Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Don-T

NO POLITICS --- Gas /fuel price in your area?

Here in northern Vermont diesel is about 6.39 per gallon. My truck is parked unless I have to usekit.
  2. Don-T

Can't save Home and Work locations

I do that as well, when I have a cell signal. When I need to start a trip from a location that doesn’t have cell service I can’t use Car Play. I have to use the factory nav. How do you download maps for offline use in Car Play? I did not know that could be done. I do download maps for off-road...
  3. Don-T

Towing Tires upgrade from Transforce

I have been using Toyo Open Country C/T tires on my last few trucks. They are good stiff heavy tires that work well in snow .
  4. Don-T

Question for those with factory air suspension

My last 3500 with rear air seemed to work much like yours does. My new truck seems to only cycle when I hook up a trailer.
  5. Don-T

Harmon Kardon sounds terrible!

I would to take it to the dealer. It sounds like there is a problem if you have speakers that are not working at all. It may be the amp but I would think it more likely there is a loose connector someplace causing the trouble.
  6. Don-T

Ram Wireless Charger

I too have the 12 Pro Max. my phone doesn't charge very well either. I use Carplay most times anyway so I have given up on the wireless charger and I just plug the phone in.
  7. Don-T

Harmon Kardon sounds terrible!

There is something different from truck to truck in some cases, I think. My last 3500 (2019) and my current 3500 (2021) both have the HK system. The last truck had less bass reproduction, but the overall sound quality was much better than the new truck. I did change the dash speakers in my 2021...
  8. Don-T

Titan or S&B fuel tank

I have about the same experience with mine. I drive the truck easy and as long as I am not towing I get 19 to 20 MPG. I can just about do all day without filling up. I had my Titan tank installed by a local 4x4 shop. It took them a few hours to get it done. The cost was just over $1600 for parts...
  9. Don-T

Power Service Users - How do you measure when fueling up?

I am not so concerned that I measure an exact amount. I have a 52 gallon tank now so when I fill up I will dump in a bottle of Power Service. A fill up takes about 40 gallons, give or take a few, so it is close enough. I have a Harbor Freight funnel and paper towels I keep in the bed as well as...
  10. Don-T

52 gal Titan fuel tank

My understanding is AlphaOBD can be used to update the size of the tank so the miles to empty will be close. I don’t think you need to change the tank size for the gauge to work. I will find out in about a week as I am having my tank changed then I will reset the tank size in AlphaPBD to see...
  11. Don-T

Questions about: 2020 3500 LARAMIE for full time RV

Either the specs are for a different truck or the truck you are looking at is not a dually. The specs show the GVWR at 12,300. A dually will be 14,000 pounds. Doesn’t really matter though. I would pass on it and look for a truck that has the CP3. You may never have trouble with the CP4 but it...
  12. Don-T

HK System entirely 4ohms

Thanks for the update. Any chance you can post a picture of the metal tool as well as what the grill and speaker look like?
  13. Don-T

HK System entirely 4ohms

I was surprised at the factory speaker too. I tried to pop off the grills on the ceiling speakers. I had the same experience you did. I decided to leave it alone for the time being. I don’t want to damage the headliner.
  14. Don-T

Based on everything I’m reading, it seems I made a mistake in the truck I bought

That is the biggest reason I have the Diesel engine. The other reason is the exhaust brake.
  15. Don-T

Off Road Pages not showing "Forward Facing Camera"

I wan’t aware of this. Thanks for the lesson. I won’t waste my time and maybe screwing up the BCM.
  16. Don-T

HK System entirely 4ohms

I saw a post on 5th Gen Rams that shows how to remove the roof speakers. I doesn’t look like a big deal. You can pry off the plastic grill much the same way you get off the dash grills. I haven’t tried it yet but I likely will one of these days. Did you replace the sail panel tweeters? If you...
  17. Don-T

No worries. I don’t “want” to use the factory Nav but I don’t have reliable cell service for CarPlay. I don’ t want to mess with an aftermarket GPS as I don’t like the clutter and having to put it up every we stop. I figured out how to save my home location. It doesn’t work the way the manual...
  18. Don-T

I don’t think that will fix it.
  19. Don-T

I did see the Off Road camera setting in AlphaOBD. I may try it next time I get a chance. I will also try to find the entry for the front camera grid lines.
  20. Don-T

I have the Off Road pages on my 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie. I have the same screen as you do. No forward facing camera.