Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Tradesman upgrade to 8.4

You will need the VIN from the vehicle that came from and the serial number of the radio. Some dealerships also ask for a proof of purchase. Mine knew that I was in there enough buying parts that they trusted I did not steal a head unit, but I did bring the VIN serial number and proof of...
  2. S

DIY: Add Aux Switches to 19+ Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L

Can you please add the lookup table for part numbers for the switch. This is rather important to get the correct module. [mod: I would reference Jimmy's post #18 as the source of truth for switch panel part numbers before this doc that's been spread about (self included)]...
  3. S

Tradesman upgrade to 8.4

To make it more confusing... My 1500 and a 2500 bighorn level 1 on the lot had the same head unit. But another used 2500 had a different part#. My grand Cherokee has on version newer 8.4 head unit than my truck did. My 3500 I installed a 4c nav unit so no real comparison. The center stack...
  4. S

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

I have not, I just got my 8.4 4c screen and getting that setup. I'm not sure ill do the TTPMS for a while since I want it on my next RV, although it will be rather useless since I'm going to commercial 245/70r19.5 on the next RV. I really need to monitor temperatures more than pressures, So I...
  5. S

Swap OEM Gooseneck Hitch for B&W Turnover Ball

Yes, way less stress than off the rear bumper. Iv seen too many people loose bikes off their trailer tail. And if it's disconnected it's hard to steal bikes 8ft off the ground
  6. S

Swap OEM Gooseneck Hitch for B&W Turnover Ball

The Reese goosebox is approved by LCI. Goose adapters are not. I have a long box so don't need to do a turnover ball since I don't need offset to clear tight turns.
  7. S

Tradesman upgrade to 8.4

for those of you who bought salvage/used screens, was there anything special to get them to work?
  8. S

Installing Upper Glove Box in Tradesman

so from what I can find: 6YK08TX7AA : BIGHORN 6YK09TX7AA : SLT 6YK10TX7AA : (lists all trim levels, have to verify with dealership) 6YK11TX7AA : POWERWAGON 6YK12TX7AA : (lists all trim levels, have to verify with dealership) says painted? Ill have to stop by the dealership, currently debating...
  9. S

Installing Upper Glove Box in Tradesman

one page back, he found a spot to get power at least. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/installing-upper-glove-box-in-tradesman.1878/post-97118
  10. S

Can anyone post what the interior tailgate release switch looks like please

ok, thats not too bad. ill get with jimmy when im ready to do this, still working on other projects. just planning.
  11. S

Can anyone post what the interior tailgate release switch looks like please

how far does the adapter have to run? im looking at adding this to mine, currently just use the FOB.
  12. S

Aftermarket "OEM Style" digital rear view mirror

Maybe, I can't use a car wash... Dually life
  13. S

I'm working on it, I have a few different options coming in. The camera that I ordered did not work because unfortunately rear view mirror company said theirs was AHD when it is TVI so waiting on another camera to come in.
  14. S

Yup, and war of the worlds terrorized everyone over radio... It's amazing we have come a long way!
  15. S

It has no noteable delay, and at night, you can see the footage of my review. It does well. In dark woods you would need backup lights to use it, but it would really help with cap visibility.
  16. S

the camera has a "tilt option" that can take a slice of footage from a different angle. I have my camera looking straight back, and can adjust it down to hitch. ill get a quick video for ya.
  17. S

yes, it is on all tie time just like the OEM option, it gives you an unobstructed view out the back of the truck. that you normally get from the rear view camera. this is also a DVR, so it records all of the time and locks file on impact. the display is actually annoying if setup with the...
  18. S

There is no point of an autodim mirror with this, it does not actually reflect anything, the camera naturally dims at night due to less light, headlights "in the mirror" cannot be brighter than the screens power so its not blinding when someone is behind you. I am working on a "CHMSL" camera...
  19. S

Can anyone help me out? Adding oem remote start and tailgate release to 2022 3500 tradesmen 6.7

Yes, everything is already in the truck. And it is enabled through the code. All you need is the button in the actual remote. And I would suggest installing the gas strut to slow down the fall of the tailgate