Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. DontSlamMyRam

Why Ram?

I've owned a little of everything. I've worked in auto repair off and on for 30yrs. They are all garbage(especially GM)! There's always a few mentally handicapped engineers at every manufacturer. It's up to you to do the research and background check, then decide if you can live with reality...
  2. DontSlamMyRam

Reliability as daily driver?

I'm in Spokane Wa. Weather is fairly close to what Boise gets. At my last job the truck would be parked outside overnight for 12 hours, below 0°, with a good wind blowing. I would hit the remote start about 4min before end if shift. Between the electric cab heater, preheater on engine, heated...
  3. DontSlamMyRam

A/T Tire that's good for wet traction

Another Cooper XLT3 owner chiming in. Been very pleased with mine in everything I've put them thru(xcept sticky mud) in last 20kmi. Winter and wet performance has been better than most ATs I've owned; BFGs, LTXs, Duelers, Ridge Grapplers. I Would buy again!
  4. DontSlamMyRam

Reliability as daily driver?

I do about 24mi each way for work. Tow about 4-6k in the dump trailer once a month. Zero issues in my '19 with 24kmi(exc cp4 recall). I love the CTD, but doing my own maintenance has made it feel more cost effective.
  5. DontSlamMyRam

Chelan WA Area Trails

Might give you some ideas? I'm in E Wa but unfortunately don't have much time in around Chelan https://ridebdr.com/wabdr/
  6. DontSlamMyRam

New Battery

Check out DEKA Batteries. Made in USA. Great Rep and widely available.
  7. DontSlamMyRam

No sale agreement?

Six years at dealerships and over 30 vehicle purchases and I've never seen that before in my life. Lol! Seems unbelievable to me.
  8. DontSlamMyRam

Rough Idle when Stopped and Bouncy Ride

2500 or 3500? I'm still waiting for warmer weather to install but many reports of improved rear ride quality in 2500s. https://www.thurenfabrication.com/products/rear-trackbar-kit-for-2014-2023-dodge-ram-2500-power-wagon
  9. DontSlamMyRam

Anyone have luck getting a courtesy vehicle?

When my fuel pump was replaced I asked about a loaner. I was told that the sales department sold them all. It kinda made sense looking back at the last few years. Maybe with interest rates climbing and the "looming" financial crisis there'll be two loaners for every service appt soon?
  10. DontSlamMyRam

Valvoline vs Rotella vs Amsoil

Kirkland till 15 then lil N of Spokane for last 33.. I tried to love amsoil but back then I didn't see the value vs the time spent to get it. I've been running Rotella for over 20 years in bikes, atvs n trucks. Never had too much trouble finding it even in the dark days. Plus it has a great...
  11. DontSlamMyRam

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

Seems like I'll have a brand new truck soon with the way Rams been replaced parts for me.
  12. DontSlamMyRam

Rolling Bed covers

I really wanted a retrax back in '20. Divorce, truck pmt etc left me choosing a inexpensive truxedo lopro soft cover. A few years later I've seen enough reports of opening issues on retractable covers. Plus the used ones I see always look trashed from dirt/snow/ice scraping across the top of it...
  13. DontSlamMyRam

Fixing hole in mirror trim

Local Wrecking yard? Ebay? Have Dealership order it. I replaced lots of mirrors in my dealership days. Usually pretty simple task. Had to replace one on daughters Grand Cherokee, I got that mirror from a local wrecker.
  14. DontSlamMyRam

More power after CP4 recall completed?

I'm around 1mo/1000mi on the new pump. The truck does seem to have some issues keeping the rear tires planted vs cp4. The off camber freeway entrance by work has become another hi point for quitting time. The low end seems improved, top end feels equal imo. Biggest improvement for me was in the...
  15. DontSlamMyRam

Future Resale Diesel vs Gas

I worked dealerships for years, owned too many vehicles to keep track of in 22yrs on the road. At the time if purchasing I paid a meager $55k for my Laramie CTD and its been paid for for quite awhile. I do my own maintenance & the repairs I can safely handle. I went diesel mainly because of what...
  16. DontSlamMyRam

Where do you buy parts

Genos is my go to on filters. Lubricant is sourcered locally. Thuren just got $2300 from me but hopefully not much more.. RealTruck's gotten a few donations between the Ram and kids Taco. I usually try to spread around the $$. If a vendor has a good reputation but a lil smaller operation I'll...
  17. DontSlamMyRam

What Def are you using in your Diesel?

Basic Blu def here. I just grab it at Costco. The pallets appear to turn often so I assume it's fresh. I read up on date codes but that info passed straight thru the grey matter back in '19. Costco is just convenient for me. I'd have to burn more in diesel driving to Walmart vs the $1.25 I'd...
  18. DontSlamMyRam

Where to sell brand new take-offs?

Got $600 for my 18" Laramie alloys w/ 5k of wear transfarces, no sensors. Listed them on CL, gone after a few days. I figured it would take years to sell them! Am sooo glad to have an additional 6sqft of shop space reclaimed!
  19. DontSlamMyRam

Mopar Prepaid Oil Plan

Just wanted to thank you all for reminding me why I DIY this. 1996 I was promoted to lube rack @ the local Yota dealership. I made .4 of an hour for an OC or appx $3.00. So if wages have trippled since then, the tech is getting 9$ for one? The other 90$ in profit goes to the owner and...
  20. DontSlamMyRam

New member from the Pacific Northwest

Welcome from Spokane