Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. jsalbre

Why would a transmission shift better if the speedometer is calibrated to a different tire size?

I know it's an "everyone knows it" thing, but I can't figure out why a transmission would shift better if the speedometer is calibrated to a different tire size. It's not like you've changed the gear ratio in the tranny. It's still hitting the same power at the same output shaft speed.
  2. jsalbre

Frame Hex Hole Rivnut Size

Anyone know what size rivnuts go into the hex holes on the side of the frame under the passenger door? I’m fabbing up a mount for my air compressors and I figure I may as well use the nice holes that Ram left me. The holes look to be about 1/2” across, but I’m sure the correct rivnuts are metric...
  3. jsalbre

2023+ Auto Fold Mirror - disable auto unfold

Anyone with a '23+ truck figure out a way to stop the mirrors from unfolding at 10mph. I narrowly missed taking one out on a tree the other day while off-road when it suddenly opened itself back up. I've tried unchecking auto-fold in the UConnect settings, and it does stop them from auto...
  4. jsalbre

Power Wagon Articulink arms

Anyone know where I can find a set? A while back someone mentioned knowing of a place that takes a lot of them off to install other arms.
  5. jsalbre

Front audio dropout while CarPlay phone unlocked

I’ve had a weird issue for a while where occasionally the front audio on my Uconnect 5 will drop out as though there are navigation directions being given. This happens no matter what source is selected. I’ve struggled to reproduce it, so I haven’t bothered to take it to the dealer. Tonight...
  6. jsalbre

Connector identification

Looking under the dash (drivers footwell, looking towards the center) of my ‘23 yesterday I saw this unused connector. My best guess is it’s for the Trailer CVPM. Can anyone confirm?
  7. jsalbre

Headlamp leveling

I can’t seem to find it now, but last week I ran across something talking about headlight leveling (via a dashboard mounted switch) available on export model HDs. This makes sense since it’s a requirement in certain countries if a vehicle has projector headlights. Do any of our parts and or...
  8. jsalbre

jsalbre's 2023 Rebel Build and Adventures

I've been lax in getting this all put together, so the first couple posts will be a bit of a catch-up, then I'll update from there as things happen. I ordered a 2023 2500 Rebel on Oct 21, 2022. The truck was built on Jan 12th and shipped on Jan 20th. I picked it up from the dealer on Feb 8...
  9. jsalbre

Minor spare tire rant

I dropped the spare on my Rebel for the first time yesterday to run some wiring. The truck came with 285/60R20 Goodyear DuraTracs on the regular wheels, but they put a 275/70R18 Transforce HT as a spare. Now the size is fine, as they're only .3" difference in diameter, but a Transforce HT...
  10. jsalbre

Rebel Suspension

Ram's sales documentation mentioned that the Rebel has a unique suspension, but doesn't go into detail as to what that means. My build sheet also has a line for "REBEL SUSPENSION". This thread is to try to figure out what the differences are. I'm going to start with what I've observed so far...
  11. jsalbre

2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave - Boise, ID

Selling my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, in Sarge Green. It has 23,011 miles as of this afternoon, and aside from some pitting on the rear plastic fender flares from gravel (see detail photo) it's in amazing condition. The truck has never been in an accident and has had no issues so far that have...
  12. jsalbre

Where to sell brand new take-offs?

My new Rebel should be arriving in the next couple weeks, and it will be coming with the mandatory $1000 option 20" wheels, and 33" Duratracs. I think they're good looking wheels, and if I weren't planning to do much offroad I'd likely keep them. That said, since I will offroad a lot I want to...
  13. jsalbre

Recovery gear storage

Some of you may have seen a post from me the other day about updating my offroad recovery gear. Now that I’ve done that I’m on to my next problem: Where to put it that is both convenient (enough) and secure (enough). On my previous 2500 the more frequently used gear went in the rear cab floor...
  14. jsalbre

2500 Rebel Reviews

It appears the media embargo on 2023 2500 Rebel reviews ended at midnight, so tons of driving impressions got posted early this morning. I've done some quick summarizing below and linked to a few of the articles. Nothing too terribly surprising, though some reviewers didn't seem to understand...
  15. jsalbre

2023 Rebel Cummins Payload and Towing

We’ll, we now know why the Rebel with the Cummins has such a low payload and towing, it’s got a GVWR of 9680 lbs. The Rebel with the gas engine is not listed separately, so that leads me to assume it has the same 10k GVWR as a “standard” 2500. That’s just an assumption until we see an actual...
  16. jsalbre

2023 Chassis Cab Site Up

Like the title says, the 2023 Chassis Cab page is now up on the Ram site: https://www.ramtrucks.com/2023/ram-chassis-cab.html
  17. jsalbre

Leer 100XQ for sale - Idaho

I have the Leer 100XQ from my truck for sale. It’s color matched Granite Crystal Metallic and fits a 6’4” bed. Factory ordered Mar 2020, and in brand new condition. Like all 100XQs it has the angle crank open side windows and full carpeted interior. Options are front and rear interior LED...
  18. jsalbre

WTB: OEM 285/60R20 Firestone Transforce A/T Tires

I’m going to be trading in the truck soon and the factory tires are shot. I’m looking for some tires to replace them with that are low enough mileage the dealer won’t try to take off $$ on my trade. I’m in Boise, so they need to be in ID, eastern OR, or northern UT.
  19. jsalbre

Bed Utility Rails

Has anyone mounted or seen mounted any bed side rails on our trucks. This is for the standard non-RamBox bed to be clear. I can’t see an easy way to do it. Seems crazy on a 2020 truck.
  20. jsalbre

Adding the VSIM

Alright @Jimmy07, here’s that thread asking for details. I want to add the VSIM to my truck and I hear it shouldn’t be too difficult...