Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. RAM_Dad

Mark Dodge - Out of town delivery

I had my truck delivered from MD. I sold my old truck to Carvana for 5k more than MD offered. I told them I didnt want any cleaning done, leave it as it was from the factory. Dealerships suck at washing vehicles. I wasn’t about to have a bunch of swirl marks introduced before I touched it...
  2. RAM_Dad

Towing with new 6.4L

You absolutely need a Cummins for that trailer. And if you upgrade to a Cummins, then a 3500 is the logical choice.
  3. RAM_Dad

Want to save some money on fuel at truck stops?

I’ve been using the Upside app, not sure if it applies to diesel. Usually get around 5-10 cents per gallon. Not much, but I’ll take it. The biggest savings has actually been at the local grocery chain. They usually have 10-15% cash back in the Upside app. Restaurants usually have good cash...
  4. RAM_Dad

Tow Mirrors are the worst

I agree that the passenger mirror sucks. I’ve driven many different vehicles and none of them use a 1:1 ratio magnification for the passenger side. It’s fine for the drivers side because you’re much closer to it, so you have the appropriate perspective.
  5. RAM_Dad

MD Ceramic coating

A lot of products call themselves “ceramic coatings”. You can get a ceramic spray wax that would last 6 months. I bet that’s what a lot of these places are doing. If I had to guess, it’s a wash, clay bar and spray ceramic wax/sealant. I’d never pay a dealer for any paint work.
  6. RAM_Dad

Lets see what you are towing!

Picked up today. Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH
  7. RAM_Dad

First Ram 3500 - Initial Impressions

Not disagreeing with you
  8. RAM_Dad

That’s what I meant, #1 foam
  9. RAM_Dad

Correct, they’re all technically buckets and the “bench” has no impact on seat comfort. There is different foam used in some of the seats though, which may or may not need impact comfort. Ventilated seats have the #10 foam I believe.
  10. RAM_Dad

@Jimmy07 debunked that in another thread. Seats with ventilation use a different foam material. In a big horn, they’d be the same but not necessarily in higher trim levels.
  11. RAM_Dad

HDRams Newb ordered a new Ram Cummins C/C

Good catch, missed that detail.
  12. RAM_Dad

HDRams Newb ordered a new Ram Cummins C/C

Correct, AISIN tranny only available with the HO CTD.
  13. RAM_Dad

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Ceramic and PPF. I kid.
  14. RAM_Dad

What did you do TO your RAM today?

What kinda financing rate you get on that? :D
  15. RAM_Dad

2021 Aisin beginning to FAIL at 55,000 miles! ** HOT 150HP TUNE **

Just curious, what is a 150hp tune even needed for? Doesn’t the truck have plenty of power to handle 15k load at stock?
  16. RAM_Dad

New to forum, and asking for advice

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/recall-ram-recalls-222-410-cummins-powered-trucks-for-cp4-fuel-pump.7586/
  17. RAM_Dad

New to forum, and asking for advice

Did the 2019s have a CP4? I thought that was a 2020 thing, but I might have that mixed up. Did you keep the old filter? Maybe show it to them. Might also just be a sh*tty dealer. Any other dealers around to get it a second opinion?
  18. RAM_Dad

LEDs on Limited - kinda loud

That’s just your tinnitus kicking in :p
  19. RAM_Dad

Tough Choice, new to RAM.

If you’re looking at the Laura Auto group, I assume you’re near St. Louis. I’m also in the area and opted for Mark Dodge, I saved about 9k off MSRP on my Laramie. Best auto buying experience I’ve had.
  20. RAM_Dad

Number 1 foam seat cushion.

Good point. Same foam though? Just has holes for ventilation.