Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

phatboy64

Reaction score
Fixing hail damage is not hard. they make special tools to remove the dents. In most cases it doesnt even hurt the paint. For those that are really bad, they are scrapped and rebuilt according to customer service.
That is good. I feel bad for the folks who were affected....

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
***UPDATE TO MY UPDATE***
Not good news.

The guy i have been dealing with is:
Michael McDonald.
Michael.McDonald@EXTERNAL.STELLANTIS.COM
568-274-8085

He called me on 22 sept and stated he would get back to me with information about my truck. I reached out to him via phone, email, and linkedin today 26 sept. I have not received anthing back and the dealer has nothing new for me. SO here is his information to the group. Supposedly he is over North American Production. I figure at the every least we can make his life as rough as ours waiting on these freaking trucks with bogus timelines and no information.

Reaction score
My truck has been in KZLD for 2 months now. I ordered it In March 2022.

Dealer can’t tell me any more info on it and says it may be January 2023 or later before it arrives.

I’m in Canada and I’m told the Dealer is my only insight into the status.

All the time this takes, my trade-in depreciates further.

What is the reason for the Delays? Dealer says rail strikes but I read that they have not yet started to strike.
Mine has been built since first of July and still sitting (KZLD) in MX.
I am in Alaska so best I can figure is they are waiting to fill enough rail cars with trucks headed AK and Canada. The AK bound trucks go by ship from Tacoma to AK.
One of the dealers here has just gotten a load of 2500's in the last month. They're all collecting dust on the lot... the dealer is not moving many just based on my drive by assessment.
They're still gouging like crazy here with the "market adjustment" bs.

joace

Reaction score
I finally got the call and my new truck has been delivered on Saturday to MarkDodge. Over 22 weeks from order to delivery.
Ours should be on the same truck delivered to MD, also ordered on 4/19, going through the process to sale my current 2020 1500 limited and get finance paperwork done asap, so I can pick up my new beauty soon.

rMoose1776

Reaction score
Not good news.

Michael McDonald.
568-274-8085

He called me on 22 sept and stated he would get back to me with information about my truck. I reached out to him via phone, email, and linkedin today 26 sept. I have not received anthing back and the dealer has nothing new for me. SO here is his information to the group. Supposedly he is over North American Production. I figure at the every least we can make his life as rough as ours waiting on these freaking trucks with bogus timelines and no information.
No this is not good news. I was really hopeful for you and us. Time to start emailing him.

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
So got a lil more info today. I actually went and saw the dealer. Anyway, truck is built and according to dealer it is sitting in the yard that the trucks get loaded onto the trains. He said it takes bout a week to get loaded and then 2 weeks to get to Chicago and another week to get to plano. So if everything goes like he said, looks like another month... I'm in KZ status?

StrayCat

Reaction score
Thanks to Brv10, I know my truck is still in J.B Not. KZLD as the dealer reports.

Dealer contacted me yesterday after I complained and said they have some 2500’s similar to what I ordered if I want one of those.

However I’m apparently going to take a big hit on my Trade in value 6 months after we signed a deal. And even bigger hit if I wait for my order to arrive.

What does not sit well with me is…. Its not my fault the truck didn’t arrive to complete the deal, used vehicle prices here in Canada have still been going up all summer so I shouldn’t be getting hosed on trade in. and why should I be treated like a brand new deal just because they can’t get my truck, we are starting from scratch again.

So, If they try to stiff me on the trade in, I’ll be going to get my deposit back and I’ll shop around to another Ram Dealer for one on the lot.

No use waiting till December or January for the one I ordered because they indicated I would lose even more on my trade in, and by that time I’m getting a Ram that’s one model year old already. Why would I go for that “deal”?

Good job I don’t “need” a new truck, I just “want “ a new truck.

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
I got the sticker from the ram tracker... dealer said he expects the truck round the 1st of November.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-200819_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-200819_Drive.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 37

NightTrain

Reaction score
Not good news.

Michael McDonald.
568-274-8085

Putting an individual at Stellantis, who has no control over the production or shipping of your truck, on blast will not get you your truck any sooner. Everyone is struggling with supply chain issues, parts availability, etc.... Good luck - hope it arrives soon.

