Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stealth Module

Jaysperformance

Reaction score
Anyone running the Stealth Module on a new 19 2500 yet? I read all the reviews on the site and everything looks good but couldn't find any other info. MPG gains 3-4 on average from what people were saying. If you are running one have you been in for warranty work. It is not supposed to leave a footprint on the ECU but wasnt sure if anyone had some real world experiences to share. Would hate to spend money on it and void the warranty on my 75K truck

switz

Reaction score
I was very interested in this as well...until I viewed this video Stealth exposed with Gale Banks. The Stealth module contains a whopping $3.21 in electronics. And, according to the video, it may damage your truck. Take a look.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I was very interested in this as well...until I viewed this video Stealth exposed with Gale Banks. The Stealth module contains a whopping $3.21 in electronics. And, according to the video, it may damage your truck. Take a look.

@switz That is one of the most informative videos I have ever watched. Eye opening to say the least.

TonyT

Reaction score
Anyone running the Stealth Module on a new 19 2500 yet? I read all the reviews on the site and everything looks good but couldn't find any other info. MPG gains 3-4 on average from what people were saying. If you are running one have you been in for warranty work. It is not supposed to leave a footprint on the ECU but wasnt sure if anyone had some real world experiences to share. Would hate to spend money on it and void the warranty on my 75K truck

Feels like a half-assed attempt at solicitation.

Don-T

Reaction score
I see no reason for the ‘19 model year to act any different than previous years. You won’t get any better mileage than you do stock, most likely less. As far as warranty, yes they can tell if a tuner has been hooked up to the truck if they look hard enough. If they figure it out, you warranty is gone. Your best choices are to either leave it stock or do a full delete and get a proper tuner and custom tune, as well as transmission tuning. You will loose your warranty but at least it will run better.

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
I ran a stealth module on my 19' briefly. In hindsight I wish I would have precisely documented each event to better serve stealth and for you guys but unfortunately I didn't.
Anyways I ran the module for about a week and everything was great. Mileage increased about 2mpg with a much more useful power band. My daily commute is approximately 75miles with a ~2k ft mountain in between.
After about a week I noticed the truck would start a regen process more and more frequently. Majority of my drive is highway so I was a bit surprised. By the time the weekend rolled around and I was driving less highway the regen repeated so many times it threw a p2459 code (regen frequency). I cleared it and turned the module down to setting 1. This didn't really seem to slow the regen frequency and writhing the next week I got a p1484 (cat temp).
Digesting this info and having worked for an OEM for the last 8 years I started thinking about what is happening. I could be way off base but it's what I would do if I was RAM and wanted to protect my service costs in a passive aggressive manner.
My theory is they are monitoring more historical data (load, throttle%, fuel level, distance, etc..) plus current cat flow/pressure to identify when the truck is being fed more fuel.
It's the only way I can rationalize it taking a week for the truck to start acting up.
This would cost close to nothing for RAM to add a nanny like this with the cost of memory and a bit of SW.
Like I said I could be way wrong but it's just my opinion.
The next day I decided to pull the module out and give stealth a call.
The reaction wasn't as if I was the first person to run the module on a 19' but they did put me through to the owner rather quickly so I figured I may have been one of the early ones.
I'm sure everyone is aware but that sort of customer is hard to come by anymore.
I spoke with Eric for a few minutes explaining things as best I could and he didn't seem all that surprised which was good and bad.
We agreed that pulling it out was best and he offered to buy it back right away.
Luckily my best friend has an 18' and I threw it on his truck to trial and he loves it.
Been on his truck for 2 weeks without any issue.

I'm not going to reveal any info here as I am not an authorized representative but I highly suggest you give stealth a call to specifically ask about a module for your 19'. Eric mentioned " you need a module like the one I'm working on" when we spoke which I pursued a little further with them and I'll leave it at that.
The stealth module is very cost effective for what it provides and for that first week I can tell you it does exactly what is advertised.

Sorry for the long winded response but I want to make it clear that I am in no way upset with the outcome of my first module. It comes with the territory of modifying a new platform and we didn't hurt anything in the process.

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
I may have spoke a little too soon. Today I was notified that I could order a 19’ specific stealth module. It is already live on the site. After experiencing the other module for a little while I jumped on it.
Happy to report back if anyone is interested but I suggest you guys order one while you can.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I may have spoke a little too soon. Today I was notified that I could order a 19’ specific stealth module. It is already live on the site. After experiencing the other module for a little while I jumped on it.
Happy to report back if anyone is interested but I suggest you guys order one while you can.

Did you watch the YouTube video @switz posted earlier?

