 crew cab with the 6' bed is 238". That's shorter than many 1/2 tons with the 6' beds. The 6.4 with the ZF 8 speed is turning nearly what the smaller trucks are getting unloaded, but also has a nice big tank for towing. Also with a 1500 and over 500lbs tongue weight, you need a weight...
  6. H

Rear air suspension worth it on a 3500 or no?

Seems ford is the one that has the level kit lust...
  7. H

You might think your ford is doing well - but it probably is not. If you go near any campground in a car, pretty much all trucks from all brands will squat with a fifth wheel or good sized travel trailer enough to blind a cars. all it takes is a degree or two from empty to start blinding...
  8. H

I test drove both air and the leaf 3500. Air rode better empty for sure - don't know about towing. The leveling suspension helps keep from blinding drivers at night as well when you are loaded/towing.
  9. H

Delivery Time Estimates

Any chance you guys can see your missing trucks on Uconnect?
  10. H

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Your view is also pretty decent.
  11. H

Price negotiated from MSRP

Some places are requiring FCA financing as part of their deal - and it can include 0%/36. My CU has 2.5% at 60 months, which also works to refi the FCA. Net present value is greater for me on the 60 month and leaving my money in other investments longer. YMMV.
  12. H

Hey, First Time Truck Buyer Here! could use some advice....

I trust the dealers as far as I can throw them, and all the ones I have met thus far have been pretty well fed... Most of it is ignorance, but ignorance is indefensible when two weeks ago I was looking at Fords and now after two weeks I know more about RAMs than the salesman that has 20...
  13. H

Hey, First Time Truck Buyer Here! could use some advice....

The difference between 3500 and 2500 with load height appears to be that the 3500 uses air on top of a leaf spring setup, and there isn't much compression unloaded, so the truck can't really drop. Whereas the 2500 with air is pure air in the back, so many more options for what it can do. Still...
  14. H

12.1+ multiple cameras

This is a mockup of what I had in mind. Except with the trailer's rear camera in the rear view. I always back with a spotter, but a second set of eyes and cameras are nice. Without this. I'll stick to the reverse guidance and my standalone monitor for the trailer rear and the more functional...
  15. H

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Anyone have a sticker from a gas 2500 Laramie or better with ramboxes? Bonus if it also has air suspension...
  16. H

Ram Box painted covers coming off

Check this out: VHB Tape Surface Preparation Technical Bulletin - 3Mhttps://multimedia.3m.com/.../vhbtm-tape-surface-preparation-technical-bulletin.pdf
  17. H

Ram Box painted covers coming off

Superglue is a poor adhesive for anything that vibrates. With any adhesive surface prep is key -- then the right tape 3m VHB has a high temp that can withstand powder coating process as well - should be enough for Texas sun.
  18. H

2020 HD??

Time will tell. Whoever is the best at emissions without crossing the line into the buyback/dieselgate zone... I am less concerned with a Diesel engine dying than all of the emissions bolt ons.
  19. H

2020 HD??

Yes, and none of the top three dealers in the country know anything at this point - at least not sharing with me. So not sure why this one dealer would have the info... I'd figure one would at least have something like "buy a 2019 now as orders are about to close and 2020 ordering won't open...
  20. H

Cummins Maintenance Costs

Also does the 68RFE shift any better than the HO Aisin? Wife was not happy with the HO's Aisin somewhat abrupt shifting vs the ZF 8 speed in the Hemi but haven't had a chance to test drive the "normal" cummins yet.