Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

texas.yankee

Reaction score
So looked under my truck and it looks like the trailer pressure sensor connection is there. Its the same 4 wire plug in the same location mentioned in the diagram i posted above. Hopefully the trailer tire pressure module will simply be a plug and play item.
According to that TFL article it will require a flash so at the very least, a dealership will likely have to be involved for software.

D

Deleted member 80

I have been down this road with Chrysler before, and I will be very surprised if there is more than ZERO support for early buyers on this matter. They are likely to just wash their hands of it. I hope I'm wrong.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I have been down this road with Chrysler before, and I will be very surprised if there is more than ZERO support for early buyers on this matter. They are likely to just wash their hands of it. I hope I'm wrong.

Seeing the 'issues' some early adopters had over on the 1500 forum, I agree 100%

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
I wonder when the Mopar trailer camera becomes available if it'll be as nightmarish as the TTPM is going to be?

Ron D.

Reaction score
regal2800 when did you order you truck , I ordered mine 2-8-19 , I looked for the trailer pressure sensor connection , not sure if I could see it.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
regal2800 when did you order you truck , I ordered mine 2-8-19 , I looked for the trailer pressure sensor connection , not sure if I could see it.

None of the trucks so far have TTPMS... won't be released "early summer"....

RamPilot

Reaction score
I ordered my 3500 Dually, in mid June, expected by September. My order specifically purchased the trailer camera connection. No mention of TPMS though. BTW is it TPMS or TTPMS, I would really like the temperature info. Hoping my truck is standard with it.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
500Here is what’s in the brochure. I’m hoping mine has it. My sales rep said it’s in the towing pkg, if not they will paying for the upgrade.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
TPMS (
I ordered my 3500 Dually, in mid June, expected by September. My order specifically purchased the trailer camera connection. No mention of TPMS though. BTW is it TPMS or TTPMS, I would really like the temperature info. Hoping my truck is standard with it.

Your 3500 has a slightly different system than TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). You actually have TPIS (tire pressure information system) which only tells you the pressure. It doesn't alert you when a pressure is low.

TTPMS is Trailer tire monitoring system.

HTH

thestuarts

Reaction score

TPMS is the Tire Pressure Monitoring System for the tires on the truck.

TTPMS is the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System for the tires on the trailer.

This is the video where Jim Morrison, head of Ram brand FCA North America, and Rod Romain, Ram’s chief engineer of heavy-duty trucks, announce the TTPMS system:

The TTPMS is currently listed on the RAM 3500 capability page:
https://www.ramtrucks.com/2019/ram-3500/capability.html

The TPMS and TTPMS systems are listed on page 220 and 225 respectively of the owner's manual:
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.../en-us/Ram/2019/2500/RAM_2500_3500_OM_USA.pdf

thestuarts

Reaction score
Here is what’s in the brochure. I’m hoping mine has it. My sales rep said it’s in the towing pkg, if not they will paying for the upgrade.

Where did you get that brochure, the dealership?

thestuarts

Reaction score
Here is what’s in the brochure. I’m hoping mine has it. My sales rep said it’s in the towing pkg, if not they will paying for the upgrade.

As @Gondul recommended, get that in writing because The Fast Lane Truck contacted Ram about adding the TTPMS feature, but Ram said it won't be easy.

For those with the early build trucks without TTPM, getting the feature added back on won’t be as simple as a plug-and-play MOPAR kit either. "TTPM could be added but it would consist of vehicle configuration changes, software flashes, wiring, and module replacement,” said a Ram spokesman. “It can be done, but it is not a Mopar kit that’s plug and play.”"

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I’ll be hooking up to mine on Saturday and see. Sure hope so.

RamPilot

Reaction score
This is what my dealer told me today as well. My unit is expected in September and more then likely will not have TTPMS... I’m sad about that. When available it’s probably going to be an up charge for the option.

Users who are viewing this thread