Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Riccochet

The Great Maintenance Interval Debate….

If you have doubts that your oil is no longer performing you can send a sample to Blackstone. You'd be surprised just how good your oil still is at 7500-8000 miles. I believe they set the intervals lower than needed for people that wait 1000-3000 miles after it hits 0% so there won't be any...
  2. Riccochet

People suck

That's what I park as far away from other vehicles as I can. I don't mind walking.
  3. Riccochet

Truck moves when put in park with Emergency Brake engaged

I've found when backing up to hitch up that when I get the ball aligned, I'll put it in drive, then in park, then engage the parking brake and it doesn't roll.
  4. Riccochet

When is the facelift coming out?

I don't think I've seen one thread, ever, on the ramforums about the shift knob failing. Been a member there since 2013 when I bought my first 1500.
  5. Riccochet

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

and $20,000 batteries, $40,000 collision repairs on all these EV's they're shoving down our throats.
  6. Riccochet

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

I've always found the best rates by combining policies under one provider. We have 3 auto, home, a few personal property, boat and RV insurance all through one provider/agent. I have yet to find another provider that can beat what we are and have been paying for 20 years. And we shop every year...
  7. Riccochet

2025 Ram HD

How about they ditch the 6.4 and give us a bigger V8 like Ford and GM did.
  8. Riccochet

2025 Ram HD

I hope it does. I love the big screen.
  9. Riccochet

2023 2500 6.4L Tire Pressure Sticker

All dealers have them at 80 so the tires don't get flat spots while they're sitting on the lot. They're supposed to drop the pressure prior to delivery, but never do. It's like driving on rocks.
  10. Riccochet

2025 Ram HD

It is a good feature, and nice that there's a way to temporarily disable it. People have been killed by falling out of their vehicle while it's in gear and being ran over. Today's world where we cater to the least common denominator. lol
  11. Riccochet

2025 Ram HD

I believe you can open the door while in gear with the seatbelt buckled. Just clip that sucker behind you if it's an issue. Can't say I've tried to use the gear selector dial while moving. I have gone to put my Gladiator in gear and turned the radio volume up.
  12. Riccochet

2025 Ram HD

You can spec a bighorn to be about 98% of what a Laramie is, minus the leather seats. If I could have found a bighorn with the options I wanted I'd have bought it. I really didn't want my Longhorn, but it popped up for sale at a smokin price, so here we are. Even tried ordering a Bighorn...
  13. Riccochet

2025 Ram HD

I don't understand the point of a column shifter with modern transmissions. There's no linkage, it's all electronic. Dial, push buttons, something else, is all perfectly fine with me. Just no console shifter. I do like the open console for storage. I do hope they put an 8 speed behind the Cummins.
  14. Riccochet

Brakes

I believe you are thinking of carbon ceramic rotors. Those need to be hot to perform. Drilled/Slotted rotors reduce fade under hard braking by venting gases that build up between the pad and rotor surface. They also cool down faster. Either way, powerstop makes solid rotors if that's your bag...
  15. Riccochet

Brakes

You can buy just the pads. Though at 80k miles I'd imagine your rotors should be replaced as well.
  16. Riccochet

Brakes

I'm a big fan of the Powerstop Z36 kits. Much better braking, a lot less brake dust. Had them on my past two trucks, my current Gladiator and Wrangler. Will put them on my 2500 when I get around to it...
  17. Riccochet

Why Ram?

I'm not brand loyal. My first truck was a 99 F350, then a 01 F250, 05 Nissan Titan, 09 GMC 1500, 11 F150. It was that F150 that broke me from Ford. Truck was an absolute P.O.S. that Ford ultimately refused to repair. Had to take them to litigation for replacement. They gave me a brand new 2012...
  18. Riccochet

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

Are we doing off road fuel economy now? Pretty sure my Wrangler gets 2-3 gallons per mile when I'm rock crawling. :cool:
  19. Riccochet

You stalkin my life choices? lol 2500, Gladiator and Wrangler.
  20. Riccochet

This is right from the 2020 manual. If you're hearing knocking then the VVT has pulled all the timing it can. Most cases you'll never hear it as it's retarded the timing enough to eliminate it. My guess is they tuned it to run on 87 in following years without much of hit to performance. Only way...