Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. techman

Cold weather Prep?

Heading to the Great White North for a week with the new truck. Should I do any prep for what looks like a stretch of below zero temps? The truck will unfortunately be parked for several days in an outside lot with no options to plug in the block heater. I imagine the fuel is winter blend at...
  2. techman

Bed mat with Ram Box

What are some recommendations for a simple bed mat for 2500 with Ram Boxes and 6.4 bed length? ACI seems to be one of my only choices? Weather tech doesn't make anything for a Ram Box equipped truck. Just looking for something to keep the bed clean/scratch free. Yes, I do have the factory...
  3. techman

Auto HVAC Delay

When I set my climate to Auto, how long does it typically take to start warming the cabin? I know the engine needs to be able to supply hot coolant to the heat exchanger to provide heat, but does the system wait until the engine reaches normal operating temp? Mine when set to auto, doesn't...
  4. techman

Connected Services Expiration

What exactly happens when you let connected services expire? Does the screen display something and do things like the map screen disappear? Or do "updates" just stop and the basic functionality of the UConnect continue to work?
  5. techman

Delivery Alignment

Just took delivery of my 22 BH. How unusual is it for the alignment to be off on fresh delivery trucks? The truck seems to track straight although it follows the crest of the road quite a bit. The tires were delivered at 90 PSI....so I dropped them to 65 on all 4 corners. The biggest...
  6. techman

Wireless Charging Option?

Is wireless charging standard on all 12" UConnect systems? I put my phone in the charging "area" and nothing happens. My phone has wireless charging and no case, but as far as I can tell it doesn't detect a wireless charging pad. It's a tall phone so I have to lay it sidewise. Is that an...
  7. techman

Air ride hitch drop

What are you guys using for a hitch drop with your 2500's diesels with air ride? Seems like 6" will give me more versatility with about 10"'s of clearance. Or is a 4" drop ok with less options?
  8. techman

Air Suspension Badging

I ordered the factory air suspension. Should there be a badge/sticker somewhere on my truck? The build lists indicates a sticker, where would/should it be?
  9. techman

Spare Tire Size

Just got my equipment listing and it shows the standard equipment spare tire as 18". I did option the 20" wheels, will I get a 20" spare or is the 18" steel what ships with all 2500's?
  10. techman

Delivery Miles

Just curious what are folks seeing for actual miles driven on their ODO when taking delivery of their new truck? When I was test driving various models at the dealership I saw a low of 11 miles and a high of 90 miles., which just could be racked up from test drives, I'm assuming from assembly...