Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Probably a dumb (tire) question, but y'all should be used to that....

well, this went as expected.... LOL Just goes to show you the power of the internet. Some good, some bad, and the rest.
  2. T

Probably a dumb (tire) question, but y'all should be used to that....

Tire pressure. Stock 2500 Tradesman 6.4L 8' box 4x4 OEM Firestones. door pressure states max 60 front and 65 rear. Seems the dealer and others, want to say bump it up to in the mid to high 70s while towing. I am having a hard time coming to grips with that. Pretty sure if that were true...
  3. T

How much sag before you need airbags?

Ok, fair enough. 3K payload 14,700 towing 22 2500 gasser 8' box RV is 39', 10,200 empty Pin weight is 1900 (and it is) GVWR is 13,990 Actual weight in pic is about 10,350 My gross according to Cat Scales, is 17,860. I still have about 1700 to 2K lbs of **** to load up....maybe B&W...
  4. T

I took the pic and it looked level.... LOL, that is until I transferred the pic to my PC.... Then it looks nose high. The bottle does not lie like an iPhone.... I just realized I have an egg shaped front tire/wheel and the rear is actually round....... F'N iPhones..... jeebus......
  5. T

the screwed up part is..... iPhone suck for showing true visuals.
  6. T

you may be correct sir. This is a measuring device. It is 7" tall. This is unhooked stance. There is 10" from top of tire to bottom of wheel well. Just went out and measured it. this is hitched up and ready to roll. so, I am only sagging about 2.5"
  7. T

Funny thing is, the ass end rides higher than the front, unladen. Im just gonna get some bags, they are only a few 100 bucks.... LOL
  8. T

Do you work at Autozone? LOL
  9. T

Finally got everything setup and hooked up for towing my 5th wheel. Seems I have about 5 inches of sag when hooked up. I am pretty much empty and expect another 1200-1500 lbs in the RV. Pulled the rig to a temp storage lot while I get everything setup. Pulled pretty well and felt Ok while...
  10. T

Lets see what you are towing!

I am all good to go now
  11. T

Fifth Wheel Clearance

Good info I am due to install my hitch on Monday. My pin height on the RV is 49" My bed of the truck is 39".... Looks like I will be doing a pin box adj.
  12. T

CAT Scale Weigh-in Heavier Than Curb Weight?

I am 7200 gross on my truck. I figure 7500 MAX with the hitch in the bed. My estimated pin weight it going to be around 2100. RV is about 10,550 + at best, 1500 lbs more. I dont think I have 2 tons of **** to go in it, even though it is rated for that much cargo. I am going to be close to...
  13. T

Oh, that makes me feel better. A LOT better. I will be picking up my rig on the 13th. I am about 2K lbs heavier on the RV.
  14. T

Dash camera

yup Blackvue.... LOL auto correct got me I have had 2 from work for the last 6 or so years and one took a dump on me. As for the ones we sell, very view are defective. I highly recommend Blackvue
  15. T

Dash camera

The DashCam Store should be able to help you. May as well pick up a blackview too :D
  16. T

Cat Scales are in 20# increments My 2022 2500 crew cab gasser 8 foot box
  17. T

These numbers are not matching up...

Oh, and if you are curious..... I got this truck for the sole purpose of turning a toy hauler RV into a work from home office. Turning the garage into a..... not sure what you would call it, but there will be 7-8 monitors, 3 computers, a test/gun/work/ bench. I may even put in a 9mm...
  18. T

very true.
  19. T

Not true, weight alone does not determine private or commercial. Weight just determines a Class of license. Up until about 5 or 6 years ago (I think) in Texas, I could haul a combo (toter home and 50' race trailer) with nothing more than a Class C. That thing grossed out at about 85K to 90K...
  20. T

Why would I be out? LOL.. Am I not cargo? ;) Now I have to figure out if I want a 5th wheel or a TT.