Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

Wax on, wax off! My new Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4

Quite a contrast. Sure things will turn out fine with the payload, i was not going to buy a monster any way and if i am a couple hundred pounds over payload dont think the world will come to an end..
  2. A

Wax on, wax off! My new Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4

Thanks for the picture, especially the hitch arrangement. I had to buy the exact same drop shank as the 2" drop shank i had on my 2009 2500 was still to high and i did not like all the jerking around that the hitch made having to use the shim to get it to fit the new 2.5 inch receiver. Works...
  3. A

Cummins MPG

Cummins 2500 on the expressway got over 21! Towing 6K TT on interstates between 14 and 15.
  4. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

I like your logic and perspective. As at the moment i dont have the center stack camera setup, when i head to the beach next weekend it will be with my current setup to include the separate display for my wireless observation camera, much like you have. so i get plenty of opportunity to...
  5. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

After 3 trips to the RAM dealer they finally agreed with me that after ordering the camera kit as an option when i bought the truck, in reality when delivered it was not on the truck. I knew that from the start as it came with the 4 over 7 trailer plug and not the 12 over 7. I am encouraged...
  6. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

For 650 bucks , agree with you, i will stick with my current wireless observation camera.
  7. A

Mirror Mounted side cameras

Has anyone had an issue with the side view cameras being out of focus? All others look ok, but both side cameras are out of focus??
  8. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

OK, will give it a shot. looks like if i check the connector for the 3 pins that you inserted for the wiring harness, if they are already there then i have the kit already installed from the factory, and maybe just did not get the proper connector. Hate taking new things apart. :(
  9. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

From looking at the pdf it looks like by removing the left panel from the dash i should be able to see right off the bat if i have this kit installed from the factory. not clear however how to remove the left panel. Is there a secret?
  10. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

WOW. I am impressed.
  11. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

Nice. Interesting, i have the AUX Icon on the 12" display but no 7 over 12 connector. Looks like i send your PDF to the dealer and now at least they have more to go on. You said it took 5 hours to install, did you or the dealer do the work?
  12. A

Cummins Break in period

OK, thanks for the info. I will do the best i can although towing for so long at such a low speed may get me run over..
  13. A

Cummins Break in period

I have the 2019 2500 that i am trying to get enough mileage on to start some test tows of my TT prior to a long trip in August. After reading the owners manual it states that we need 500 miles before a tow and then 500 miles towing at 50 miles an hour. While I clearly want to get the truck...
  14. A

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Makes sense, then i save my bucks for new camera if all its good for is backing up into camp sites. Thats what i have my wife for..
  15. A

I sprung for the L2. Its a beautiful truck and so far i go out every day after work to put miles on it so i can get enough to do a test tow. I will absolutely get the TTPMS when available as i dont have one now. I do have a wireless observation camera on the TT now but dont want to fool with...
  16. A

AH HA. As i thought. even showed the dealer a picture of a bumper with the installed connector, but they were clueless. If we get 4 wheel sensors for that price that seems competitive compared to other TPMA sensors out in the market. Now we just need to wait for the rest of the puzzle to...
  17. A

All I got out of my visit from Saturday to the dealer is that they have no idea what i got when i ordered the XFQ trailer Camera wiring on my 2500 other that it says i got and paid for it on the vehicle sticker. I would be very interested to hear from any others that ordered the XFQ option just...
  18. A

Finally Arrived

I just got my Granite 2500 Laramie setup for a 5th Wheel, although now that I see the payload sticker looks like i will be getting a HT towable something next year. I like the Reflections and the Cougars. I do like the granite, the more i look at it, the more i like it. Twin of your 3500...
  19. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

Just to be clear on the pictures you sent. Did you actually get the XFQ Trainer Camera Wiring option on the truck or did you order the kit separately and have it installed by the dealer?
  20. A

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

Hi All, great to see the picture, wish i had it Saturday when i went to the dealer to ask what i had to show for the XFQ Camera Wiring option that i had paid for in my new Laramie 2500. Its clear that i dont have the 12 over 7 plug. Of course the dealer knew nothing, even less than i did, but...