Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

A car is no different than a smartphone these days. First, any site or app you use. The real value to the app is the data they collect, selling that data is more profitable than any app. But also when you sell your smartphone you need to turn off any attacking that was enabled, remove all...
  2. M

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

You could probably make that statement for about 90% or the YouTube-era out there.
  3. M

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

Interesting view of tire beads from inside the tire! Yes, they mounted a GoPro inside….
  4. M

Pros / Cons of Certain Features (Custom Order vs Dealer Inventory)

Hope they are giving you a sweet deal because there are other options including placing orders at big discounts under MSRP. It’s kind of crappy of them to not let you order what you want, seems like you like them more than they like you. Orders are easy money for them. Tow hooks easy. I’m...
  5. M

Information center 12 in

The left speakers do go off due to the phone connection triggering sound through those speakers for the driver to hear. Once the app closes or the phone is locked then they come back. While there are some similarities, this is a HD Ram forum which is for 2500/3500 models. There is another set...
  6. M

ISO-trailer camera kit for 2022 Ram 3500 that has trailer technology package.

I have both on my 22 and installed on my horse trailer. I also have an additional rear view camera on my dump trailer. 360 is four cameras. Front/rear and each side. Gives you an “all around view” on the Uconnect screen. It is a bit of work to install, comes with a control module that all...
  7. M

ISO-trailer camera kit for 2022 Ram 3500 that has trailer technology package.

You didn’t answer which camera setup are you looking for. 360, rear/ backup or both. A few of the trailer cameras (68527599aa as a search word) are on eBay now.
  8. M

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

I went to the websites linked in the article and submitted a request for my information as well as opting out. For LexisNexis you can do an online form. Curious to see what they have on me…
  9. M

Streamlight mount?

I ended up giving the drivers side a shot. Seems to miss my leg positioning and easy access.
  10. M

2024 RamBox availability

From what I’m seeing on the build site if you choose the Laramie then you can’t add the ram box. If you choose the Limited or Limited Longhorn you can get the Ram box but you can only get the diesel. Seems like you have a choice to make.
  11. M

Biden administration ADMITS flying 320,000 migrants secretly into the U.S

Your last bit there is exactly what I was doing. I did research it before posting and it is why I posted because the basis of the article is biased. As mentioned I never said there was a border policy issue or immigration issue. The issue here IMHO is completely focused on the biased report...
  12. M

I typically do ignore but for some reason this one caught my eye this morning. And it sounds like we're in similar mindsets maybe. As I said, I never stated my views on border policy and I do agree that there are significant issues with it and there are significant numbers of migrants trying...
  13. M

It’s totally relevant when someone posts an article and the spreading news that is all sourced from the report from that organization which cannot be trusted. I said nothing about my views on border control. If someone posted an article from the Daily Mail saying that the monarchy was racist I...
  14. M

I mean I can use a source you trust that has an article touting the extreme views of John Tanton so even Fox acknowledges that. https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/as-immigration-debate-heats-up-keep-out-the-extremists
  15. M

Uh, look around. That was one source but let me ask are you defending John Tanton? You a fan of eugenics? It’s not a secret his history, his own writings are published.
  16. M

The issue I’m pointing out is the source of the reporting and sensationalist headlines to stir the pot. Not just a racist source but hitler-ish when you look at the background of John Tanton. I just prefer to not trust sources like that but people run with the report because it fits their agenda.
  17. M

Not sure I follow. Pretty much every article here says the source of the report is CIS. Plenty of information out there on John Tanton who was the co founder. It’s not hard to find this stuff. https://bridge.georgetown.edu/research/factsheet-center-for-immigration-studies-cis/
  18. M

None of you seem interested in diving into CIS? A hate group cofounded by a white nationalist into eugenics who is the source for all the reporting? That makes sense to you?
  19. M

Yes, the app is real. Yes the story is posted in many sites (untrusted or very right wing) and yes they are all basing their stories or Embellishing them from this CIS report. Do some research on CIS and tell me what you think of them.
  20. M

The only close to reliable sources are reporting on Musk quoting crazy **** again. The rest are re posting the sources story from that crazy think tank. This is why it’s important to call BS sometimes and dig into the sources of some of these news stories that just seem outrageous.