Last edited:

4whlfun

Reaction score
Hey folks, new to the site. 8 year Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew 4x4 owner. Love the truck, its been nearly flawless (exhaust manifold bolts/TPMS sensors). Just ordered 2023 2500 Laramie Crew 4x4 Gas. I was able to get it for $573 over MSRP with NO dealer add ons which are prevalent around Charlotte Dealers. I realize there is hold back money and other hidden profit for the dealer, but overall I was happy with the deal. Here is the option list.
Capture.JPG

joace

Reaction score
Thanks to Brv10, I know my truck is still in J.B Not. KZLD as the dealer reports.

Dealer contacted me yesterday after I complained and said they have some 2500’s similar to what I ordered if I want one of those.

However I’m apparently going to take a big hit on my Trade in value 6 months after we signed a deal. And even bigger hit if I wait for my order to arrive.

What does not sit well with me is…. Its not my fault the truck didn’t arrive to complete the deal, used vehicle prices here in Canada have still been going up all summer so I shouldn’t be getting hosed on trade in. and why should I be treated like a brand new deal just because they can’t get my truck, we are starting from scratch again.

So, If they try to stiff me on the trade in, I’ll be going to get my deposit back and I’ll shop around to another Ram Dealer for one on the lot.

No use waiting till December or January for the one I ordered because they indicated I would lose even more on my trade in, and by that time I’m getting a Ram that’s one model year old already. Why would I go for that “deal”?

Good job I don’t “need” a new truck, I just “want “ a new truck.

Yeah, same struggling on the trade-in value here, it’s dropping week by week, I almost lost the similar saving get from MD order after quoting with multiple buyers. But can’t hold it any longer, have to bite the deal these 2 days. Not quite understanding how is market going, RAM increased a lot on the new models custom build, but seeing big drop on the used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornfed95

Reaction score
Hey all, new member here. Put in an order 6/3 for a 3500 long box SRW and got VON and VIN same day. Tracker says truck was built 9/13 and shipped 9/19. Estimated delivery to central Texas was originally 11/3 and has now changed to 10/6. Like reading all the discussions here and have gained a lot of insight to this whole process. Thanks y’all!

DrTron

Reaction score
Yeah, same struggling on the trade-in value here, it’s dropping week by week, I almost lost the similar saving get from MD order after quoting with multiple buyers. But can’t hold it any longer, have to bite the deal these 2 days. Not quite understanding how is market going, RAM increased a lot on the new models custom build, but seeing big drop on the used.
I'm in the same boat here. I've checked with KBB, and the value of my trade-in hasn't really dropped over the last 5 months. So I'll see what adjustments MD makes to the trade-in and then see where I'm at.

It's obviously more convenient (and tax-friendly) to drive there and just swap trucks, but if their offer is too low I'll see what those online car dealers will offer.

Deltron

Reaction score
Putting an individual at Stellantis, who has no control over the production or shipping of your truck, on blast will not get you your truck any sooner. Everyone is struggling with supply chain issues, parts availability, etc.... Good luck - hope it arrives soon.
Somebody's feet should be held to the fire. Mine was built April 28th. Nobody, including the owner of the dealership, can even give me a hint on when the truck will ship. Ram Care is even worse than useless. Contacted them (twice now), they open a case (two different ones, too stupid to see there already was one) and claim they'll get back within 48 hours. Well absolutely nobody has ever got back at all from them. If you know you're going to lie then why even tell people such nonsense?

I've owned various Mopar products since 1970 and frankly I've about had it. Any company that shows so little regard for their dealers and customers doesn't deserve either. They sure have enough money to spend hundreds of millions on ads and new product but are so incompetent they can't even figure out how shipping works or even bother to keep their dealers updated as to why they're too stupid to comprehend first in first out inventory control.

I sold my '18 RAM diesel in February when I ordered my new truck based on the dealer's estimates which I believe they provided in good faith. The truck was built in a timely fashion and then crickets. I bought a new RAM 1500 and a '22 Challenger Scat Pack. The Challenger was ordered at the same time the truck was. I got the Challenger in late March, five weeks after order. The 1500 was about 9 weeks. It seems the Canadian and the US plant have their act together unlike the disaster in Mexico.

Likely never again with anything from Stellantis. This has cost me money and grief making arrangements to use another truck.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Somebody's feet should be held to the fire. Mine was built April 28th. Nobody, including the owner of the dealership, can even give me a hint on when the truck will ship. Ram Care is even worse than useless. Contacted them (twice now), they open a case (two different ones, too stupid to see there already was one) and claim they'll get back within 48 hours. Well absolutely nobody has ever got back at all from them. If you know you're going to lie then why even tell people such nonsense?

