Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Gondul

New guy to the 6.4 universe

2019 6.4 with 3.77 and tow a 32' TT 9000# (ish)... The only time I use tow/haul is when I'm getting it rolling or I'm stuck on surface roads. Once I hit the highway, I turn it off and lock out 8th gear. She'll run in 7th or 6th most of time... if it seems like it's hunting, I'll lock out 6th...
  2. Gondul

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

Just got back from a trip... towed the trailer 1200 miles or so from central FL to southern MS. Ran about 65mph... based on the Fuelly data, 7.77 on the way out, 7.87 on the way back so I'm calling it 8.
  3. Gondul

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

Finally went back to Discount Tire to have the beads removed and tires balanced... Good-bye 'magic fingers', hello smooth riding... It's great not having the entire truck shake/shimmy down the road.
  4. Gondul

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

Not bad... funny how some trucks seem to do better than others. I got just over 16 on one trip from Flori-duh up to SC...that was 100% doing the speed limit.
  5. Gondul

TTPMS

It is in this thread on the first page... you will likely need to buy everything if you don't have TTPMS from the factory (I had to purchase everything) https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer-solved-see-1st-post-aka-ttpms-trailer-tpms.232/
  6. Gondul

TransferFlow Replacement Tank for Hemi

You can go back a page or two for more info but basically, they are will working on it....
  7. Gondul

Not according to their website... Sidekick 15 gallon Tank
  8. Gondul

That's on par with all their other offerings... Titan makes their tanks out of plastic so it would be cheaper but they already told us to go pound sand. There's just no great option for gasser... either carry 5gal jugs, get a 'side kick' that hold 15gals, or get an in bed tank and lose a chunk...
  9. Gondul

They sent out a Survey in August of last year due to the high volume of interest in a tank for the gassers. Are you saying they told you they just started working on this? Otherwise this is is all pretty much known information that was provided in the email they sent.
  10. Gondul

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

I'll hazard a guess your 'better' economy doesn't offset the higher cost of the 89...
  11. Gondul

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

As @Big Baloo mentioned, not really hard, just tedious... take your time and go slow and the headliner shouldn't be too horrible.
  12. Gondul

Are there more 6.4's on the road now?

Or maybe people realizing they don't need a 6.7? I certainly don't need it for what I'm towing.
  13. Gondul

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

I ran 87 for 4 months and then 89 for 4 months doing the same as you... zero difference in mileage.
  14. Gondul

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

I had been running WIX XP on the last several changes, but was unable to get a hold of any this time around I picked up a PurolatorBOSS. Not currently interested in extended drains but something to consider for the future if it continues to look good.
  15. Gondul

6.4L towing MPG?

I use T/H to get up and going but once on the highway I turn it off and just lock out 8th, I never shift into that unless it's downhill. If it sounds like it is hunting too much between 6/7 I'll lock out 7th as well. I'll get 15, maybe 16 if I'm lucky unloaded...and that's doing the speed...
  16. Gondul

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

I have Anthem wheels with the Cooper AT3 XLTs (285/65R20) and put 6.5 oz of beads (which is what was recommended) in each tire and I still get a wobble starting at about 50-55... some days worse than others. I've never had aftermarket wheels nor have I ever used beads... I'm about ready to go...
  17. Gondul

No GPS signal and no cellular signal on uconnect 12inch 2019

Zero issues with AA or my XM... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  18. Gondul

How to override the navigation keyboard

I guess I don't understand why people keep trying to use the Baked in Nav. It is the biggest piece of crap from any manufacturer AA or CarPLay are significantly better... and you can download maps for off line use if that is a concern.
  19. Gondul

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Someone (somewhere) had posted a OA of unused AMSoil, I thought I had saved it to use as a comparison but apparently not... ===================== UOA of AMSoil 0w-40 8,840 miles on the oil (driving back from WI so I indicator was definitely at 0%) 48,573 miles on truck at time of oil change...
  20. Gondul

spare tire size

Done to reduce cost likely. Essentially the same size.