Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. AH64ID

Correct shocks for 3500 dually rear air auto leveling

One of the last few reasons I still want to lift the front is the ability to run 5160’s, but alas I doubt I lift it anytime in the mid to distant future.
  2. AH64ID

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

If I had a manual transfer case I’d want a manual CAD switch to leave it locked on all the back roads for quicker in and out of 4wd.
  3. AH64ID

Correct shocks for 3500 dually rear air auto leveling

Bilstien only advertises a 4600 for the rear of the auto-level trucks for 19+. No rear shocks for 15-18 auto-level. They don’t differentiate between SRW and DRW...
  4. AH64ID

2023, 3500 drw tire rotation...

Try showing them the owners manual??
  5. AH64ID

22 Cummins Tune Install

It’s a tune loader/monitor from MADS. Most often it has custom UDC Pro tunes on it, but can be used with other platforms.
  6. AH64ID

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

I’m not the biggest fan of knob shifters, but that’s really not much different than what we have now. What I really want back is a manual transfer case lever. I shift in and out of 4wd all the time on dirt roads and find the electronic transfer case annoying and slow, I also don’t trust it’ll...
  7. AH64ID

22 6.7 “making oil”

Leave the truck parked overnight at the dealership on level ground. In the morning document the oil level. Drive the truck until it’s warm. Have them change the oil, and get you a sample part way thru the drain. Ask them to drain the oil for the full 30 minutes recommended. Leave the truck...
  8. AH64ID

22 6.7 “making oil”

Pic?
  9. AH64ID

Frequent Active Regen fix

Definitely lower than where I generally tow.
  10. AH64ID

Frequent Active Regen fix

My HO doesn’t ever seem to peg the gauge and stay there, even towing up a grade at or near WOT. It backs down to ~33 psi. The 2019 press release info on the CGI HO stated 33 psi of boost, and the 21 press release info said more boost so 35 seems appropriate. I wonder if elevation plays a...
  11. AH64ID

Factory airbag suspension and overhead campers

22K lbs is GCWR, and mostly marketing as it is not easy to obtain real world. It also has nothing to do with what you’re trying to do. You have the worst HD truck for a big slide-in and need to supplement the auto-level with aftermarket airbags and a larger rear anti-sway bar. The auto-level...
  12. AH64ID

Added a Winch, 2024 3500 6.7 Cummins

Nice, looking forward to seeing the final product. No I don’t have it on all the time, only when I might need it. It doesn’t appear to have any effect on airflow or temps empty or towing. I have a CTS3 and monitor air temps with that. The position of the basket does cover some of the bumper...
  13. AH64ID

Higher than RAWR, but I’ve never seen a published number. Bags of that size are often good for 7,500lbs combined, but I don’t think the system will run them with enough air for that.
  14. AH64ID

How much Jeep is in our trucks?

Lug nuts are the same, but that’s really all I’ve seen in common between my Ram and the wife’s Gladiator hardware wise.
  15. AH64ID

Can't use bed lowering mode while driving, only norm or alt. I would use alt height loaded, but on the 2500 there aren’t any big advantages to it. I agree which the other comments, the Ram 2500 is not a good setup for a slide-in camper. I would upgrade the rear anti-sway bar and add aftermarket...
  16. AH64ID

Added a Winch, 2024 3500 6.7 Cummins

What about when the fan isn’t engaged? Which is most the time, even towing.
  17. AH64ID

Compression brake

The 6.7 pickups have come standard with an exhaust brake since they were introduced in 2007.5. It’s a function of the VGT turbo. Exhaust brakes work different that compression brakes, but the end result is similar.
  18. AH64ID

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

What’s the CPM breakdown?
  19. AH64ID

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

Never owned a house that a QCLB or CCLB would fit in, and I’ve never owned a short bed. It’s not worth the tradeoff for me. I do have a shop now that the truck fits in with room to spare, and with the ample covered RV parking our rigs are almost always undercover. Great in the winter for...