Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. CharlieTangoWhiskey

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

They put a whole new trans in mine. It accelerates a lot better and the shifts are not as hard. Mine failed at 20,633. We just hit 30k on it and have had zero problems. We pull a 5th wheel 90% of the time, 13.6k. Ram just paid for us to do the trans service at the regular 30k interval even...
  2. CharlieTangoWhiskey

From what I am being told the snap ring issue is with only one of the suppliers and it was not heat treated correctly. It does not actually break, it bends and falls out of place. they replaced our transmission with a new one built in March of 23, i think, I know its a 23. We pull a 14k 5th...
  3. CharlieTangoWhiskey

you can call them and get a case open but that is about it. They suck.
  4. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Adding Cargo Camera

you may be right. I forget what year they went up to before stopping all the trucks from being pre-wired for it. it may have been 2018.
  5. CharlieTangoWhiskey

We have had our truck back for almost 2 months now. I can say she was a little sluggish at first. After 500 to 1000 miles it runs like a champ. Very little lag, and firm shifts. I will say, I think its better than when we drove it off the lot. Its firm power, no slop. Very pleased. We have put...
  6. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Book time is 6 or 8 hours, including test drive. I cant remember which.
  7. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Adding Cargo Camera

From my understanding the 2021 you can jsut add the factory camera and have the dealer add the option code. They changed the wiring and electronics for the 22 and up, which is why you cant just add it to them. Double check me though.
  8. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Well RAM may not be responding but the government is. I just got this from the NHTSB for the complaint I filled. If you have not filled a complaint, go do it. From what I hear it takes about 300 complaints to get an investigator to visit RAM. "Please see the attached copy of your recent...
  9. CharlieTangoWhiskey

I have tried to find this. if its true, it has not been listed anywhere. Very interested in reading the complaint.
  10. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Hannah, RAM should be reaching out to every single person in this group. There are multiple people with stranded trucks. I can tell you RAM Care is the worst group of untrained persons I have ever dealt with. Pull the data from your systems and reach out to every single person that has a truck...
  11. CharlieTangoWhiskey

There are a few facebook groups for those in RVs that need help moving around after a truck failure. Look up Switch It Up or Our Road Less Traveled. Post to the group and maybe someone is close enough that can move your camper and or get you home.
  12. CharlieTangoWhiskey

picked up the truck today. They replaced the entire transmission and did the heater grid replay recall. I decided sice its a new transmission it needs to be treated like a new truck. That means 500 mile no towing, and not over 50 mph. We can't get the full 500 on it but we can get 300 before...
  13. CharlieTangoWhiskey

I talked to him. His was built Aug of 22 and purchased Feb of 23. I think there are dealers that are willing to do the service before it breaks. THey may be far and few though.
  14. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Its listed as a 2022, you might be right though.
  15. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Here is a link on Reddit showing dealers are in fact proactivly fixing trucks bases on the TSB alone. If yours has not failed, call your dealer and see if they will replace the snap ring before it fails. Once they have the parts, its a 6 hour project.
  16. CharlieTangoWhiskey

Yeah, I was looking at that. I talked to three dealers around the Denver area that said they have 3-4 trucks down each and all were in the 10-20k range. Maybe they were stretching the truth, I just know thats what I was told by three different shops. I plan on sending a link to the document to...
  17. CharlieTangoWhiskey

In full disclosure, I have a contact inside Stellantis, its the same person that helped get my truck shipped. He got me in touch with the district warranty manager for the Denver area. That guy, Eric, ordered a new transmission, and had it sent to the dealer. Once he got involved, the dealer...
  18. CharlieTangoWhiskey

I talked to a few dealers when trying to find one that could get it in. They all seemed to think the bulk of the failures are around 10-20k.
  19. CharlieTangoWhiskey

@mbarber84 Old transmission serial number. 2F-4731 New transmission serial number 3E-1064 Failure mileage. 20,667 Ram sent a new transmission to the dealer today, they got it installed. They have to road test it Monday. repair should be complete as of Monday
  20. CharlieTangoWhiskey

I agree with you. But there are rumors RAM is about to do to Aisin as Ford did to International. Aisin may be the one not paying back warranty claims. I have also heard, not reliable, that RAM is dropping Aisin in 24 or 25 for Allison. the 6.7 and allison are already used in school busses. I...