Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Crusty old shellback

Picking up a new toy tomorrow.

Headed out to Verdi, NV in the morning to pick up a new toy.
  2. Crusty old shellback

Reno Hot August Nights.

Saw this sweet Power Wagon at the show.
  3. Crusty old shellback

"beadlock ring" holes

had a thought this morning and wondering if anyone else has had the same thought or has done it. On the "beadlock" ring, there are 8 more holes in the rim that were not drilled in the ring. I got to thinking about drilling the holes and adding the extra 8 bolts, just for a looks perspective. I...
  4. Crusty old shellback

Retirement

Well it looks like the time has finally come. Things are in motion and moving fast. After 43 years of playing Sailor, its time to change course and pull into port for the final time. I'm hanging up my Dixie cup hat, and putting on my Cowboy boots and moving to the mountains. My official...
  5. Crusty old shellback

Power Wagon Aesthetics rant

Don't get me wrong, I love my Power Wagon. But it seems RAM couldn't take a little extra time on the aesthetics to make it look good? OK, So I have a '21 75th PW in mono tone Delmonico red pearl. Love the color. The body is red. The bumpers, grill, just about all of the logos, rims, Tow mirrors...
  6. Crusty old shellback

AAM ball joint delete

Was watching some videos on YouTube about the Thuren track bar and stumbled onto one about AAM ball joint delete. Basically they replace the ball joint with a spherical ball end. Fits in place of the ball joint and is rebuildable/replaceable. You only replace the spherical ball when it wears...
  7. Crusty old shellback

37's on stock bead lock rims

Gonna have to buy new tires before long. Been thinking about going up to 37's from 35's. But I want to keep my factory rims. So my question is, does anyone run 37's on stock rims? If so, what issues, if any have you had? And trimming you did? How bad did it affect towing with the 37's as far as...
  8. Crusty old shellback

The final send

Little video for veterans day. Saw this today and thought I'd share.
  9. Crusty old shellback

Space x launch.

So got a cool view of the Space X launch today from my back yard. Could see the booster separation clear as day. Pretty cool. Felt and heard the sonic boom several minutes after the launch.
  10. Crusty old shellback

Baja Design reverse lights triggered by aux reverse switch

@Jimmy07 So I'm installing a set of Baja Design squadron lights into my rear bumper. Using them as back up lights/scene lights/trailer loading lights when I'm out doing pit support off road. I don't want to tie them into the trucks reverse lights as I will need them on at other times when the...
  11. Crusty old shellback

6.4L oil filter

So I ran into a little problem today doing my oil change. I normally use a WIX 57060 or 57060XP oil filter. So I grab a filter and oil and head home. Go and grab my cup oil filter wrench and go to check it on the new filter and the filter is smaller than the wrench. WTH? So I climb under the...
  12. Crusty old shellback

Issues posting pictures

I've been trying all day to post pictures in my build thread. But it just sits there saying upload 100%. It doesent go any farther and the picture is grayed out like it's still loading. Anyone else having issues?
  13. Crusty old shellback

Morning visitor.

Last 2 mornings, as I get to work about 5:45, I've had a visitor. This huge fat Osprey I've seen each morning perched on top of this small antenna on a target barge sitting in the parking lot next to my office. Today I walked over and took his picture. He didnt leave. Just looked down at me...
  14. Crusty old shellback

6.4 gas tank useful capacity

So I took a trip this weekend, 875 miles. For the run home, I wound up doing a 450ish mile trip without fueling back up. A few things I noted. 15.1 MPG on the lie o meter When the range miles display hits 50 miles left, the fuel pump light come on saying you need to refill. When the range...
  15. Crusty old shellback

"Accent" head light programing???

So I have a '21 PW which has the LED strip and the 4 quad LED lights that they call accent lighting. When the truck is running normal, both of these lights are on. This not to be confused with the DRL as I have them disabled in the Uconnect. But when i do a remote start, only the LED strip light...
  16. Crusty old shellback

Show me your Delmonico red truck with bronze rims

Looking at putting some bronze Vision Manx 2 rims on my Delmonico Red Pearl Power Wagon. So would like to see some trucks with bronze rims and what you think about the look. The power Wagon has no chrome on it, it's either red or black. Only other color is the silver on the bead lock rings...
  17. Crusty old shellback

PW wheel flares

So I got a bunch of construction adhesive all over the drivers side of my truck. Tried getting it off the plastic wheel flares and trim but it's being a pain and leaving marks. So am looking at replacing the noticeable ones, like the wheel flares. I unbolted them but they still will not come...
  18. Crusty old shellback

Carli suspension info

So after reading a lot of threads about articulink, Carli and Thuren suspension components and alignments, I decided to reach out to Carli for some info. Base. '21 75th AE PW. 35" BFG KO2. 45/40 PSI. Aligned to Thuren specs. I began asking Carli about shocks for my truck to give me a better...
  19. Crusty old shellback

Factory alignment and Thuren specs

So, I have a stock '21 Power Wagon with 35" BFGS on stock factory beadlock rims. I put the tires on at 250 miles on the truck. Truck now has 3485 miles. I started seeing unusual wear on the outer edge of the front tires. I also had a vibration in the steering wheel between 65 and 70 MPH. So I...