Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Brake Controller Troubleshooting/Technical Info

I had a PM from @StrayCat. I figured I'd post it here. I'm not on here much so a PM is the way to go. Glad to see people are finding value in my research. The question was: "is there a way to switch between LE and HE on the truck? I just connected my new 2500 for the first time and I'm not...
  2. T

Part 2: I did some more tests. After gathering data with the scope, I tried to see what was available via OBDII. Luckily, you can query the PIDS on the ITBM (Integrated Trailer Brake Module). I have a OBDLink MX+ and I needed to use the FCA extended diagnostics add-on to get to them. This...
  3. T

I can confirm that at 10MPH and above, 97% duty cycle on PWM is available - basically all the braking possible. From 10MPH to 0MPH it does lower the trailer brake max from 97% to 57%, linearly, as measured at the PWM output. This is on light electric with 10.0 gain. The other profiles may be...
  4. T

All testing was done while not moving. The truck was "on", but not running. I did notice that the PWM signal never got to 100% duty cycle, even when I pulled the manual control all the way. I wasn't sure if that was related to the trailer profile (light electric) or not. It's possible that...
  5. T

Trailer brake disconnected

Hi, I had a similar issue so thanks for this post. I also did a bunch more testing on the exact error messages on this post over here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/brake-controller-troubleshooting-technical-info.6004/ My issue was an intermittent short on the rear axle of a 3...
  6. T

This post is about the brake controller on the 2021 HD Ram. First, my story. Second some reverse engineering and description of the warnings on the dash. Finally, some technical details. I would assume this information would apply to other years in the same generation of truck, but outside of...
  7. T

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

An Update: Took Delivery 5/12. 8 Weeks and 1 Day. The 4/23 Denver,CO update was an error from whoever sent me the update. It was still in Mexico a week later. Truck looks and drives great. No issues that I could find. I tried to sign up for the Ram $1000 bonus a week ago, but never got...
  8. T

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

New to the forum, and this is my first post! Thank you all for the thread. It’s been helpful to see what others are going through, and I finally thought I’d toss in my experience. Hopefully this isn't too long - I just figured I'd get it all out up front. TLDR; I ordered with BSM on 3/16...