Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any 2023 Orders?

Wanderlust

Reaction score
If you go to the general section of the forum a dealer posted the 23 order guides. That's probably the best source of info. The packages are a little different, new mirrors, and a "sport performance" hood are the main differences. There is supposed to be an announcement in October about the HD trucks that may include other changes like the Rebel option package.

In the most recent 2023 order guides, the sport appearance hood and new telescoping mirrors are not listed as options or standard equipment for the PW. They are both listed for other trims. But I have seen reports that they will both come on the PW. We will have to wait until the announcement in October to confirm.

DrTron

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up, you get a VIN immediately after the order is confirmed.
My April order (Lvl 3) is shipped now and hopefully will arrive sometime in October. Just to give you a time frame. I suppose six months sounds reasonable, unless they need extra time to get ready for the 2023 models.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Ordered my '21 75th PW at the end of April '21. Only option was the bed group and monotone color.
Picked her up mid June, just in time for my birthday.

jenninr

Reaction score
In the most recent 2023 order guides, the sport appearance hood and new telescoping mirrors are not listed as options or standard equipment for the PW. They are both listed for other trims. But I have seen reports that they will both come on the PW. We will have to wait until the announcement in October to confirm.
The latest order guides i have seen are from 8/24 and both were listed in the standard equipment at that time. Are there later order guides than that?

Wanderlust

Reaction score
The latest order guides i have seen are from 8/24 and both were listed in the standard equipment at that time. Are there later order guides than that?

You are right, I just checked again and they are listed in the back under standard equipment. Not sure how I missed them the first time.

Wintrskibum

Reaction score
You are right, I just checked again and they are listed in the back under standard equipment. Not sure how I missed them the first time.
Is this in reference to the sport performance hood being standard on the 23’ power wagon?

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Ordered a Powerwagon this past Monday and got my VIN already. Dealer said anywhere between 3-6 months and that most of what they've seen is more in the 5-6 month time frame. Level 2 ordering was blocked when I went in and they forced blind spot monitoring on me. Luckily I wanted Level 1, but its not 100% clear everything I wanted is in there since the whoel Level 1,2,3 thing is now only level 1 and 2. It appears you get jsut about everything with Level 1 except the bench seats, shift-on-the-fly, 12in mega screen and upgraded stereo, but I could be totally wrong. So long as mine has remote start and heated seats/ wheel for the winter, I'll be ok.

I'm hoping I can view my window sticker soon to confirm everything. When I use my VIN on the free ones I found on line it doesn't return anything yet. Not sure how long after you get a VIN that exists.

jenninr

Reaction score
You won't get the Window sticker until the truck is built. Heated seats are included as standard equipment on the Power Wagon now according to the order guide. Attached is what is included in level 1 (A64) and level 2 (A65).

Attachments

• 2022-09-28_13-10-34.png
    2022-09-28_13-10-34.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2022-09-28_13-14-08.png
    2022-09-28_13-14-08.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 32

DrTron

Reaction score
they forced blind spot monitoring on me.
Not sure which level/package that is in the 2023, but to me that is one of the most valuable safety features to have. No more twist-head-and-look-over-shoulder-and-down to see if someone hasn't crept up into your blind spot. Plus, with the trailer detection it pretty accurately assesses trailer length on the first turn and after that lets you know when it's safe to merge back after passing. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
You won't get the Window sticker until the truck is built. Heated seats are included as standard equipment on the Power Wagon now according to the order guide. Attached is what is included in level 1 (A64) and level 2 (A65).
I totally missed those standard equipment pages later in the book. I was just looking on the Powerwgon page. Thanks for the heads up!

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Not sure which level/package that is in the 2023, but to me that is one of the most valuable safety features to have. No more twist-head-and-look-over-shoulder-and-down to see if someone hasn't crept up into your blind spot. Plus, with the trailer detection it pretty accurately assesses trailer length on the first turn and after that lets you know when it's safe to merge back after passing. Wouldn't want to miss it.
I figured it wouldn't be bad to have on a vehicle of this size. I wasn't against having them, but those $600 options start adding up quickly. I'm also used to driving a 2015 Camaro around in the Summer and you can lose a semi-truck in that thing's blind spots, so maybe its a good thing after all!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Or just learn how to set your mirrors and drive. ;)

40 plus years of driving and learned how to look in the right spots. only had 1 car that ever came with the blind spot, and it was annoying. My PW doesn't have it and I have no issues, even when towing.

Even drove a '17 Camaro and while it wasn't the best, I managed.

DrTron

Reaction score
Or just learn how to set your mirrors and drive. ;)
Agreed, the large towing mirrors on the RAM's are good, especially due to the small concave mirrors, and there's not that much blind spot left. But that yellow light really catches your attention, so you're better aware of something in the other lane right behind you.
My previous 2010 RAM had the regular mirrors, and the blind spots were huge.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Agreed, the large towing mirrors on the RAM's are good, especially due to the small concave mirrors, and there's not that much blind spot left. But that yellow light really catches your attention, so you're better aware of something in the other lane right behind you.
Try driving a 1973 K5 Blazer with the small square mirrors and the side windows in the soft top are faded so bad, you can't see thru them. :D

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I've made do without it towing various things with my GMC for years, so I hear ya on just learning to use the mirrors. However, I'll be curious to see if its helpful or annoying (or both). I never thought I would care about a backup camera until I had one on a couple cars and came to really love having that as a regular feature.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I had to drive a big bobtail box truck for work a few times. I asked my buddy one day what he does to get people to let him in when changing lanes, One on ramp on the freeway was really bad, even for a car. He said he got to the point where he would turn on his turn signal, count to three, then start merging over. Said he got some horn honks but it worked.
I tried it the next time I had to drive that route, it works. :cool:

DrTron

Reaction score
Try driving a 1973 K5 Blazer with the small square mirrors and the side windows in the soft top are faded so bad, you can't see thru them. :D
Thanks, but no thanks :D
I've driven my fair share of sports cars in the past, most of them with huge b-pillars and tiny mirrors.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
One item I couldn't find in the guide was the power sliding rear window. Is that standard on the Power Wagon? It wasn't listed as a separate option to pick when I ordered, but that order guide says 'fixed rear window'. I'm hoping it comes standard like the heated seats and remote start. Do all of you 2019 and up PW guys have the rear power sliding window?

Wanderlust

Reaction score
One item I couldn't find in the guide was the power sliding rear window. Is that standard on the Power Wagon? It wasn't listed as a separate option to pick when I ordered, but that order guide says 'fixed rear window'. I'm hoping it comes standard like the heated seats and remote start. Do all of you 2019 and up PW guys have the rear power sliding window?

Power sliding rear window (GFE) is listed in the 2023 price guide as part of the level 1 equipment package for the Power Wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread