Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

Dealer Damaged my Cab While Replacing Body Mount...What should I be asking for? Pictures Attached

Frist, let me say that my servicing dealer is great. Yesterday they were replacing a cab mount (tech said it was first he'd done) and while lifting the cab to do the replacement, bent the pinch weld areas on both driver and passenger side. Truck is '21 CC Standard Box Cummins HO Limited Longhorn...
  2. R

Kudos to RamCares!

I've posted before about loving everything about my truck (see sig) except the Navigation system. Driving directions were often inaccurate and I never felt I could trust the system. Although my dealer is good, inaccurate directions is a subjective thing and difficult for them to replicate. A few...
  3. R

2021 3500 Aisin Occasional Hard Shift When Towing

Just returned from a 4800 mile trip down south pulling our 12,000 lb fifth wheel. We did the same trip last year. This year there were about a half dozen times where there was a very noticeable hard shift / clunk while towing. I'm not able to reproduce the hard shift and they seemed to happen...
  4. R

Left License Plate Lamp Fell Out - Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Noticed this (see photo below) while shoveling snow this morning. The temperature has been cold the last few days and was -10* F this am although the truck stays in the garage. In the second photo I've circled where the plastic broke from its mount behind the bumper. I was going to run it to the...
  5. R

Oil level reads high on dipstick

I purchased my truck new and have done 2 oil changes myself. In both cases I drained on a level surface (my garage floor - very slight slant towards rear of truck) and let it drain to a slow drip. 12 quarts of oil were then added. Each time resulted in the dipstick reading high as shown in the...
  6. R

3500 Hood Liner (Insulation) Sags in The Center

My hood liner (RAM calls it Insulation Pad) is sagging in the center closest to the windshield. That section of the hood liner is held in place by 3 tabs that slide into slots in the hood. The center tab no longer stays in the slot, and it allows that part of the hood liner to sag down. I'm...
  7. R

Is this sidewall cut a problem?

Factory Firestones with 17k miles on them. I noticed this the other day while doing some Spring cleaning of wheels. I'd really rather not replace tires right now, but I also want to be safe as we tow a 35 foot 5th wheel and the last thing I want is a blowout. It may be difficult to tell from the...
  8. R

2021 Rear Fuel Filter Cover Cracked

Did my first fuel filter replacement the other day. I'm not even an engineer and I can think of a couple different ways RAM could have done this to avoid a diesel bath. Anyway, that's not the point of my question. When I removed the filter from the bottom cover, I noticed one of the plastic...
  9. R

Excessive Front Tire Wear...Does Warranty Cover Items Like This?

I've got 7,700 miles on my '21 3500 and just noticed the outside of each front tire are wearing excessively. No cupping - just wear that would appear to be alignment related. No pot holes, accidents, etc. While I believe that possibly the alignment was off from the factory, I can also see that...
  10. R

Power Service Users - How do you measure when fueling up?

I like using Power Service and have been adding approximately 4 oz per 10 gallons. Measuring and pouring is a hassle for me with the flapper we have in the fuel filler. Is there a convenient way any of you have found to both measure and pour in prior to fueling? I realize there are many...
  11. R

Anyone getting rock chips on the hood leading edge?

When I purchased my 2015 1500 I figured job one would be some kind of protection for the hood leading edge. The design of the grill / hood seemed like rock chips waiting to happen. Fast forward 6 years when I traded it, there was not a single chip on the hood leading edge and I had never done...
  12. R

Only 1 complaint on my '21 3500....the NAV is unbelievably inaccurate

Title says it all...I've had OEM NAV systems in all my cars for many years. RAM takes the cake with this one. Speed limits are incorrect on many streets and today navigation took me on a 16 mile joy ride. Rather than have me exit off the freeway closest to my destination, it had me go to the...
  13. R

Cab Cover for Indoor Storage

My 3500 crew cab spends part of the Summer in indoor storage. Its somewhat dusty and I'd to cover it. A full truck cover is a little clumsy to deal with and I'm thinking a cab-only cover would do the trick. Anyone using one that they'd recommend?
  14. R

For those who bought a used TT or 5th Wheel - did you do a pre-purchase inspection?

Sorry...not sure if this is the right place for this question. We're buying a used 2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS. Wondering how important it is to get a pre-purchase inspection? Its out of state so all I've seen this far is photos and conversations with the owner (original). Older...
  15. R

Hitch Receiver Sleeve - Should My New 3500 Have Come With One?

I've read where others may have received a sleeve for the larger receiver on our new trucks. I looked around under the back seats, but found nothing. Nothing in glove boxes either. Is there a certain place RAM stashes the sleeve at the factory?
  16. R

Excessive Engine Fan Roar when AC is on

Have 540 miles on my new 3500 (see sig) and ran the AC for the first time today. The fan roar from the engine compartment is very noticeable - to the point that my wife and I had to talk louder while we were driving through town. Hoping that someone will tell me that this is not normal....
  17. R

Is this 5th wheel too much for my 3500 SRW?

My '21 3500 CC standard box SRW has a sticker payload of 3617 lbs. Engine is 6.7 HO. We're looking at a VanLeigh 320GK. Specs are below. We really like the trailer and it meets many of our wants including a length of 35' or less. On the other side, I want something that tows and handles well as...
  18. R

My '21 6.7 HO Sounds Like Spark Knock or Pinging

As the title says, sounds like pinging or spark knock under moderate acceleration. You'd almost think it was a gas engine. Truck has 200 miles on it and its done it since I took delivery a few weeks ago. Its my first Cummins. Is this a characteristic of the 6.7?
  19. R

Stiff Brake Pedal on My '21 3500

My question may be premature as I only have around 110 miles on the truck, but I have to press the brake pedal noticeably harder to stop than I have on other trucks that I've owned. That said my recent trucks have all been 1500's. Is this just a characteristic of RAM HD's?
  20. R

AlfaOBD and other Scan Tools - Bypass cable needed if just monitoring values?

Let me apologize up front if this has been discussed before. There is so much AlfaOBD information here and on other sites that I easily could have missed it while searching. My question....My 2021 3500 has the rear air suspension option and I want to monitor output from each of the two rear...