Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Redfour5

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

I have mine for peace of mind pulling my travel trailer in the 10K range miles every year vs a 1500 which can technically pull the trailer. It is much more relaxing than a 1500. No more white knuckle days or the requirement for some kind of shoulder massage... Oh it's great for hauling...
  2. Redfour5

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

There's a website called Fuelly https://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/2500/2022 If you look at the profiles you might be able to filter it down to octane I'm not sure. Bottom line the average is in the 12/14 range overall... Some people in their profiles will note fuel they use as I remember.
  3. Redfour5

Did RamTrucks.com remove the VIN lookup tool?

It comes and goes. The only thing I can figure is that with the SAE standards having a dynamic quality to them, that can change what the numbers are when, for example there is an update in the standards, or a clarification is provided by the SAE. I'm surprised there isn't some kind of disclaimer...
  4. Redfour5

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

I traded a 2021 1500 because I also felt that way. Fortunately this when used were still berzerk on pricing. Between the original 2015 I traded in for the 2021, and the 2021, I still was ahead but less than 10K.
  5. Redfour5

Took delivery in 23 as new? I gotta killer deal on a 2018 daily driver Renegade in May 2019.
  6. Redfour5

I took delivery Feb 2022 and am right at 19K miles with right at 9500 miles towing my 6700 lb 800 tongue weight 29 foot travel trailer. I've used 87 octane when daily driving it which mostly consists of big grocery runs, transfer station duty and some couple hundred mile day trips, light off...
  7. Redfour5

Towing with new 6.4L

Oh, that's right missed that. A One time trip like that carefully done, makes sense instead of spending a thousand bucks...
  8. Redfour5

Towing with new 6.4L

Never heard of a 37 footer that light.
  9. Redfour5

The Other Vehicle

I do have one regret and that is not buying the 2004 Turbo Forester. I didn't have as much money back then was towing a small pop up camper and had a choice between a standard NA Forester and the Turbo five speed. 04 was the ONLY year they used a detuned STi engine in them. 05 forward, they...
  10. Redfour5

I've had mine since like March 2022. It is NOT a daily driver but has the Off Road package and mostly is dedicated to light off roading (National Forest), trip towing and transfer station duty. These things are a beast to park in town. So, I'm averaging right at 17K miles in 18 months with...
  11. Redfour5

2022 2500 68rfe failure p2701 code

Engineer or highly skilled mechanic alert!
  12. Redfour5

Are the current RAM Beds Dustproof and Waterproof?

But where will the dog sit?
  13. Redfour5

Uconnect 5 8.4 in 2018 ram 3500 diesel

With the 8.4 screen, the trucks have manual analog dials for climate control. It is one of the reasons I prefer the 8.4 over the 12 inch screen being old school. The only ones with the electronic climate control are the 12 inch units because there is no room for analog type controls. I presume...
  14. Redfour5

New ZF transmissions on the horizon?

I had forgotten that so the 5.0 under the skin changes were complete. I had had a 1500 with the 8 speed since 2015 and assumed they had put it on the HD's at the same time. My 2013 1500 had the six speed which was not a bad tranny at all. More visceral and fun in some ways like passing on a two...
  15. Redfour5

I didn't realize that about the Powerline.
  16. Redfour5

It is a very interesting time... I posted this another place after research and a similar question... I'm a gas guy also... Speaking to the 6.4 hemi and any new gas ICE (internal combustion engine) version like a souped up six banger or adapted Cummins 6.7, who knows? ZF can't sit on their...
  17. Redfour5

Are the current RAM Beds Dustproof and Waterproof?

I got a cheap tonneau cover on Amazon of the "folding type" and it doesn't leak and took about 45 minutes to install. It has turned out great. Dust? Sorry, good luck as you cannot totally stop dust, just get over it. I've seen people obsess about that and get the most expensive tonneau systems...
  18. Redfour5

The Other Vehicle

Nope, it is a real 4WD on a renegade...with the different driving modes not like most AWD "cars." And we quit buying Subaru's because they went CVT... We'd had five over the years. I was ambivalent about the "modes" when I got it. MPG and good 4WD are essentials in MT. Once I got it and get 7...
  19. Redfour5

The Other Vehicle

My daily driver is th red hot chili pepper. Its 22 mpg and the ability to turn on a dime, haul dogs AND do some light off roading makes it my daily go to. I bought an 18 in May 2019 and they gave me a great deal. It had bells and whistles (8.4 screen/tow package/winter package) and I got for...