Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Crusty old shellback

Does this 6.4 2500 sound ok to buy?

As my buddy used to say, " Don't be gentle, it's a rental". I know I usually drive a rental like I stole it.
  2. Crusty old shellback

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

Started working on the wiring harness. This is the one from the lights to the relay panel. Still have to finish it and get a sheathing for the wires. Then connect it to the plug for the relays
  3. Crusty old shellback

Nitrogen Filled Tires Question

That's why I have a good air dryer on the output of my compressor before it reaches the storage tank. It also drops the temp as well.
  4. Crusty old shellback

Nitrogen Filled Tires Question

Nitrogen filled tires is a gimic. Don't fall for it. It's great for racing where you are concerned about flucations in tire pressures changing the handling charestics of the car at over 150 MPH. Just add air as needed.
  5. Crusty old shellback

Project for today was to build a plate to mount the 6 relays on for all the lights. It will mount to a cross bar support in the front left corner of the engine bay.
  6. Crusty old shellback

Tire Pressure

I run 35 front, 30 rear empty on 35s
  7. Crusty old shellback

First project was to make a backing plate to go on the inside of the headliner to give a little stiffness and place to bolt the switch plate to. Used some 16 gage sheet I had laying around. I'll trim if needed once I'm ready to cut holes in the headliner.
  8. Crusty old shellback

So now it's back to my light build. I have a plan and have gathered some supplies. 6 LED Road shock edge lights. 4 each. Wiring supplies, switch plate, switches, relays, fueses, etc. And a plan. Going to mount a switch plate above the overhead console. Switches from left to right will be...
  9. Crusty old shellback

Where to mount off roadvlight switches in the cab

So I've got a plan and starting the build. Updates with pictures and plan will now be in my build thread.
  10. Crusty old shellback

I was looking at some of those switch panels, but way too pricy. And I'd have to lean over to reach the switches if I mounted them down there over the cubby. But it looks good.
  11. Crusty old shellback

So how many Amps will it carry? Also, I found a few videos on YouTube about removing the headliner. Not near as hard as I thought it would be. :cool: and there are standoffs of foam between the liner and the metal roof. So plenty of room it looks like.
  12. Crusty old shellback

Hmm. Didn't think about using cat 5 or something similar.
  13. Crusty old shellback

So driving the truck around today, I kept reaching up to the overhead console where the switches would mount. Works good, easy to reach, and can easily see the switch's or just feel them out to know which is which. Wife also approved of that placement. So going to start looking into what it's...
  14. Crusty old shellback

So I bought a light panel and switches to control my off road lights. There are 4 switch's. 1 for rear flood lights. 1 for amber running lights. 2 for off road lights. High and low. I have 4 lights I will be mounting. The light switches need about 1.5 inches in the rear of the panel to fit...
  15. Crusty old shellback

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

Yea, I'm down a 2 lane paved road from the highway. 5 miles down that road. Then turn off onto a dirt road for 2 miles. I have found out that above 70 MPH, it doesent matter. Same MPG. Below that does change with speed.
  16. Crusty old shellback

Tire cupping

So got a few miles on the truck now with the new track bar and shocks. Seems the cupping has subsided. There is still some there, but it's slowly wearing away. I do still get some death wobble at times when I hit a hole in the road. I'm going to see about replacing tie rods and maybe a steering...
  17. Crusty old shellback

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

I thought you said you lived in the middle of nowhere? :D :rolleyes:;) Its 25 miles for me to town and the nearest store/gas station. But best I can do is 14.5 on the highway or back road. Usually get 13.
  18. Crusty old shellback

Your gun is poop

Nice lever gun. I like lever guns. Want to get a Mares leg and the 410 shotgun one.
  19. Crusty old shellback

LED Lights mounting bar

That's not a bar. It's a full light system from Baja Designs. Nice, but expensive.