Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ya. And we are seeing builds after ours getting shipped and even delivered in a timely manner; some even right away after being built. Of course I asked how could this be?
My dealer and I speculated bouncing ideas off each other. Maybe a train is ready to head to states, port Allen in particular with 8 spots left to fill. Turns out 7 trucks coming off the line in the next hour are heading that way. Rather than handle them twice (sent to storage, then handled again when their shipping time “should” come up) they just say “Well, put them directly on the train since it’s right here and go grab 1 more from the storage/delayed yard to fill these 8 train spots.” So 7 trucks pulled the lucky lever that day.
Again this all speculation.

Well, my thinking is not that 7 trucks pulled the lucky lever that day. It’s more like mine and some others pulled the UNLUCKY lever and have been paying for it ever since. This is exactly why I don’t gamble. I won’t even make a $5 friendly bet on the Super Bowl. I just hate this crap.

But this also brings me back to my child hood and what we would have said to those 7 trucks getting the rail right away just for being in the right place at the right time. When you walked up to the lunch line back in school, it was “No cuts, No buts, buddy” get to the back of the line and wait like everyone else.

I understand not wanting to handle trucks twice or thrice if they can literally roll off the line and onto a train. How convenient! But others are taking the hit for that convenience and not being reimbursed or compensated or even explained to why we have to endure the delays. It’s bs no doubt.

And I figure what’s happening in Saltillo is totally out of the hands of Ram, Stellantis and Chrysler motor group, but it is absolutely wrong how they are doing this. And facts are that trucks are jumping in line. Good for those trucks. But this needs to be mentioned to Ram and CMG as an issue and corrected if you ask me and many others.
Suprised at this point that MD is hogtied about your order.

jdc3186

Reaction score
Good morning @brv10 - are you able to look up a status for me? I'd appreciate any help - 3C63RRJLXNG295277

pacnw1963

Reaction score
My truck was supposed to be built yesterday, but it slipped on the proverbial banana peel to now Wednesday. Way better than the last slip of 3 weeks, this time only 3 days! And RamChat finally gave me the new verbiage of, "The order is about to enter assembly" instead of the "...your vehicle has been scheduled for production." I'm starting to think this may finally happen - but I am not holding my breath! :cool:

desertskier

Reaction score
The truck was delivered to us at our hotel near the Houston Airport on Thursday. I opted for the ceramic coating job from MD's guy and the truck looked great when it arrived. The driver handed me the keys and we loaded up and headed to Austin for 3 nights. Left Austin at 8AM on Sunday and arrived in Tucson about 12 hours later. Another MD success story.

IMG_1443.jpeg

leroyg

Reaction score
Finish looks great Was there a wait time for the application ? Is there any kind of warranty?
thanks
Leroy

desertskier

Reaction score
Finish looks great Was there a wait time for the application ? Is there any kind of warranty?
thanks
Leroy
The truck had to have the bumpers replaced so we had to wait about a week for it to be repaired and then coated. I didn't ask about a warranty since I don't live near the dealership.

USNavyEOD

Reaction score
Just got build information on my 02/03/2022 order from Mark Dodge. Looks like a "tentative" build date of 7/11/2022. Looks like my truck is the anchorman for the 2022 line-up. May get it by the end of August or September right before the MY 2023s start rolling off the line. **Disclaimer-I am in the US. No offense to the extreme patience of the brothers and sisters up north. This is ridiculous.**

2022grey

Reaction score
Just got build information on my 02/03/2022 order from Mark Dodge. Looks like a "tentative" build date of 7/11/2022. Looks like my truck is the anchorman for the 2022 line-up. May get it by the end of August or September right before the MY 2023s start rolling off the line. **Disclaimer-I am in the US. No offense to the extreme patience of the brothers and sisters up north. This is ridiculous.**
I hear you ordered 2-04-22 still no build date ! Oh and I as well live in the US

pacnw1963

Reaction score

I hear you ordered 2-04-22 still no build date ! Oh and I as well live in the US

INSANE!!!

The Real Glee

Reaction score
What is the truck? Any options? I’m asking for a “friend”.

Andrewvanh

Reaction score
@brv10 Would you please tell me when you have a chance if there is any ETA on my build? 3C63R3JL6NG293118

Thanks

leroyg

Reaction score
Question to all, I got my equipment list today on my 12/20/21 order for a 3500 SRW long bed Limited, No window sticker yet, my question is
does it mean the build has begun and they lack the inspection ? What is normal wait time between list and sticker ? Line 906 on build sheet
for those that are looking, its a Mark Dodge truck going to South Texas. It has been 21 weeks since I placed order.

drodegeb

Reaction score
Question to all, I got my equipment list today on my 12/20/21 order for a 3500 SRW long bed Limited, No window sticker yet, my question is
does it mean the build has begun and they lack the inspection ? What is normal wait time between list and sticker ? Line 906 on build sheet
for those that are looking, its a Mark Dodge truck going to South Texas. It has been 21 weeks since I placed order.
I got my window sticker 2 days after getting the equipment list.

Nealy065

Reaction score
Well 10 weeks from build date and all I know it’s possibly still sitting on the lot in Mexico with no ETA to dealer. It has taken longer to get on a train than to build. I feel like mine fell through the cracks somewhere.
VIN: 3C6UR5CL6NG242196

IowaPW

Reaction score
Well 10 weeks from build date and all I know it’s possibly still sitting on the lot in Mexico with no ETA to dealer. It has taken longer to get on a train than to build. I feel like mine fell through the cracks somewhere.
VIN: 3C6UR5CL6NG242196
Where are you shipping to?

Users who are viewing this thread