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
Link to it is 6 or 7 posts up in this thread.
Sorry I thought you were referring to a new non biased review.
The BOM cost is pretty irrelevant. Literally every thing you spend money on is marked up. With limited competition and high demand I don’t see the issue with them making money while they can.
Do I think it’s the perfect solution...no, I would prefer that they added boost to compliment the extra fuel but it is what it is.
I’m not overly concerned with it damaging the truck because it would require product failure to do so and that’s no different than the factory controllers. With that the factory failsafes should mitigate most if not all catastrophic failures.
I understand what this module does so I don’t have unrealistic expectations but in my opinion Gale is whining far too much about a product for our vehicle when he hasn’t doesn’t even have a competitor in the market.
According to banks about a month ago they had scrapped the derringer they were working on for our trucks and “went back to the drawing board”.
I do agree that the derringer available for other vehicles is far superior in terms of performance and safety but if it isn’t available to us yet there isn’t much sense debating it.
The most important thing they offer is the failover switching.

switz

Reaction score
Sorry I thought you were referring to a new non biased review.
The BOM cost is pretty irrelevant. Literally every thing you spend money on is marked up. With limited competition and high demand I don’t see the issue with them making money while they can.
Do I think it’s the perfect solution...no, I would prefer that they added boost to compliment the extra fuel but it is what it is.
I’m not overly concerned with it damaging the truck because it would require product failure to do so and that’s no different than the factory controllers. With that the factory failsafes should mitigate most if not all catastrophic failures.
I understand what this module does so I don’t have unrealistic expectations but in my opinion Gale is whining far too much about a product for our vehicle when he hasn’t doesn’t even have a competitor in the market.
According to banks about a month ago they had scrapped the derringer they were working on for our trucks and “went back to the drawing board”.
I do agree that the derringer available for other vehicles is far superior in terms of performance and safety but if it isn’t available to us yet there isn’t much sense debating it.
The most important thing they offer is the failover switching.
While I agree that Banks might be biased, you can't ignore (I guess you can but you shouldn't) his logic. You are paying $600 for something that has $3 in parts and the little switch does absolutely nothing. Find something that proves Mr. Banks wrong and then make your decision. Mr. Banks didn't seem to be "whining" and seemed to be making fun of suckers that would pay for something that is a joke in parts and performance.

Jimmy P

Reaction score
I ran a stealth module on my 19' briefly. In hindsight I wish I would have precisely documented each event to better serve stealth and for you guys but unfortunately I didn't.
Anyways I ran the module for about a week and everything was great. Mileage increased about 2mpg with a much more useful power band. My daily commute is approximately 75miles with a ~2k ft mountain in between.
After about a week I noticed the truck would start a regen process more and more frequently. Majority of my drive is highway so I was a bit surprised. By the time the weekend rolled around and I was driving less highway the regen repeated so many times it threw a p2459 code (regen frequency). I cleared it and turned the module down to setting 1. This didn't really seem to slow the regen frequency and writhing the next week I got a p1484 (cat temp).
Digesting this info and having worked for an OEM for the last 8 years I started thinking about what is happening. I could be way off base but it's what I would do if I was RAM and wanted to protect my service costs in a passive aggressive manner.
My theory is they are monitoring more historical data (load, throttle%, fuel level, distance, etc..) plus current cat flow/pressure to identify when the truck is being fed more fuel.
It's the only way I can rationalize it taking a week for the truck to start acting up.
This would cost close to nothing for RAM to add a nanny like this with the cost of memory and a bit of SW.
Like I said I could be way wrong but it's just my opinion.
The next day I decided to pull the module out and give stealth a call.
The reaction wasn't as if I was the first person to run the module on a 19' but they did put me through to the owner rather quickly so I figured I may have been one of the early ones.
I'm sure everyone is aware but that sort of customer is hard to come by anymore.
I spoke with Eric for a few minutes explaining things as best I could and he didn't seem all that surprised which was good and bad.
We agreed that pulling it out was best and he offered to buy it back right away.
Luckily my best friend has an 18' and I threw it on his truck to trial and he loves it.
Been on his truck for 2 weeks without any issue.

I'm not going to reveal any info here as I am not an authorized representative but I highly suggest you give stealth a call to specifically ask about a module for your 19'. Eric mentioned " you need a module like the one I'm working on" when we spoke which I pursued a little further with them and I'll leave it at that.
The stealth module is very cost effective for what it provides and for that first week I can tell you it does exactly what is advertised.

Sorry for the long winded response but I want to make it clear that I am in no way upset with the outcome of my first module. It comes with the territory of modifying a new platform and we didn't hurt anything in the process.
Just went on their site and they do not have a module for the 2019 trucks: looks like they recognize this issue and are re-designing it?

DougB

Reaction score
2019-2022 module now available for pre-order

senecagreen

Reaction score
If you want one I guess you should buy it while you can. The EPA is cracking down on tuners. If you saw your truck regen more that tells me it increases emissions while increasing power and mpg.

Because it can be removed for emissions testing you could get by for a while since you only use it "off road".

I think the era of removing emissions equip from trucks is ending and when the EPA moves on from tuner companies to individual owners it could be expensive putting the truck back to stock.

Thankfully the manufacturers have the r&d and money to find a way to increase power but still meet emissions rules.

Motorcycle manufacturers are already able to meet euro 5 and give you more power at the same time but it costs a lot of money and engineering to do that.

I wouldn't be suprosed if someday cops can write a ticket that directs you to a emissions testing site to check your truck if they see black smoke. If you pass no harm no foul, if you don't you go to court.

For that reason I am going to have to be happy as is. I read an article yesterday that a owner in NJ was given 60 days by the NJ DEP to return his truck to stock or scrap it. I think it was a 2005 Ford.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
For that reason I am going to have to be happy as is. I read an article yesterday that a owner in NJ was given 60 days by the NJ DEP to return his truck to stock or scrap it. I think it was a 2005 Ford.
That is a crock of crap you can not be forced to scrap a vehicle they could pull the plates but thats about it.

Users who are viewing this thread