Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Squinko

Check Trailer Wiring Warning

I ran the new wires to the brakes today. I pulled the old wires (less than an year old) out of the axle tube and found two different spots on the wires where they had rubbed through the plastic. So it seems that was my problem I couldn't see. Took for a drive and so far so good. No errors...
  2. Squinko

I am going to have to run the new wires. Thanks for the suggestions. I was wandering how I could ever get it through the inside of the axle. While checking the wires inside the hubs, I noticed I lost a seal on one axle. There was axle grease caked all over the break drum and break parts...
  3. Squinko

Just did about 800 miles with the new plug on. It worked for a while but now it's back. I think it is a loose, cut wire somewhere in the axle tube or brakes. When I get under there and move the wire around it works great for awhile. But as soon as I get on a rough patch of freeway it starts...
  4. Squinko

I changed to plug out. Now to tow it for awhile. Hope this fixed it. Thanks for the info.
  5. Squinko

I have the same issue many of you have had. On one of my trailers a warning of "Check trailer wiring" pops up intermittently while towing. Everything is working fine and it only does it on the one trailer. After doing a ton of research on here about how to fix it, it seems maybe my trailer...
  6. Squinko

New 2500!

Took possession of my 2022 Ram 2500 Diesel Big Horn yesterday. First diesel truck for me. Only had a diesel in a motorhome I used to have. Lot to learn and this site has been very helpful. Sorry in advance if I ask too many newbie questions :). Yes I will use the search feature first :)