Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Scubaz66

RECALL: Ram Recalls Certain Trucks For Rear Camera Not Displaying!

Like the Mad Irish Man said.... Good Luck with Uconnect Updates..... My UConnect System is still buggy and it's a 2022. RAM is Building 2024 now.... LOL
  2. Scubaz66

LED Bulb vs Headlight Replacement

Thought I’d provide the members an insight to my new LED Headlights installed on a 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn. After much research I chose to install a set of Carifex LED’s. The company is continuously running specials on Low Beams/Hi Beams and other LED’s such as Fog Lights. I was a little...
  3. Scubaz66

Selectable Tire Pressure Monitoring System (STPMS)

Thanks for everyone who commented on my post! This is a great group of RAM Owners! Can always find answers to questions! Gonna try purchasing the equipment or locating someone who already has the equipment. I’m not really interested in making other changes. So having to pay $125-$150 for the...
  4. Scubaz66

Thanks a bunch Sir, but like you I'm not technically inclined to purchase a $100-$200 piece of electrical equipment and try change these settings. I've built a couple computers in my day and already know it doesn't take much to mess things up changing software. Its the only vehicle I own and...
  5. Scubaz66

Well, I know this information is formulated in your head, but my brain just doesn't calculate all these technical terms. I'm not a mechanic or electrical engineer and don't even know how to properly utilize a volt meter..... Nothotdog gave me a well written synopsis regarding changing the...
  6. Scubaz66

I agree!! Tires wear out and are replaced several times during the life of a vehicle. The Manufacturer Label placed on the truck when new only identifies tire pressures for the tires that the manufacturer placed on the vehicle when it came off the assembly line. Once a consumer changes or...
  7. Scubaz66

I use Apple IPhone 14 Pro Max
  8. Scubaz66

Thanks Brutal_HO. I've tried to get either of the two local dealers to make the changes for me, but they state they aren't allowed. I live in a pretty small town and haven't found someone who has the equipment and can do this. Can you lead me to the directions to turn this system off? Didn't...
  9. Scubaz66

Hey Jimmy! Good to hear from you again. You and I discussed this problem a few months ago. You gave me a VERY GOOD synopsis regarding the 20% difference between actual tire pressure and what the cluster states that causes the notification amber Low Tire Pressure to register. Because I don't...
  10. Scubaz66

Yeah It's getting ridiculous! $60-$90+K for a truck and a boat load of problems. My 2004 Avalanche had a check engine light one time. Loose Fuel Cap. Other than that 180K miles error free and it's still on the road.
  11. Scubaz66

Now I understand why my truck arrived from the factory with 90psi in all the tires. Over the almost two years I've owned the truck I can't run with anything less than 60psi front and 65psi rear. Anything below those psi will invoke the TPMS to identify low tire pressure causing the...
  12. Scubaz66

Just received notification RAM has issued another recall on my 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn 6.4 Hemi. NHTSA #23V-654 Compatibility Problem Between the Infotainment and the Rear Backup Camera. A software incompatibility between the vehicle’s radio and backup camera means the camera image might not...
  13. Scubaz66

Thanks for the explanation regarding the difference in Halogen vs LED's. Like many of the posters have stated, the factory halogens used by the factory today are not much better than the old sealed beams of the 70's. I live in the country and seldom drive on interstates, mostly 2 lane 35-...
  14. Scubaz66

Did these fit directly into the stock factory housing without any modifications? Did you have to purchase separate CANBUS wiring ? Year, Make, Model of your RAM?
  15. Scubaz66

Can you provide me a link to the LED's you purchased?
  16. Scubaz66

I like what you have to say regarding the Factory Halogens being replaced with LED's. The Factory Halogens are absolutely dangerous on any two lane road at night. I'm surprised the Government allows these cheap bulbs to be used, but then again I understand our Government. Can you provide me a...
  17. Scubaz66

Isn't that the truth!! Unfortunately it doesn't make the Amber Tire Light go out on the dash..... lol
  18. Scubaz66

Again thanks Jimmy! I now understand the difference between the two systems. However, you would think the engineers would not have allowed any settings below the threshold of 60 Front and 65 Rear. Since I can't currently get into my STPMS I'm not sure the lowest setting available. Seems I...
  19. Scubaz66

Almost 2 years. I'm still under warranty. Just got off the phone with the Service Department and they mentioned the possibility of a circuit drain in the system. I did notice the batteries seem to be weak when I started the system. UPDATE! Dealership had to replace the battery at 20 months...
  20. Scubaz66

Thanks Jimmy! The 20% threshold makes sense, so its the ambient air temperature during the overnight hours that's causing the system to trigger Low Air Pressure. I'm surprised I was able to go a year without this happening because as we know ambient air pressures change throughout the seasons...