I've owned various Mopar products since 1970 and frankly I've about had it. Any company that shows so little regard for their dealers and customers doesn't deserve either. They sure have enough money to spend hundreds of millions on ads and new product but are so incompetent they can't even figure out how shipping works or even bother to keep their dealers updated as to why they're too stupid to comprehend first in first out inventory control.

I sold my '18 RAM diesel in February when I ordered my new truck based on the dealer's estimates which I believe they provided in good faith. The truck was built in a timely fashion and then crickets. I bought a new RAM 1500 and a '22 Challenger Scat Pack. The Challenger was ordered at the same time the truck was. I got the Challenger in late March, five weeks after order. The 1500 was about 9 weeks. It seems the Canadian and the US plant have their act together unlike the disaster in Mexico.

Likely never again with anything from Stellantis. This has cost me money and grief making arrangements to use another truck.
i can certainly understand your frustration. If you've had a truck built since april that is pretty aggravating that it hasnt arrived yet. But at the same time even though your fed up with Ram at the moment, it wouldn't matter if you went to Ford, or GM. While i know things are loosening up a bit serious wait times are aparent with all brands on earlier year order 22s. My father inlaw waited over a year for his 22 AT4 duramax. Ive had business collegues who waited the same time frame, OR also waited that time frame and were told at the end there truck couldn't be built. The semi world is even worse! go to order a new peterbilt or kenny and they tell you two years.... i inquired about an international 6500 format and was told minimum 1.5 years. In my opinon you should ask for your deposit back.... and get your dealer to search there dealer network for a truck that fits your needs and get them to bring it in from another dealer if they dont have it on their lot. Or like i see many guys do, search dealerships, find the truck you like and fly over to get it. While not an ideal situation, unfortunately todays current state of affairs is not ideal. Or, cancel your order and put in for a 2023 and grill your dealer about some inscentives to do so due to your long wait peroid. At the end of the day i do sympathize with Ram in a sense, i couldnt imagine trying to pump out that many vehicles with parts shortages, transportation shortages, and still trying to keep customers happy. Its a slippery slope!

panzr15

Reaction score
i can certainly understand your frustration. If you've had a truck built since april that is pretty aggravating that it hasnt arrived yet. But at the same time even though your fed up with Ram at the moment, it wouldn't matter if you went to Ford, or GM. While i know things are loosening up a bit serious wait times are aparent with all brands on earlier year order 22s. My father inlaw waited over a year for his 22 AT4 duramax. Ive had business collegues who waited the same time frame, OR also waited that time frame and were told at the end there truck couldn't be built. The semi world is even worse! go to order a new peterbilt or kenny and they tell you two years.... i inquired about an international 6500 format and was told minimum 1.5 years. In my opinon you should ask for your deposit back.... and get your dealer to search there dealer network for a truck that fits your needs and get them to bring it in from another dealer if they dont have it on their lot. Or like i see many guys do, search dealerships, find the truck you like and fly over to get it. While not an ideal situation, unfortunately todays current state of affairs is not ideal. Or, cancel your order and put in for a 2023 and grill your dealer about some inscentives to do so due to your long wait peroid. At the end of the day i do sympathize with Ram in a sense, i couldnt imagine trying to pump out that many vehicles with parts shortages, transportation shortages, and still trying to keep customers happy. Its a slippery slope!

While I can't speak for @Deltron, and I hear what you're saying, it's the disorganization that RAM/Stellantis/FCA seem to have at this Mexico plant that has me seeing red. I get that there are supply chain, shipping logistics, recalls, freak stoms, and other problems that are affecting all the manufacturers across the industry. It's the posts on here of trucks built months after others were built, which seemingly roll off the assembly line and onto a train the same week; while others sit in KZ for well over a month. Priority should be going to the most outstanding orders, not the apparent "first in, last out" confusion that seems to be going on in Mexico.

Honest communication from RAM/Stellantis North America would go a long way in addressing customer relations. Finding more info on a forum than what the dealer or RAM Care can find out should be concerning to Corporate IMHO.

This truck will be my first Stellantis product, as well my first customer ordered vehicle, I hope this isn't my last of either

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread