Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. thestuarts

Canadian UAX update files

Does anyone have the Canadian 12.1 UAX update files for versions 39.7, 39.9, and 40.1? I tried the USA files, but they were rejected. Message me directly if you don't want to share publicly.
  2. thestuarts

Error C2206 (Vehicle Configuration Mismatch) after updating the DASM module per TSB 08-150-21

I got tired of relying on my dealership for updates and service bulletins, so I became an authorized Stellantis aftermarket independent operator. I purchased a Mopar diagnostic pod, a Tech Authority subscription, a wiTECH 2.0 subscription, and wiTECH ECU flash tokens. I have been updating my...
  3. thestuarts

Does anyone have details on TSB 18-010-21?

My truck was in the shop to get the suspension module updated, but the dealer also installed a PCM update for TSB 18-010-21. I haven't been able to find any information on this TSB on the NHTSA site or the CarComplaints.com web site. Does anyone have a copy of TSB 18-010-21? The service...
  4. thestuarts

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

I really like being able to remotely start/stop and lock/unlock my truck, but my free 1-year subscription is about to expire, and Sirius XM wants to charge $249/year for that privilege. I only use the remote features about once per week, so that equates to $5 every time I use a remote feature. I...
  5. thestuarts

Has anyone installed LED lights in the engine compartment?

Has anyone found heat-resistant LED lights that can be installed in the engine compartment? I will tie the power to one of my AUX upfitter switches.
  6. thestuarts

The Banks PedalMonster will be available "soon" for 2019+ Ram trucks

Banks Power has been working on a PedalMonster throttle response system. I reached out to them for availability. They said, "As far as the Pedal Monster yes we will have one soon for your truck." Here are some details that have been in Banks' recent newsletters. December, 2019: The...
  7. thestuarts

The Banks differential cover may be available for 2019+ Ram trucks "late this year."

I asked Banks Power when they anticipate the Banks differential cover for the 2019 Ram 3500 with the 12" (AAM) rear end. Banks replied, "The plan for the Diff cover would be late this year."
  8. thestuarts

Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant Goes Back To Work, Building Ram Trucks

https://moparinsiders.com/saltillo-truck-assembly-plant-goes-back-to-work-building-ram-trucks/ "For those who have a Ram Heavy Duty pickup on order, you can expect slight delays due to the fact that the plant will only be running on one shift for the time being."
  9. thestuarts

Honoring my grandfather

I know some y'all pronounce diesel as (dē-zəl or dee-zuhl), and some of y'all pronounce diesel as (dē-səl or dee-suhl), but I pronounce it dee-sil. Both of my parents' families are from the Appalachian mountains where many people speak in an accent known as "mountain talk." If you have never...
  10. thestuarts

FCA recalls vehicles to fix backup camera

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fiat-chrysler-recalls-vehicles-to-fix-backup-camera-displays The recall covers certain Ram pickups and Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Renegade vans and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years. Also included...
  11. thestuarts

Concerning oil analysis report for first oil change

I have a 2019 Ram 3500 with the HO Diesel. I changed the oil at 4,200 miles, and I sent the OEM oil off to Cummins Filtration for analysis. The report is mildly concerning because 2 items came back with a rating of Abnormal. Copper was measured at 81 parts per million (ppm) which is considered...
  12. thestuarts

Air suspension module update for 2019 3500 with Air Ride Suspension

On 10/21/2019, I took my 2019 3500 in to the service department to fix a water leak in the third brake light housing. The leak was fixed by replacing the housing, but I noticed the dealer also updated the flash module for the Air Suspension. The truck was manufactured in July of 2019 and was...
  13. thestuarts

2019 Ram 3500 roof leak

It has been raining for many days where I live. Today, I noticed water in the back seat. It appears to be leaking from two places: around the dome light and around the left rear speaker. Pictures below. I verified the following: The sunroof is fully closed without any debris in the seal. The...
  14. thestuarts

Can you use the air bag compressor for filling tires with air? [ANSWER: NO]

I searched the forum for the answer, but my searching skills aren't the best, so forgive me if this question has been answered before. My 2019 3500 has the auto-leveling air bags. The air tank seems to have a bleed off valve. Is it possible to attach an air hose to the air suspension tank to...
  15. thestuarts

5th wheel hitch choices a 2019 Ram 3500 short bed

I have on order a 2019 Ram 3500 MegaCab short bed, and I also have on order an Arctic Fox 27-5L. I need a hitch that will work with the 27-5L and the short bed of the Ram. I want to get a hitch that automatically slides or otherwise doesn't require me to get out of the truck to make adjustments...