Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

New Ram HD & I want to protect my heater core as best that I can - Zerex HD Extended Life better than MOPAR coolant?

Looks to me like its OAT based..... https://www.trpparts.com/media-center/2020/trp-extended-life-coolant As posted above, can you back up your 'OAT coolant is junk' statement?
  2. R

New Ram HD & I want to protect my heater core as best that I can - Zerex HD Extended Life better than MOPAR coolant?

Dexcool has always been controversial, and I'm not sure if it was a poor product to begin with, or if GM did not do their homework on preparing their engines (e.g. intake manifold gaskets) to coexist with Dexcool. 3 years ago I bought a 2002 Corvette from the original owner that still had...
  3. R

Dealer Damaged my Cab While Replacing Body Mount...What should I be asking for? Pictures Attached

I was hearing the noise anytime fuel was not full and it was dry outside. I would not hear it when it was raining or when our 5th wheel was attached. When the repair was done in December to the truck, they had to remove the bed. When they reinstalled the bed they forgot to attach the fuel / DEF...
  4. R

3500 SRW suspension

I did and I too noticed some statements in the description doc that seemed to bleed over into the 1500 system (which I had on my previous RAM). Here is the section on filling the system.
  5. R

3500 SRW suspension

As in many of your posts, you somehow always know more than other members, the factory, and possibly Engineers. I uploaded RAM documentation - and while I understand it could be incorrect I'll ask the same courtesy from you. Please backup your statements with official documentation. If you're...
  6. R

3500 SRW suspension

I'm in no position to argue, but the RAM Service Manual document I uploaded in my earlier post clearly states that the 3500 is a closed system.
  7. R

3500 SRW suspension

You can't do a full dump unless you deliberately go through the process of drain and refill again with nitrogen. There is a minimum retention pressure that stays in the system. Yes. I purchased a 3 day subscription from Tech Authority. I attached the section describing how the system works...
  8. R

3500 SRW suspension

I don't think its even possible to release all the pressure from the bags outside of physically opening up the pressure lines. It's a closed nitrogen filled system and I'd be surprised if RAM would allow a full dump of the bags.
  9. R

3500 SRW suspension

In spite of the cold I couldn't wait and did some playing today. At this point I'm feeling like I hit the jackpot. I've only put on about 10 miles but there is a definite difference. In my opinion, this truck now rivals the GM HD trucks, which I believe have the best ride of the big 3 (although...
  10. R

3500 SRW suspension

The local dealer had a loaded Laramie 3500 CC SB SRW with air suspension so I went over and looked at it today. Both bags were relatively firm and overload rubber cushions were about 5/8" away from the lighter springs. After that I went home and using a floor jack lifting the hitch receiver on...
  11. R

3500 SRW suspension

I may play around with this tomorrow. When you say 1/2" are you referring to the frontmost cushions vs rears? On my truck the rear cushions on the overloads definitely touch before the front cushions. Its been a few years since I posted my experiences. I had hoped that by this time I'd have...
  12. R

3500 SRW suspension

AH64ID....thanks for the info. This is a perfect time for me to do some checking as I just filled with fuel. Mine is Crew Cab Standard Box...everything factory including stock 20" wheels and tires. No Rambox. Crawled under the truck this evening and saw the following. I have 1/2 full def and...
  13. R

3500 SRW suspension

Thats a great video for sure! My thinking is that you're riding on air because of the load you have in your truck, but hey, that's just my opinion. I'd be more than happy to be corrected by an engineer from RAM. Thanks much for taking time to put the video together!
  14. R

3500 SRW suspension

I started a thread on this back when I purchased my '21 (link below). My experience and understanding of the air suspension aligns with what BilletWilson is saying. Others who participated in that thread seemed to see the same. The thought is that when the truck is empty, the rear of the truck...
  15. R

3500 SRW suspension

For the 3500's, air suspension and rear tire pressure both play big parts in ride quality. When I test drove 3500's I always asked the sales person if I could drive alone. I carried a tire pressure gauge with me and after a few blocks I pulled over and aired down the rears to 35 lbs. Driving an...
  16. R

Dealer Damaged my Cab While Replacing Body Mount...What should I be asking for? Pictures Attached

Thats an interesting thought for sure. I've noticed that mine does not make the noise when the fuel tank is full, or when our 5th wheel (2800 lbs pin weight) is connected to the truck. My solution now for the noise is to fill the fuel tank more often and take more RV trips. :)
  17. R

My whole fiasco started with replacing a body mount that was believed to be causing the noise I was experiencing. After all this I still have the noise. I've just decided to live with it.
  18. R

Ram Connect subscription expires today

My thoughts exactly!
  19. R

Just to close this out, I picked up my repaired truck yesterday and the repair shop (Luther Collision, Plymouth MN) did a fantastic job. I'm very pleased with how they did the repair - pulling out the damage vs cutting and replace, and they also did a minimal amount of paint work. It pays to...
  20. R

'21 3500 Rear Air Suspension - Smoooth Ride!

Interesting solution for sure. So basically you substituted some of the Carli springs in place of one of the overloads. Is that correct? Two questions... 1. Did you notice any difference in a steady ride where there are no larger bumps? I ask because it appears that you added to the main spring...