Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Dasmoetorhead

Unusual Wear on factory tires

I don't expect anymore than that. I just traded my 5th wheel trailer in on a new Winnebago DP, so I won't be driving the 2500 much anymore.
  2. Dasmoetorhead

This hasn't been my experience.
  3. Dasmoetorhead

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Not really sure since it's not a big deal to me.
  4. Dasmoetorhead

I run 70 psi up front (Cummins) and 60 psi in back. I've got 25,000 on the stock Firestones and there at 7/32". Not to bad. The dealership asked if I had replaced tires already. They were surprised they were the original tires. Me too, cuz I've towed my 10k 5th wheel from TN to NorCal twice...
  5. Dasmoetorhead

I had the truck in the shop for the 2nd grid heater recall, and the particulate sensor recall,and reflash. Guess I didn't have the sensor, but it worked perfectly. It used to just sip DEF. Now I'm not sure what will happen. While there I had the tires rotated, and I had the alingment set to...
  6. Dasmoetorhead

Warning From Ram - Annoying

Glad to know that I'm not the only one getting the run-a-round.
  7. Dasmoetorhead

Changed fuel filters.
  8. Dasmoetorhead

Installed my Icom 7000 HF transceiver , and ran 2 coax cables from bed to center console.
  9. Dasmoetorhead

5th Wheel Hitches

B&W Companion 3600 rvk. Factory puck on my 2021 Ram 2500 sb Laramie. I've used thos same hitch on my 14 ram 2500 srw, 2015 ram 3500 sb drw, and now on my 21 2500. Never neeed a slider, and we've traveled to all lower 48 states (lots of campgrounds) and its worked perfect. As a retired mechanic...
  10. Dasmoetorhead

Why do people like cab/clearance lights so much?

Ya, you have to be going slow. Wouldn't work at speed.
  11. Dasmoetorhead

2022 DRW rim corrosion

It sucks, and just gets worse. My 15 DRW did the same thing. Must be the Clearcoat failing.
  12. Dasmoetorhead

Well I had to try. I seen a newer Cadillac suburban or whatever they call it make it, sooooo, go big or go home. I had about 3" of clearance. Definitely pucker factor though lol.
  13. Dasmoetorhead

As you know, I'm a fan of the clearance lights. Someone mentioned that they are used to determine if you can fit under a bridge or whatnot, by observing how the lights are illumating the obstacle. So I had to drive down to SF and without thinking of parking garages, we booked a downtown hotel...
  14. Dasmoetorhead

120v A/C in bed?

My 2021 2500 Laramie reg bed has it.
  15. Dasmoetorhead

2022 Ram 3500 - Towing Disappointment Justified?

I just yanked our 10k 5th wheel from Johnson Ciry, TN to Eureka, CA 2,750 miles and did 70 mph most of the way across I 80. Slowed down to 60 a few times and 5th gear for some long grades. I just did this to be kind to my truck, but it has plenty of power left even on steep grades.
  16. Dasmoetorhead

After the 1st half of our trip from TN to Nor-cal, lots of rain,dirt and 2,750 miles of towing at 70 Mph the filthy beast finally got a good washing by me. Here we are for the next month.
  17. Dasmoetorhead

Lets see what you are towing!

Trailers nice, but your truck is awesome! Congrats.
  18. Dasmoetorhead

Made it to o Eureka, CA. yesterday. 2750 miles, and a tanker truck worth of #2 diesel. 10.1 miles per gallon doing 70 pulling a 30 ft 5th wheel. This is tbe 2nd time this year we've pulled from TN to Nor-cal. I can't say enough about my pickup. It's a phenomenal tow rig. 6th gear most of the...
  19. Dasmoetorhead

Left E TN headed to Nor-Cal 3 days ago in our new Grand Design reflection 260rb. Here we are yesterday.
  20. Dasmoetorhead

Glitter appearance in front fuel filter housing

I've sent that glitter in previous Rams, 2014,and 2015. I just did both fuel filters on my 2021 2500 ctd, and I couldn't believe how clean everything was. No water, grime, or shinny flecks. Filters looked new at 9,744 mi. I've never even drained the filters before.