Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

No Weight Distribution Required?

The issues I had were numerous and had mostly to do with bolts shearing, poor assembly from factory (loose bolts) and the thrust bearings in the assembly that adjusts the distribution load breaking during adjustments. The last item was more of a design defect that while disappointing, did not...
  2. R

It also says on their website that they are sunseting the Gen 1 which means they are abandoning the design in favor of a totally different design which in looking at the pictures, should fix most of the issues I had.
  3. R

I just saw from a trailer forum that the Weigh Safe heavy weight hitch is no longer available. If this is true it is possible that all the issues I had were not isolated and they decided to redesign the hitch to eliminate the problems.
  4. R

mopar Power Deployable Running Boards

It only activates based on the door that is open. NOT both at the same time.
  5. R

Your questions about whether you need a WDH or not is a valid one. I think that it would depend greatly on your truck configuration and the tongue weight of the trailer. If you had a one ton truck with a Cummins engine and a long bed, you may not if the tongue weight was not huge. A 3’4 ton...
  6. R

The owner of Timber Grove is unfortunately comparing apples to oranges. The statement that a you do not need a WDH for a gooseneck or fifthwheel is a true statement mainly because the weight is over the axle and also, to my knowledge, there is no WDH for those types of trailers. Now, a bumper...
  7. R

Anderson WDH w a 38' TT? Edit: Bumper Pull

I tried using the Anderson on a lightweight 37 ft trailer (8000 lbs) with about a 900 lb tongue weight. I could never get it to transfer adequate weight back to the front axle. I contacted Anderson about the issue and they admitted that with a long trailer, the weight transfer might not be...
  8. R

Weight distribution hitch for 3500 with ram factory air

The Weigh Safe is not a bad hitch but its design can inadvertently result in the issue I ran into. The problem comes when the chain mounting point under the trailer coupler comes in contact with the hitch in a tight turn. This puts a downward force on the weight distribution head and can shear...
  9. R

Good point about the hydraulics being a single point failure. However, I had a weigh safe hitch that sheared one of the two bolts holding the weight distribution hitch assembly to the main unit. If I had not caught it and the second bolt had come loose or sheared, the entire assembly would have...
  10. R

Been looking at the continuum hitch as it seems to have some good features. Would love to know from any users how well it performs. Specifically, how effective is the weight transfer (especially with a long relatively long heavyish trailer), how effective is the sway control and is the overall...
  11. R

Connector / Cable / Wire Identification Thread

I think those are for the factory trailer brake controller control box. Of course…..I’ve been wrong before!
  12. R

EZ Connector

How did you mount the connector on the truck side? Did you put it in the location of the existing 7 pin connector or somewhere else? Thanks
  13. R

EZ Connector

Has anyone used the magnetic EZ Connector to replace the 7 pin plug and trailer harness? It seems like an interesting idea but would love to hear from some real world experiences before making a decision. https://ezconnector.com/
  14. R

To sway bar or not to sway bar….that is the question!

Thank you for the info. For those who have removed the sway bar, do any of you pull a moderately heavy bumper pull? I have an 10,500 lb bumper pull and wondered if there would be any significantly undesirable handling characteristics with the sway bar removed.
  15. R

To sway bar or not to sway bar….that is the question!

I have read lots of posts from people who have spent good money to replace the front sway bar on the Ram 2500 and it brings up a question or two. Is the front sway bar really necessary? Under what conditions does it help? If replacing it with a “less stiff” sway bar makes a significant...
  16. R

** SOLD** 2021 Ram 2500 Factory Wheels and Tires- $900

4 ea 18” Factory Wheels/Tires from 2021 Ram 2500 with 275/70-R18 Firestone Transforce HT tires. Tires have 50% tread (10/32” tread depth). Wheels come with factory TPMS sensors but no lug nuts. Wheels are like new and there is not a scratch on them. Local pickup only (located just west of...
  17. R

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Checked the update web site last night and it said I was on the latest version (25.13). Came home a view minutes ago and it updated to 25.17. Now we see how many bugs were fixed and how many were created in the new update.
  18. R

Air Suspension Ride Height

Perfect. Thank you for your help.
  19. R

Just. to clarify, I do not have air bags but air springs (replaced the steel springs) so I am similar to the factory air suspension which is why I am looking for the ride height for the factory air setup.
  20. R

I’m starting with empty at this stage. Thanks