Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Radio sometimes won’t turn off after shutting off truck

On my 22 3500 Limited the 12” radio occasionally won’t turn off after powering down the truck and then opening the door. Haven’t found a pattern yet and it does not happen all the time. I’ve let it sit for over 15 minutes before just to see if it would eventually and it does not. Doing a...
  2. M

Streamlight mount?

Anyone find a good spot to mount a streamlight? Had a fleeting thought putting it here but the console slide won’t click forward. Would like a spot accessible by the driver.
  3. M

Tapatalk mobile app broken again?

@Brutal_HO , looks like the mobile app may have broke again? The forum is not even listed in the mobile app anymore, it disappeared overnight.
  4. M

Mobile app broken

This started recently with the Tapatalk app that has totally broken it.
  5. M

MaxCare Key Fob replacement process

Who has had their key fob replaced using their MaxCare extended warranty? Under the warranty it states: FOB: Subject to the limitations in this provision, the Plan provides (i) coverage for up to three key fob repairs or replacements, and (ii) a total key fob coverage benefit of $600, which...
  6. M

Alt Trailer Height

Can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve tried it with trailer attached, empty and loaded. And without a trailer attached. It goes through the lowering process and at the end it cancels saying it can’t due to payload. Thoughts? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. M

Why I like XPel PPF

Had a run in with a stand pipe. Put a small dent in the passenger door and scraped off the PPF on the door and a little in the back. Dent Pro should make quick work of the dent, not a single scratch. New film will go on and you won’t be able to tell. Most definitely would have had a nice scratch...
  8. M

Tow mode camera

Can’t remember but can other cameras be used instead of the factory sold tow mode camera for the DRVM? I have them installed on two of my trailers, they seem a little zoomed in more than I’d like, was wondering if a different camera with a larger field of view could be used since it doesn’t seem...
  9. M

Trailer 360 Surround button control broken?

I finally got my trailer surround cameras installed and noticed that the view buttons under the video feed do not work. I have a video of it but here’s a pic to start, I circled the buttons I’m talking about. These buttons are functional on the truck 360 surround but when in the trailer view...
  10. M

FREE: ECRI Security Bypass Module

I have a ECRI Security Bypass Module that I purchased and never used. I ended up buying a KAOD Tech cable. If someone wishes to pay for shipping they can have this for free if they would like it. Can just send me a prepaid shipping label or info on shipping and will get it out to ya...
  11. M

BajaDesigns XL Linkable Bumper Light Kit Install

Finally got around to beginning this install. Today I was able to get the lights mounted and hopefully tomorrow I’ll wrap it up with the wiring. Spent a little over 5 hours on it today in my garage. It does require removing the front bumper which I was able to do by myself but I did phone a...
  12. M

**SOLD** Banks Pedal Monster 64310

Had this installed in my 22 Cummins HO, haven’t really been using it so when I had things opened up today I took it out. Works fine, easy install. $200 obo , includes shipping in US. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. M

Tow Mode Camera install height

I have the tow mode camera, no instructions (don’t need much, it’s simple). The one question I have is do the recommend a certain height? My horse trailer has split upper doors and a ramp, so my mounting option really is going to be at the top of the trailer and I’m wondering if that will be a...
  14. M

Baja Designs Ram light bar kit arrived!

I was expecting a little longer wait but the kit arrived. Will post some pics and details once I get the install done, hopefully not too long! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. M

2023 HD Rebel Test Drive video

Ben Hardy has a video posted of a pre-production 2023. He goes through things fast as usual, but he does cover the new mirrors, digital dash and shows the turn signal enabled side video view. In case folks want to get a better view of it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. M

Drop hitch and factory auto level

Let me know if I’m not thinking correctly :-) In this forum and on hitch websites when you ask about which drop to get for a 3500 4x4 I seem to recall recommendations of 6-8” drops. I have factory auto level and I have a 7” drop. Seems like no batter where I place the ball things look good...
  17. M

Eliminate 3 horn chirp when exiting vehicle while engine running

This topic has been discussed a bit in these forums, most recently in a merged thread located here. In that thread a solution was discussed to leverage the VSIM wiring as a way to bypass the BCM chirps while the engine was running. Other solutions were also discussed, but this is one that I...
  18. M

2022 mirror turn signal same as earlier years?

The turn signal / marker lights on the folding door mirrors, are the MY 22 ones the same as the 21 and earlier? Seems like they would be but wasn’t sure if anyone can confirm. I broke one of mine, figured I’d replace with some smoked ones. If anyone knows of ones available that they k ow fit...
  19. M

Wig Wag lights on 2022 VSIM

I’ve been getting prepared to setup the Wig Wag lights with the VSIM module on my 22 3500. Reading posts and documentation from Ram, etc. Everything I’ve seen shows that you need to use an AUX switch to trigger a relay to switch ground because the Wig Wag activation in the VSIM requires a...
  20. M

Falken WildPeak AT3 285/65/20

Just posting for others to reference what it looks like, I had trouble finding pics of these on stock truck, no leveling or lift. Tires are slightly taller, same width. Have used these tires on several trucks and have been happy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk