Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Steve_Cornell

Part number needed for DRVM trailer wiring

I am trying to find a part number for the last cable coming from the Digital Rear View Camera to the rear bumper coax connector for the trailer DRVM. I relocated my connector to the bed and on a recent trip with my fifth wheel the wiring got tangled up with some stuff in the bed and pulled the...
  2. Steve_Cornell

I dropped the truck off this morning for the K1 Snap Ring Aisin issue

The truck now has 25500 miles on it and I just completed a 9000 mile trip of which 6000 was pulling my toyhauler and grossing 30,000lbs. The truck has not had any issues and I "almost" hated to have the K1 CSN done but my luck it would go out the next trip if I didn't
  3. Steve_Cornell

My 2 month trip , will my 3500 Aisin make it?

We are on day 2 of our 2 month vacation to Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona and so far so good. My truck is a 22 3500 DRW HO / Aisin and is part of the CSN 71a notice for the snap ring failure in the Aisin transmission, my dealer ordered the parts as soon as the CSN came out and i was told they were...
  4. Steve_Cornell

Aisin CSN \ Recall

My truck was one of the lucky winners of the 4400 or so with the possible Aisin K1 Snap ring issue, no problem yet at 16,500 miles but we are leaving on October 5th for a 2 month trip pulling a 44' Toy Hauler. I got in touch with my local dealer yesterday and he said he would order the parts...
  5. Steve_Cornell

Trailer blind spot monitor

On my 22 3500 Laramie the trailer blind spot monitor works perfectly when I select conventional trailer but if I select Fifth wheel it says blind spot detection unavailable, has anyone else had this issue? I pull both and just purchased a new fifth wheel toy hauler and would like for this to work.
  6. Steve_Cornell

Utah Bound

All loaded up and heading out in the morning for Moab for a week then Sand Hollow for a week.. 1800 miles from here in WV to Moab, let's hope the Aisin holds up... 5000 miles on the truck so far and no issues yet, just did the first oil change.
  7. Steve_Cornell

Aux switches and labels completed

I got all my auxiliary switches wired up today and labled.The switches control my front and rear LED lights, my Air Compressor, the Train Horns, and Flash the trailer lights. I installed a Relay N.C. (normally closed) and the switch interrupts the power to the trailer clearance lights, I removed...
  8. Steve_Cornell

Coax Camera connection to bed

Has anyone moved the Coax connection for the Digital Rear View Trailer Camera from the bumper to the bed? I have found a blank cover to replace the plate on the bumper but wondering if there is enough cable and what is involved with moving that connection to the bed for use with a fifth wheel .
  9. Steve_Cornell

SOLD - Naviks Video in Motion for sale

SOLD - I HAVE A NAVIKS 2019 - 2021 RAM 1500 \ 2500 \ 3500 UCONNECT 12" (4C) 360 SURROUND-VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM IN MOTION + MOTION LOCKOUT BYPASS FOR SALE. This allows you to use all of your 360 cameras while driving and also adds inputs for 2 more cameras (I had 2 trailer cameras hooked to mine) I...
  10. Steve_Cornell

Asian Build Dates for issues

Has anyone determined yet at what build date the Asian transmission problems have been corrected? or have they? Mine has a September 22 build date and I have read the problem with the snap ring or groove was corrected on the later built transmissions?
  11. Steve_Cornell

Experience with "roll up \ aluminum" type covers

I traded trucks, went from a 20 SRW to a 22 DRW, I'll be pulling a 5th wheel with the new truck and want a good retractable bed cover, I'd like something I can keep closed part way to keep the front of the bed covered while towing and of coarse close to secure the bed when unhooked, what's every...
  12. Steve_Cornell

Picking up new RAM Monday

Well, I made my trade yesterday, I was going to order but found one on the lot loaded with more than I needed and made a pretty good trade. The new truck is a 22 3500 DRW Laramie, Night Edition, with every available option and stickered for $101,200 My trade in is a 20 3500 SRW Laramie Night...
  13. Steve_Cornell

Koons 6.5% below invoice

Has anyone ordered from Koons in Virginia? (DC) They are offering 6.5% below invoice with Tread Lightly and state a $899 processing fee. I know Grainger and MD are offering 4% below invoice. What have you ran into regarding any other fees from these dealers? and who has the best communication...
  14. Steve_Cornell

Looking for new tires for the 3500 SRW

The time has come to start looking for new tires for my 3500 SRW Toe Pig, I hate the way the factory Firestones handle with a trailer in tow plus they are about gone with 22k miles. I'm thinking about going to the 295\60\20 and as of now the Michelin LTX M\S is at the top of my list, Tires like...
  15. Steve_Cornell

Fuel Mileage

I just wanted to share the mileage from a trip I took over the weekend from Central WV to San Antonio, TX.... I averaged nearly 23 mpg running 75 - 85 mph which I think is amazing for a 3500 truck... by the end of the trip I was up over 23 mpg but I took the picture below about 1070 miles in of...
  16. Steve_Cornell

EDGE CTS3 Monitor

I have a like new EDGE CTS3 Monitor I purchased from Summit Racing in November for my 2020 3500 6.7 HO I just used it to monitor various parameters, I just replaced it with an EZ Lynk, it was on the truck for 5000 miles, still has the plastic cover on the screen from the factory, includes mount...
  17. Steve_Cornell

IPhone App for use with OBD Link

I'm getting ready to order the OBD bluetooth link to use with Alfa OBD (Windows Version) there is one version (LX for $60) that will do this, however there is a $100 version (MX) that will also work with Iphone or Ipad I was wondering if there are any apps out there that would be useful while...
  18. Steve_Cornell

Uconnect App via Iphone

Has anyone had trouble with Uconnect on their Iphone? It worked fine when I first got it (late October) but hasn't been able to connect for the last 2 months, I get this screen..