Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Redfour5

New ZF transmissions on the horizon?

It is a very interesting time... I posted this another place after research and a similar question... I'm a gas guy also... Speaking to the 6.4 hemi and any new gas ICE (internal combustion engine) version like a souped up six banger or adapted Cummins 6.7, who knows? ZF can't sit on their...
  2. Redfour5

Weather gas price stuff won't work

I frankly living in MT use my weather and gas price stuff on my OLD uconnect on my Cherokee and Renegade all the time... After about two weeks, it quit working has multiple messages as to why like cannot connect or blank screen... How do I fix it. I know the system has updated a couple of times...
  3. Redfour5

Ram 2500's still gen 4.5 while 1500's looking at gen 5.5+

https://www.motor1.com/news/681874/redesigned-ram-1500-q1-2024-launch/ Well some day or rather year, they will update the HD's...maybe...
  4. Redfour5

Ram better come out with a a FULL fifth gen HD soon

Ram can't sell trucks right now. Now everyone is sucking for air, but Ram seems to be the hardest hit. You want a 1500, they will practically give it to you but then the interest rates will eat you alive representing a couple hundred bucks more than two years ago with 2.5 times the interest...
  5. Redfour5

Great Deal Tradesman 44K (60K MSRP) MANUAL 4WD system

https://www.gengraschryslerdodgejeep.net/new/Ram/2022-Ram-2500-580bcf640a0e0a9436a5be1829d190dc.htm Can't say how long it will be there, but this looks like a bit of a unicorn. For a Tradesman, it's a crew cab Billet Silver 6.4 Hemi and it has the 7 inch TFT, spray in bedliner, 8.4 with Nav...
  6. Redfour5

Best deals Ram 3500 Hemis

I do searches on Cargurus just for the heck of it around various Hemi Builds. I looked at Ram 3500's Hemi's to see what was out there. IF you are doing searches, I recommend doing this. One is pull up the monroney by VIN number. You can do that here...
  7. Redfour5

Overlanding budget options

Well, sort of looking over overlanding approaches including a hard shell tent but then see that unless you spend a fortune for a closed up shell on the back that you can put the tent on, you are going to have to leave the bed wide open with all your stuff in the bed for people to oogle and...
  8. Redfour5

Leveling kits on 6.4 Hemis

I'm considering this and was leaning toward Carli over Thuren with the coil springs and fox shocks and trackbar but then I'm like reading the Carli stuff and it seems so diesel focused that is almost seems like they don't even necessarily recommend it for anything other. Anyone with any...
  9. Redfour5

Any rumors on January Incentives for 22 trucks?

I've been looking and have done this in previous years. Ram is really pushing incentives of various types on 22 1500's... I am looking at a 22 Hemi Longhorn that I have already gotten down from MSRP 85,600 to around 77K. I want more... It's been sitting on the lot since June as in that...
  10. Redfour5

Best "VALUE" 2500 in US at this moment (Hemi)

I looked at this as far back as March but ended up buying one closer to me in a Laramie with a similar feature set in Idaho. It is a pretty well set up for towing (Tech/tow Package) Big Horn This has been on their lot since like January and I believe was built in December 2021 or earlier. I'm...
  11. Redfour5

Towing Roar Uphill

Anyone else notice this...feature? This only happens when I'm going up a mountain/steep grade and only at a certain point. It may be the fan, I do not see any particular stresses occurring per the guages but at a certain point, as the grade goes up I get this "roar" that continues until you...
  12. Redfour5

Price on mine up $5,505 MSRP since early March

I had been watching pricing since around November before pulling the trigger in early March. I just "built" mine again on the Ram website and it is up xxxxx. Mine in early March was MSRP'd at 63,600. The same unit built on the Ram site now is $69105...
  13. Redfour5

Hellcat Oil pump addressing Hemi tick lifter issues low idle problem

This guy with an 11 year background as a high level tech having gone to their "University" thinks he has figured it out. It's not pressure as such that is the problem, but VOLUME at low pressure that is a primary cause. This is the video that explains his thesis, watch at 10 minutes to cut to...
  14. Redfour5

6.4 hemi 3.73 3K payload 15K total ZF 5th wheel 8500 dry weight under 12K loaded 1250 lbs dry tongue weight...

What do you think? Truck will do 5K miles towing each year in mountains and 3500 K transfer station, light off roading, mostly Nat Forest roads, grocery runs.
  15. Redfour5

Console/5 passenger trend

Being retired, and having too much time on my hands, I look at least every couple of days and have done so for a couple of years starting with 1500's. After getting a console model in my 2015, it became a requirement for me. Back in 2013 my first 1500 quad cab 3.55, 5.7, I had the bench seats...
  16. Redfour5

Dealer "Lot" Orders for 10 getting priority???

I decided to NOT order one after reading the thread here on orders and pricing. So, being retired, I was willing to drive to pick one up. I found two dealers with 2500's I was wanting and noted they had a bunch with identical trims and items. In speaking with both dealers about potential deals I...
  17. Redfour5

Prices going up! example...

This is a window sticker/Monroney from a 2500 Laramie EXACTLY like mine...at the same dealer I got mine from. https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?_ga=2.16268223.827232781.1647187481-807384614.1647187481&vin=3C6UR5FJ8NG229072 I picked mine up on Thursday last...
  18. Redfour5

Auto Ranch Ontario Oregon Great Dealership

This dealership is awesome. NO BS, down to earth, price you see online (MSRP) less 1,000 is what you get. Sales/Finance manager is NOT a high pressure dude. Sales guy was knowledeable but not intrusive. They also do better than others on trade in by a couple K vs KBB and give you 1K if you trade...