Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights on Steps

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I saw a picture here of a Ram with LEDs on the three mounts for the running boards/steps and I liked them. However, I can’t find it again to ask the owner about them. Does anyone know who it was are is the own still here?

They looked some what like 3/4” round LEDs.

I think if connected into both running lights and turn signal it would help when signaling for a turn.

Last edited:

Gear box

Reaction score
Not sure the round ones would have enough room behind the plastic cover and the hole would be larger. I used the truck lite 36 series dual function ,

36 Series, Dual-Function, Flex-Lite, LED, Rectangular, Yellow, 3 Diode, Black, 12V​

36203Y​

Also a trailer 2 bulb to single converter and the Y adapter at the receiver trailer plug trailer bulb converter so the brake signal doesn’t go to the new step lites. Think it ran about 300 in materials/lights. Post your pic when you get her done!

1663552384424.jpeg

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Not sure the round ones would have enough room behind the plastic cover and the hole would be larger. I used the truck lite 36 series dual function ,

36 Series, Dual-Function, Flex-Lite, LED, Rectangular, Yellow, 3 Diode, Black, 12V​

36203Y​

Also a trailer 2 bulb to single converter and the Y adapter at the receiver trailer plug trailer bulb converter so the brake signal doesn’t go to the new step lites. Think it ran about 300 in materials/lights. Post your pic when you get her done!

View attachment 44482
Thanks and it looks good.
Is there a reason not to just tap into either the mirror or front running/turn signal, so a converter is not needed?

Last edited:

Gear box

Reaction score
I didn’t research that. Probably would be fine.
I started from front and worked back with splices jumped across behind fuel tank and to rear of truck.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
The below post show that the 3/4” round lights will work too.

3 wire version of the 3/4” LEDs lights.
Amazon link https://a.co/d/1dAJwoG

Users who are viewing this thread