Search results

1. Don-T

Max Tow Package

You can’t trust the videos. One or more of them also talk about and show the trailer tire pressure monitors as well as the camera on the trailer. They didn’t happen either.
  2. Don-T

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Thanks for asking. I have been working with Ram Cars and Uconnect for the past seven weeks trying to get this fixed. I have now made four trips to the dealer at 100 miles each time. The engineers keep asking more questions instead of making a list of troubleshooting questions. As of yesterday...
  3. Don-T

Max Tow Package

I just reviewed my build sheet. It says I have a Crew cab SRW with 6.7HO engine. It also lists the Aisin transmission and 12” rear axle with anti slip and 3.73 ratio. It shows nothing regarding brakes, or what size the axle tubes are.
  4. Don-T

Post Pics of your 2019 2500 or 3500!

The book says to wait until you have 500 miles before you tow. I had 1200 miles before my first tow. Now have about 3000 miles.
  5. Don-T

Here it is with the camper. The colors are a close match.
  6. Don-T

It is Pearl White over RV Match Brown.
  7. Don-T

Option input needed

I am on my third truck with the auto level. I have never had any trouble from one and I wouldn’t order a truck without it. That is the biggest reason I have a Ram truck.
  8. Don-T

Do the 2019s feel clunky like the 2018 and older ones do?

I don’t think they are clunky either. The last F350 I had was mushy in the front end, maybe that is the difference? The F350 was also very stiff in the rear end, with and without the 5th camper. To me the Ram is better balanced than the Ford.
  9. Don-T

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

My big issue is the 12” Uconnect in my truck. The navigation quit working at about 800 miles on the truck. I am having a heck of a time getting it fixed. The Uconnect people are having the dealer do a lot of trouble shooting before they will send a new one. I think they have finally decided the...
  10. Don-T

Here is the picture the dealer sent me when it was unloaded from the transport.
  11. Don-T

Mud Flaps

I have Duraflap as well.
  12. Don-T

What's the difference?

Here is a bit of information on the '19 6.7s. The HO gets less compression to compensate for more turbo boost as well as different software. Revisions to the Cummins 6.7-liter inline-six turbo-diesel are significant. Ram claims the new engine is 60 pounds lighter than its predecessor. New...
  13. Don-T

Fuel milage for 3500 HO

I have about 2000 miles on my '19. So far I am getting 18.6 MPG driving mostly country roads, speed limit up to 50 MPH and a bit of in town as well as highway driving.
  14. Don-T

Option input needed

I run 70 psi in the front and 55 in the rear when empty and light loaded. My last truck had the 6.4 engine so I ran with 65 in the front. It could probably be lower for all of them.
  15. Don-T

Accessories

The cover on my 8’ bed moved from my last truck to my new ‘19 just fine. I bought mud flaps from Duraflap and they work fine as well.
  16. Don-T

Option input needed

The biggest thing causing a bad ride when test driving a new truck is air pressure in the tires. They are always way overinflated. The trucks ride a lot better when the tires have the proper pressure for the load, or lack thereof.
  17. Don-T

Fuel Additive

I am using Power Service in my truck. I doubt we will have trouble with the CP4 but I don’t think the lubricity of the additive will hurt.
  18. Don-T

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

The Ram towing guide shows my payload rating to be 4410 pounds. The Ram Owner’s Site show my payload to be 4110 pounds. The door sticker as posted earlier in this thread is 3797. Even then my truck’s real payload (GVWR minus actual weight is 3640 pounds. The only way to know your actual payload...
  19. Don-T

Dually Mud Flaps

I have the 12” wide with the extra length. The ends are about 6” off the ground.
  20. Don-T

Dually Mud Flaps

I just installed Duraflap mud flaps front and rear on my SRW truck. The instal was as easy as they say they it is. 30 minutes for all four of them. As to quality, they look very good. I see no reason they shouldn’t last the life of the truck. Regarding price, you need to decide that, but I am...