Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

Rear fuel filter drain valve will screw out completely

So last night I replaced the rear fuel filter. While doing so on this truck I discovered that the fuel drain valve will completely unscrew! And yes, mor fuel will come out of that side valve hole. - The upside is that I got the fuel out that normally overflows the screwed on cap.
  2. R

Android Auto map screen gong blank and stopsresponding

I have updated my phone and the cable to connect it to the radio. I am using a USB C to USB C cable. Worked fine until recently. The map freezes and the screen goes black. I can switch to satellite radio, backup camera, or any other function. Only Android Auto is not working. Once again, these...
  3. R

Backup screen warning message avoidance

I figured out that if I hit the backup camera button before I put truck in reverse, the warning banner across the top does not display when I put the truck in reverse. - That warning is very annoying to me as it usually is covering something I need to see.
  4. R

TPMS didn't signal flat tire

I picked up a piece of metal and my TPMS was showing outside rear tire with 1-2 psi. No dash warning lights at all. I know it used to signal for low pressures.
  5. R

Brighter backup lights?

Just replace the backup bulbs or new assembly plugged into the trailer wiring? Are those bright LED bulbs really that good? I'm concerned about heat from those bulbs.
  6. R

454 Mikes Saturday

Pulling 454 miles tomorrow! Let's roll!
  7. R

Color matched Ranch Hand Legend bumper

I like the Ranch Hand bumper. A local shop says their powder coater can match most factory paints. So I am considering that route. I have the chrome appearance package on my 3500 dually. Lets see your color matched Ranch Hand Legend bumpers...
  8. R

Why I will always have my moose ears on my truck...

This is the method I have used for 44 years to adjust my mirrors. On my stock 2020 RAM 3500 towing mirrors, the large portion will not adjust out far enough in the down position. I also do not have to adjust any mirrors when towing any trailer...
  9. R

Anyone else have the loose shift lever issue? Does it reoccur?

On my 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman 3500 CC LB dually HO Aisin - I just did a google and found this - I will tighten mine up today. Anyone else have this? Should I expect this to reoccur? Is it a bad design that will plague this truck.
  10. R

Researching new wheels for my 2020 RAM 3500 dually

My 2020 RAM 3500 dually came with the steel wheels and the chrome plastic covers. I am consider replacing the stock steel wheels with aftermarket rims. So I am searching for a set of 7 wheels that will handle what my 3500 is rated for as well as looking good. I do not have any idea what the...
  11. R

** GONE ** Taken to dadump - 2020 RAM 3500 Genuine Mopar All Weather Mats Black Front & Rear $40

Genuine Mopar All Weather Mats Black Front & Rear - Part Number: 82215812AC Asking $40. If to be shipped, buy pays all shipping costs. 9750-ish miles usage. Located in Raleigh NC
  12. R

fender flares for 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman CC LB dually

Any one mounted any for a dually. Just trying to minimize road debris flung on my truck.
  13. R

Attaching chains to RAM class V hitch loops

The loops on the RAM trailer hitch are kinda small. The trailers with the clevis hooks will not securely attach. I bought some D-ring shackles that work okay, but are noisy. What are other doing. Why are those loops so small? Especially on a class 5 hitch.
  14. R

B&W TS20049B is 12 inches from the ground on my truck

My old hitch was an Anderson Rapid hitch that I believe is 8 inch drop. The B&W TS20049B is about an inch lower. B&W recommends minimum 11 inch clearance. But I cannot find that on their website now. So I'm probably good. Wanted the B&W tow and stow so I do not have to remove the hitch and store...
  15. R

wheel covers over steel wheels or "chrome appearance" fixed to wheels?

2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman dually with chrome appearance package. Are those chrome covers on the wheels just covers or are they affixed to the wheels. Meaning it is harder to rotate tires.
  16. R

Tow chain or tow strap?

My last chain got left on a trailer holding down a tractor. Pretty sure it was a 3/8 chain. Looking at tow chains to have on hand as I have needed them 6 times in the past 2 months, And I did not have any. I see 3/8 welded chain (AgriSupply), 20ft, that comes with the hooks. They also have the...
  17. R

Ranch Hand front bumpers and rust?

So I'm saving cash money for my Ranch Hand bumper. In my research to see how easy it is to bolt up, I've found a few mentions of rust issues. Who has a Ranch Hand bumper. How long have you had it? How's the paint? Any rust issues? Their reputation and cost should mean a better quality finish...
  18. R

B&W Adjustable hitch finishes

Looking at the B&W hitches for my 2020 RAM 3500 truck. Buying a hitch to match current truck rating, and intend to but once. So I am looking at the 2.5 mount drop hitches. The only question is what finish is the most durable. The chrome or the black. I am assuming the black is powder coating...
  19. R

equipment trailers vs camping trailers

Thought I my head. I know folks who tow boats, equipment trailers etc that are towards the max of their 1500/2500/3500 truck without load distribution hitches. Yet an RV is recommended to have one over a certain weight. Is it because the RV is a larger box acting as a sail and more top heavy...
  20. R

Loose 7 pin trailer connection

I guess I need to make time to go to the dealer. The in bed 7 pin trailer connection is loose fitting. The 5th wheel connector was nice and tight on my 2013 RAM 2500. But it was aftermarket, not a stock RAM one. Are all RAM in bed trailer connections loose fitting?