Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Gondul

48K Air Filter & Maintenance

Doing the usual 8K-ish service. Will be sending off a sample of the oil to Blackstone to see what it says. Picked up a Purolator PL12222 as AMSoil was out of the WIX oil filters. Also changing out the air filter as it has been 30K or so. Showed up a little damaged, but seemed otherwise...
  2. Gondul

Bulletpoint Mounting Sale Mar 16-17 Only

Matte Color Carbon Fiber Mounting Arms are marked down on the site! PLUS! Save an additional 10% with coupon code "RainbowRoad10". Valid on orders between March 16 - March 17.
  3. Gondul

Re-aligning rear track bar

So... as you intrepid readers may recall, I snapped one of the track bar mounting bolts. While waiting for the parts to arrive, I went ahead and put the front/rear up on jack stands to do the shocks and start working on the front. Well the bolts arrived and crawled under the truck to throw the...
  4. Gondul

Part number

Anyone have a part number to an OEM rear track bar mounting bolt? 10.9, 20mm, about 6" long... my google fu currently sucks Or link to just but one... thanks
  5. Gondul

No blower after car wash

Yes, car washes bad... now, so as the title states... I can hear something behind the dash, but it takes a bit of driving before anything starts coming out of the vents. There's no water in the truck, there's no water in the cabin filter... where do the drains come out for the cowl? Aside from...
  6. Gondul

Installing parts

So, I have following component I've bought for the truck and plan on installing them myself. Pretty sure I have all the tools I need (I think I need a crow's foot) and I have the time (all hand tools) to get this all installed. I don't have a lift, but I do have stands to get it off the ground...
  7. Gondul

Aftermarket Bumper

Still in the preliminary stages of looking, but FFS... are there any non-Mad Max looking front bumpers out there I'm just not finding? Just want a bumper that's a bit more substantial than OEM. Don't need a winch... don't need a 10ft wide light bar... don't need a 'brush guard'... just a...
  8. Gondul

Diff service

So finally did the front/rear diff... smidge under 32K, (31986.0 to be exact) some towing but nothing really heavy. Front is as much of pain as I remember, did they really need to ugga-dugga those 10mm bolts? Rear fluid a light caramel color, front was much clearer...some metal on the rear...
  9. Gondul

4600 vs 5100 front shocks

So I'm finding bits of info here/there scattered on numerous threads... There is no difference in body diameter (1.95") or the rod (14mm) and what appears to me to be a minimal difference in the lengths and travel as indicated below). I'm seeing multiple posts on different forums on folks...
  10. Gondul

Suspension set up for towing

Looking to upgrade/improve the suspension for towing and ride quality (yeah, I know, they may be mutually exclusive), not looking to lift/level or anything but I will likely be getting some 35s (fwiw). As a point of reference, we are looking at travel trailers with no more than a 10k GVWR, so...
  11. Gondul

Wheel Balancers

Once the OEM tires die, I'd like to change out the wheels as well and not being inexpensive, I'd rather not stick weights on them. I see folks go for bead balancers to varying degrees of success (so many difference kinds claiming to be the best). Has anyone seen/used these? Apparently they've...
  12. Gondul

20" OEM wheel weight

My google-fu is apparently sucking wind... searching online or here I'm not getting much... Anyone know the weight on the OEM 20" wheels? At some point I think I'd like to change them out but would rather not increase unsprung weight
  13. Gondul

Oil TSB

Not new, but didn't see it in there...added to TSB thread.... https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tsbs.3028/post-57275
  14. Gondul

(article)What Is Hemi MDS?

What Is Hemi MDS?
  15. Gondul

Chipped Screen

So.. no effing idea how the hell I managed it, but there is a itty-bitty chip on my screen. Not super noticeable, but now that I know it is there, I can't not see it.. :( Any products out there to fill in the chip? And yeah... just purchased a screen protector...
  16. Gondul

AMP step under steps

A 'local-ish' shop where I got my cap fabbed this up for a customer... https://fb.watch/2IKOVyXy_4/
  17. Gondul

TPMS Service Bulletin

Pulled off of a FB group... It appears that FCA has released a service bulletin acknowledging the issue with TPMS and the HD's. The number is RRT 20-095. Good luck in finding it online yet. The fix is to a software upgrade and the new sensors. On my invoice I see only a concern code of...
  18. Gondul

Wheel/Tire Size and gearing online resources

Bored cruising the internet and found this site which may be useful for folks looking at tire/rims compared to OEM. If the link is right, it should show the stock set up on the left and the custom on the right... keeping the same tire and going to a wheel with +18 offset creates positive scrub...
  19. Gondul

Track Bar

So, perusing other places like you do and I see a good amount of comments on how the track bar is really a piece of crap and should be considered a 'wear item' and replaced at 20K or so... This being my first RAM and first HD truck I take many of these statements with a grain of salt...
  20. Gondul

Tuner

I vaguely remember someone talking about a Tuner... looking through another forum these folks are doing tuners for the 2019/20 6.4. https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/