Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. CharlieL

High oil level, Looking For Input

The oil does not have any diesel fuel smell. Agreed. I read in another thread that likely the monkey did not let all the oil drain, as that takes a while, and then added the full 12 quart amount, which would create an "overfill" situation. Didn't mean to hijack this thread!! Thanks for the info.
  2. CharlieL

Good point. Thanks.
  3. CharlieL

Thanks for the reply. No, I did not check the level after it was changed, which was at the dealer. I did not conduct a smell test. Will do that tomorrow.
  4. CharlieL

Through this thread & another about the same topic, I have learned of what seems a problem effecting my truck - it is making oil. And it looks to be alot! I am concerned. I checked the oil level the past two days, both times in the a.m. after the truck had set overnight on a level surface...
  5. CharlieL

Government Caught Cheating……..Oh the irony.

Do a google search for 65 FR 36987. The federal register page will take you to a proposed rule published 4/11 /2023 For “Petroleum Equivalent Fuel Economy Calculation.” I haven’t taken the time to read the whole thing, but knowing it is a proposed Rule, not an adopted rule means I won’t be...
  6. CharlieL

5th wheel weight

I pulled trailers for 20 years before deciding to move up to fifth wheel, there are many significant differences and we won't go back. I had decided to move up from a Ram 150 to a diesel 2500 before I was even aware of this forum, so didn't ever consider a 3500 and the payload differences. We...
  7. CharlieL

2024 2500 in Albuquerque

Welcome aboard from another ABQ Ram owner. You will find lots of good advice, info and some humor here. Jump in and enjoy.
  8. CharlieL

Need new truck tires to tow heavy Fifth Wheel

I recently replaced the original Transforce tires (20") at 34,500 miles with a set of Michelin Defender LTX. The ride is very noticeably improved. Stuck with OEM sized LT285/60 R20s, which are E1 load rated, 125 load index. I keep my tires at 65 psi, as from what I understand, an LT285/60R20...
  9. CharlieL

3500 continuous, rhythmic bounce on concrete highway

I have to agree it's the road. Back in 2010 I was driving my V8 2004 Dodge Dakota pulling a 21" travel trailer southbound on I-25 from northern CO border to home in Albuquerque. The truck had an aftermarket dual exhaust. The awful road and continuous harmonic bouncing actually broke a bracket...
  10. CharlieL

Terrible Towing pics thread

I figured those were half size truck replicas considering how the king pin on those trailers look to be much higher than the cab roof.
  11. CharlieL

Unusual Wear on factory tires

I have 34,000 on the original Transforce tires. At the moment they all are right at 7/32. Run them at 65 psi all around all the time. They've been rotated three times - at about 7,500, 18,000 & 30,000. I've towed our 10k 5'r 13,500 miles; the rest is about 60/40 city/hwy. I'm about to...
  12. CharlieL

New Delmonico Red Ram Rebel 2500 Cummins!

Great color choice, but I am a bit biased on that! Since my wife is rather vertically challenged, I had to have a running board installed. That was done by the dealer before I picked it up. Have the ReTrax on mine.
  13. CharlieL

What is this Doohickey ?

Used to connect all wires that go into tailgate when tailgate is removed. Snaps into same place as connector from tailgate. Helps you not lose the wires and keeps the connectors free from dirt. Got to use it recently when my tailgate was taken off for repair work.
  14. CharlieL

Real World Towing MPG

I usually do 65 or 70 on the interstate. I’m pleased with the fuel mileage. Towing old 24 foot trailer with my 1500 Hemi I normally saw 8 to 9 mpg. Interesting was that the EVIC was pretty close to actual. This trip was not on flat terrain. I 25 from Albuquerque to Cheyenne has plenty of hills.
  15. CharlieL

Real World Towing MPG

My wife and I recently took a trip from home in Albuquerque to Rapid City, SD to visit family. Two overnight stops each way. The total trip was 1,937 miles with 1,803 towing our 29 foot fifth wheel. It is 9,000 GVWR, and when fully loaded is about 8,800 per the last CAT scale weigh. I have...
  16. CharlieL

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I recently debadged the tailgate - well, accidentally. So, while backing out of my garage I was rushed and got distracted. Put the truck in reverse too soon after the garage door started up. The handle on the very bottom of the garage door hit the top of the tailgate, both needing repair...
  17. CharlieL

Terrible Towing pics thread

That this occurred In Portland explains it all to me! Our oldest lives there & we've visited a few times. So, this one's not too surprising for me all things considered!
  18. CharlieL

Not something you want to see

Sad situation. Facebook pic data says July 15, 2023 - so recent. The fire department's post states "fire was extinguished and there were no injuries to passengers or firefighters to report. Cause of the fire was overheating." Ouch!
  19. CharlieL

How hot is to hot?

Did not know this. Most interesting.
  20. CharlieL

How hot is to hot?

From the OP's video, his dash looks alot like my 2022 2500, which happens to be at 29.5k miles. I'm certain my truck has oil temp; that is displayed on the accessory gauges as well as how I have my EVIC configured. I like having it in the EVIC to keep an eye on all temps. The OP's temps...